• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

@_@ I've been waiting for another form of animal from you guys, all the cat figures I have are old, and I luv me some dragons.

Can't wait, hyped <3

Just putting it out there, though, but would it be possible to work on improved rigging/support for Carrara? I have no problem exporting Dawn and the HW3D horse from Poser, but I'd rather do all my work in one program.

Pawsome!!! Got a tentative release date? I hope you're including a pibble morph for the HW dog.. they are truly America's dog despite the bad rap they've gotten!

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
I'd like to put in a request for a bull dog, a mastiff, a collie ... How do they plan to do long-haired breeds? Like St Bernards or sheepdogs?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'd like to put in a request for a bull dog, a mastiff, a collie ... How do they plan to do long-haired breeds? Like St Bernards or sheepdogs?

I'm doing my best to create the shapes to cover short hair breeds first. As to the long hair breeds, we'll have to rely on the talents of others to add in their magic for specific long hair breeds. But the bull dog, mastiff and others can certainly be worked into the schedule for breed morphs. Yeah, I'd like to tackle a boxer or Great Dane next. Wouldn't that be cool to see... the same mesh to cover a chihuahua and a Great Dane?!! It can be done, and will be done!

As to some of the other Big Cat breeds with manes for example. I'll model the mane and beards like creating hair for a human figure. Those will be offered up as breed specific products. The customer will have much better control over the morphs added in to those also.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Purrrrrfect! I know big cats don't purr but I couldn't think of a ruffle pun.

Thanks Chuck. I do believe though that someone chimed in on this thread saying that a few of the big cats do indeed purr. Not sure, but I can just see it coming. Someone dancing back in to set us straight. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
By the way. Welcome to WillowRaven, AeonicButterfly and PixelWrangler (if I missed welcoming you here recently)!!

Thank you for adding your voice and needed input!

icedragonart

Admirable
Oh my gosh these look incredible! Maybe some day someone will do an Aussie dog.... But in the meantime I am sure I can find something to make with all the other animals lol. Cannot wait to see the dragons either, one of my all time favorite beasts ever.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think I've welcomed all the new folks but like Chris, just in case - WELCOME!

Got a tentative release date?

No, if Chris were to give tentative release dates, I would have to shoot him, and then there would be NO animals.

;):p

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
:doesnotsuck: I think this is great. There's going to be so much potential for what people will be able to create with these. I can't wait.

Yeah, and imagine the wings being able to work on all of them as well. The wings will be an add on and others can be created and swamped in for other looks.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I think I've welcomed all the new folks but like Chris, just in case - WELCOME!

No, if Chris were to give tentative release dates, I would have to shoot him, and then there would be NO animals ;)

Go ahead and shoot! I'm a fast healer! The Big Cat/Leopard (named Kitty) will be the first one out and available. That cat will be out in 2 weeks!!!

Okay, just kidding! But... it is being rigged now and CWRW is currently working on maps too. See earlier renders in this thread for those beauties in progress! We do want the Big Cat to hit while the new Tarzan movie is hot and in the theaters, to go well with our Jungle themed releases.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Go ahead and shoot! I'm a fast healer! The Big Cat/Leopard (named Kitty) will be the first one out and available. That cat will be out in 2 weeks!!!

Okay, just kidding!

:rofl:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
This is outstanding. Now we need a similar screen grab of Harry and all the hooved critters you've got on the back burner. (And if you've got potential rhinos or hopes for Eli we need one of those too.)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This is outstanding. Now we need a similar screen grab of Harry and all the hooved critters you've got on the back burner. (And if you've got potential rhinos or hopes for Eli we need one of those too.)

Great idea. Yes, I'll do that after lunch today. Was thinking the same thing.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh my gosh these look incredible! Maybe some day someone will do an Aussie dog.... But in the meantime I am sure I can find something to make with all the other animals lol. Cannot wait to see the dragons either, one of my all time favorite beasts ever.

Hey cool. So check out some of the morphs I've been making for this Dragon of ours. HiveWire Dragon Begins