• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, so much focus for Paul, Laurie and me has been on getting the Big Kitty over the finish line. I have seen some very impressive but early texture map work on Lil' Kitty though and it's going to be amazing!!

I'm thinking right now that we'll probably jump back to Sora for Dawn for just a bit and get her done and out. We already have submitted products coming in for her. Then we'll jump back to Lil' Kitty and get him/her out. Should be very shortly after Kitty though. I believe Laurie is going to jump back on the Pegasus project with Ken and get that wrapped up before she finishes her wondermous House cat maps.

But... It's coming.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll be creating one on Monday as a JCM for a natural look.
Thanks Chris! Your JCM's look fantastic...

I had declawed cats that climbed trees using their pads to grip, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised Tsuki can climb upside down :p
Satira, do you use the Cats Claws covers? I saw them recently and was wondering if you use them at all?

Heya, new here and really just registered in the first place to leave my gratitude for the HiveWire crew. Luckily, I only stumbled onto the newer animal models only about one month or so ago, or else I'd be as much sitting on hot coals as all the people from the 60+ pages and going. The model looks absolutely amazing and made me, even in its work-in-progress state, forget about the disappointment especially DAZ's Big Cat 2 brought. Keep up the good work!
Welcome to the Hive pRabbit! Also I noticed Eota had liked some posts but I don't think I've welcomed you yet! So welcome Eota as well!

Some of us have very strange cats who contort themselves to fit in a sink. In this case, she first demanded I turn on the water, then she flopped down in the sink under the faucet to drink. Meanwhile, the water was puddling up around her and streaming down her tail.
lol...my cat does similar stuff. She prefers to use tap water on her paws to help her wash herself as well...

Wow Laurie...your textures are amazing also...

If Sora is coming out next after the cat I need to pull my fingers out and get to work also. I have a character started but still need to create the textures.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This should be the last morph for the Big Cat base. TongueDrinking.

leopard267.JPG
leopard268.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Paul will be adding this one in as well as a couple more I did yesterday. Paul's been hooking up all kinds of control dials for ease of use. I think we now have over 190 morphs to dial up on Kitty.

Laurie is also wrapping things up from her end. Paul is currently working on scaling of body parts and groups, and will add everything together one last time and submit again to Beta and QAV. Laurie will work in her gorgeous product shots and we'll have this puppy, I mean Kitty ready!!!!

Yeah!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Chris, is anyone working on poses for our gorgeous Kitty????? ~hint~ ~hint~ ~hint~ ~hint~ ~hint~

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm pretty sure Paul is planning on including 10 "everyday" poses. I was planning on working on a pose pack as I work up the promo images. (LOL they sort of go hand in hand:) I could probably do a pose pack with the current rig I have but would feel more comfortable doing a pose pack with a more final version.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I agree Laurie. If you could wait til Paul can get you the final version with even more JCMs and control dials. I think you're really going to be blown away with what Paul has come up with. Its a very robust product.

Paul has a couple poses in the works from the 10 he'll be doing. I don't think this animal can have enough pose sets. An imagine still having poses with the cub, and with Taka, and sets like sleeping, grooming, hunting, climbing type poses.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Cool, Chris- thanks! Yeah I figured it would be better to wait. (And yes! yes! I am so looking forward to all those pose controls especially!)

Yeah I hope to do many pose packs for him (and more for Harry too!) but with my schedule I will aim for getting one Kitty pose pack done for now:)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pen, I used them on Taeyn when she was little and they worked absolutely great. I tried them on Tsuki, but she freaked out when I was putting them on her. I suspect the kitten ones may have been just a tad too small for some of her claws. I also managed to get some of the glue on a finger ... but fortunately, I didn't glue that finger to anything! Turned out the only nail polish remover I had didn't have acetone. Ooopsie!

The package I got had both the kitten claw caps and bigger ones. I keep thinking I should check to see if the bigger caps in the package will work for her or if they are too small now she's 9 months.

Cool tongue morph, Chris.

Can't wait to see the poses!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I I think you're really going to be blown away with what Paul has come up with. Its a very robust product.

Yeah, that's the understatement of the year. Paul showed us bunches of Kitty's morphs in our Skype meeting Friday and it's nothing short of jaw dropping. Between Chris' modeling, Paul's rigging, & Laurie's mapping....Wowser!! Lisa & I just kept saying "Wow". :)