• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
After have had my credit card held hostage as a PC member I am thinking of canceling that membership since the benefits of it no longer exist.
I did just that back in March, after 11 1/2 years as a member. It just wasn't worth it to me any more.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah I have been supporting that company since before it was DAZ. The first products I purchased were the Zygote props and accessories for P4 figures even before the Mil1 figure Vicki was released. That has been a looooong time in passing. It frustrates me they forgot who put them on the map. I am bummed I have been a loyal consumer but don't feel any loyalty from them in thanks.
Time to move on feeling stupid as I walk out the door! :(

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Gorgeous work Laurie!!! The best out there by a mile!!!

Most impressive talent on display.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all!

A couple last ones for today. More work around and in the mouth. Yes I can do older teeth- not really dirty just older:) They just look that way in big cats when they get older.

LOL! Have a great weekend everyone!

Leopard78a.jpg

Leopard78b.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Another must have! I have to say that my bank account has taken a bit of a pounding since I found Hivewire but with the amazing standards being set here, what the heck, its only money! Le roi est mort, vive le Hivewire! :beehive:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Love your thinking. So many projects... so little time.

With the Big Cat coming out the popularity of the Mule deer and other North American type deer will be great with the mountain lion and others. But the antelopes and gazelles with be great for the lions and tigers. So we do need to consider it for sure. As far as the morphing, it wouldn't take but a day or two from the Mule deer to some of the antelope breeds, then add in a bit more for the antler modeling. The bigger issue then would be working in the map work.

Would be WAY nice when the big cat and antelope and other African animals are ready, to also offer a set of really nice backgrounds similar to the the DAZ Cyclorama Serengetti and other forest/plains sets....but BETTER!....to properly frame these beautiful new breeds of Poser animals. Though I have used these Cyclorama sets a lot they are getting LOOOOOOONG in the tooth for more modern versions of Poser and rendering needs and capabilities of hardware and software versions. Real mesh trees and brush like the Stonemason jungle set (Just found out he is offering another set but ONLY for D/S and I felt like crying). Good interactive backgrounds and sets are so hard to find and any new options would be greatly received by me anyway.

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
Someone may have asked this already, but the paws were my biggest issue with Big Cat 2. They were flat-padded all of the time. I see this set looks more natural, but will there be squish morphs or flatten morphs for when they are standing?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Would be WAY nice when the big cat and antelope and other African animals are ready, to also offer a set of really nice backgrounds similar to the the DAZ Cyclorama Serengetti and other forest/plains sets....but BETTER!....to properly frame these beautiful new breeds of Poser animals. Though I have used these Cyclorama sets a lot they are getting LOOOOOOONG in the tooth for more modern versions of Poser and rendering needs and capabilities of hardware and software versions. Real mesh trees and brush like the Stonemason jungle set (Just found out he is offering another set but ONLY for D/S and I felt like crying). Good interactive backgrounds and sets are so hard to find and any new options would be greatly received by me anyway.
Oh I have those too, but to tell the truth, it's been ages since I've used them. A nice newer set of backgrounds like those would be nice.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh they're still usable, but veeeeeery long in the tooth.

Lately someone over on DAZ has started offering sets of flat and curved background images in Studio format. Things like Cityscapes, or mountain scapes. Theirs seem typically to have a water ground plane.

Something like that ought not to be difficult to create (theirs use transmaps so they aren;t rectangular in use. They have properly irregular skylines). I think they are designed to be used as backdrops *inside* a skydome. With a decent ground plane you could build pretty much any kind of environment.

Of course one can also wait in hope for a DS-compliant version of the Terradome. (Poser users don't have to wait.)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that sounds like a skydome. I haven't played much with with the ones I have, but certainly, especially with PoserPro 11, that might be the way to go.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Another great product to use as a ground plain with an environment sphere or skydome is Caisson's Northern Soul. It's pretty much my go-to for test renders since its default materials look great in Superfly, but I use it pretty often for filling out the background/hiding the horizon, too. It used to be at RDNA, so I presume it's at DAZ now.