• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hey, Laurie, any chance of seeing the bottom of the foot... ie: toe pads! I love kitty toe pads! I know, I'm weird! :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You will see the whole Big Kitty ....soon:) (Actually still working on those pesky toes today....where the UV seam hits is very inconvenient and it is beyond tough to get the toes spread out enough to do the level of 3d painting I would like to do on them)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
awwwww, @CWRW I sorry... was afraid of that... still what you will do, will be WAYYYYYYY better than anything out there!! hugs!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You will see the whole Big Kitty ....soon:) (Actually still working on those pesky toes today....where the UV seam hits is very inconvenient and it is beyond tough to get the toes spread out enough to do the level of 3d painting I would like to do on them)

Not always easy to anticipate where a texture artist would prefer seams to run. I layed out the UVs the best I could, and tried to minimize seams by joining areas together as well.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Had Paul sent you over what he's got done with the rigging? I thought he had paw spread morphs made? Might help!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Not always easy to anticipate where a texture artist would prefer seams to run. I layed out the UVs the best I could, and tried to minimize seams by joining areas together as well.

Hey Chris
Not your fault- you did what made sense and you know I am no good at UVs so I really can't criticize! It's just a tricky seam for doing fur as it runs right through the middle of the toes and I just have to deal with it:) I think what I did today works well enough/I am happy enough with them. I have been thinking about trying a different 3d painting program as the one I have now isn't great for that kind of detail on a seam.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Had Paul sent you over what he's got done with the rigging? I thought he had paw spread morphs made? Might help!

LOL trust me- I spread them up down and all over- you should have seen what I did to poor Rodrigo's fingers back when:) Mainly it's just fur is a lot tougher to do that with than skin since fur has a direction and flow. Seams in general are just tougher with fur.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
LOL trust me- I spread them up down and all over- you should have seen what I did to poor Rodrigo's fingers back when:) Mainly it's just fur is a lot tougher to do that with than skin since fur has a direction and flow. Seams in general are just tougher with fur.

I can only imagine!

Sure appreciate what you're doing.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
May I ask what program your using to create your fabulous textures Laurie?

Pretty much plain old Photoshop. I do do some work in Blacksmith 3D, mainly seams and what I call rough sketches on the UV map. Am wanting to at least try the 30 day free trial with Photoshop CC (I have PS CS6 and it doesn't always play well with stupid El Capitan- I only upgraded my Mac OS so I could run the new Poser 11/Superfly - which I DO love!!!)