• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
She was in a hurry. :)

Actually, this I did just for fun. The outfit's colors gave me the idea. I should create my own character with a simple single cape, just like her here with modern clothing. Maybe I call her Urban Chick, or something along those lines.

Simple yet Simply Superb. Outstanding work!

eclark1894

Visionary
Lesson still in progress. I was trying to make some decent looking water for a beach scene, and I wanted to use cycles. Ghostship posted a link which not only told me which shaders to use and how to attach them, but also turned me on to the "Ocean" modifier in Blender which takes a plane and uses it to simulate the waves you see here. I want the surface to be a little glossier though, and I need to figure out how tto make Dawn's skin wet, otherwise I like this render a lot.

beach2.png

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
That water looks very good. Just some thoughts if you want to try and further challenge yourself (not that trying to make Dawn's skin look wet isn't a challenge of it's own). If there were some way too add some foam to the water, that would add a great touch. I feel like there is a way to adjust a shader so that it changes based on the height. Tereadome uses this I think. I'm not sure if it would apply here, and honestly that's already some great looking water.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I would think you should be able to use EZskin to add SSS and wet skin. One thing about the water once you get the color you wish is that the varying heights might give you the look you want due to the lighting. What are you using for the beach?

eclark1894

Visionary
That water looks very good. Just some thoughts if you want to try and further challenge yourself (not that trying to make Dawn's skin look wet isn't a challenge of it's own). If there were some way too add some foam to the water, that would add a great touch. I feel like there is a way to adjust a shader so that it changes based on the height. Tereadome uses this I think. I'm not sure if it would apply here, and honestly that's already some great looking water.
There is a way to both make Dawn's skin wet, and to add foam, I just don't know how yet.:(

On the other hand, I did have another go with the water.

water2.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know where you get the patience to do all of this Seach, but thank you. You do great work. ;)

quietrob

Extraordinary
I always subscribe to the Jim Shooter when dealing with other people's character creations. It's okay to use them but not to kill them or permanently alter them in any way. You want to kill off a character or alter who they are, you should start with your own and end it there. Just my rule and two cents.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's a good rule, Rob. It's one writers of pastiche stories and books could well follow. One of my favourite authors broke that rule in her latest book and I doubt I will ever buy another, I'm still that mad at her.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's a good rule, Rob. It's one writers of pastiche stories and books could well follow. One of my favourite authors broke that rule in her latest book and I doubt I will ever buy another, I'm still that mad at her.

And for those of us who participate in online RPG (group creative writing, basically), that is an unbreakable rule unless the person has the explicit permission of the character's original writer.

LOL :) But then we don't allow anyone to write another person's character at all without that same kind of permission anyway...

No matter how old I get I still like playing with trains.

I like that render, Hornet. I like the camera angle and perspective, I think.

Keira : I Heart U!

While I'm personally not a fan of the whole text-speak thing, I have to say I really like her expression. :D You always do a really nice job with facial expressions!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hornet, I love vintage trains, planes and automobiles. And boats. And I really like your railway station, which one is it?

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, I love vintage trains, planes and automobiles. And boats. And I really like your railway station, which one is it?

The station is just as the render suggests and is of Dunster Staition, this is a very faithful model by Dry Jack, as are the rest of the railway content . The station is still in use today as one of the stops on the preserved West Somerset Railway. It is only a couple of hours drive from where I live and I have visited it on a number of occasions. The village is a short walk from the station and well worth a visit and they usually have a Christmas fare.

My most favorite memory of Dunster is travelling there by train to the visit the Christmas fare followed by the UK favorite meal of Fish and Chips on the return journey.....pure magic.

In my render I have used artistic license to a degree as, while the station is close to water, it is not that close and the water is on the other side anyway. Come to think of it there are no sidings at Dunster either but then it is a render, I have loads of photographs if I want real life.