• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
These are just a couple of preview renders on a character for Dusk that I have resumed working on. This all still very early in the development process here, but I'm planning a body/head morph preset with skin, and probably at least a couple of poses to go with him.

Standard caveat here : Anything and everything subject to change until declared final... and I have no idea when exactly he will be done.

This Nataani. :)

Nataani-Head.png

Nataani-Head2.png

And Nataani borrowed from M5's closet as I haven't got much to put on his lower half that wouldn't cover ALL of his lower half here. LOL

Nataani-Body1.png

I am still working on his morphs. I'm not happy yet with the pecs; I need to round them out a little bit more but do it without making them look female. I feel like I could really use some additional shaping dials in that area, but I have no idea how to describe what exactly I'm looking for. LOL And I wish I had more control over the musculature on individual body parts, rather than just dials that affect the entire figure all at once; I'd like to reduce the bulge on the back of the calf just a little bit.

I have a few skin options planned, but haven't yet got those textures to a state that is acceptable for public viewing. Also, the materials right now are extremely basic. I have not done anything with SSS or ubersurface or anything like that yet. More previews will follow as I continue work on him. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Gah. Silly me. I forgot that Dusk came with at least a set of briefs here.

Anyway - this is more of a three quarter/almost-rear view of the body shape as it is currently. I'm not sure why his pecs look completely flat in the first one here; it must just be the camera angle, as I have not changed any morphs between that render and the previous ones.

The lower lip is bugging me also; I'd like to pull the lower lip forward a bit... but there are no dials for that, either. I tried a bit with Studio's d-forms, but all it did was warp the lip, so ended up deleting the d-form as well.

Nataani-Body2.png

Nataani-Body3.png

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looking good.
I like the face morph!

Thanks. The face morph is actually very close to done. I'm almost, almost satisfied with that part. I've got a couple of small things that I want to tweak on the morph. He does use Chris' morph pack as well as the initial head morph pack, though, so he is going to end up needing both of those morph packs to use him.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Doing a little more work on this... I ended up re-doing his eye textures entirely. I just wasn't happy with how the other eyes were turning out. I now have enough eye textures made for Nataani that I am satisfied with, that well... they could almost be released as a package on their own here. There are 20 different eyes now for him! LMAO I am still working on the eye reflection, though the underlying texture maps themselves are done for the eye colors. At the moment, what I have for the reflection is not horrible, but it's not quite good enough for my taste yet.

I did some more tweaking on his face morph as well. Another thing I really wish we had with his morphs - the ability to adjust the eye height individually, as well as to adjust the distance of the eye towards or away from the nose individually... no human face is exactly symmetrical, and that includes the eyes and their positions on the face...

Anyway - this is the rework of his default, black eye texture, with the updated face morph (I mostly just added a little weight to his cheeks - still tweaking his face a little bit...)

I also tried him out with a different hair object. And heck. he looks good in glasses. :D

Nataani-EyesNew1.png

And one of the more pale colored eye options... green here... so you don't have to be stuck with just those bright vivid colors, and can use the more subtle colors if you wish for your renders...

Nataani-EyesNew2.png

And one of the more brightly colored eyes... yes, these stand out from quite a distance, and that is intentional. They are meant to grab the viewer's attention. :)

Nataani-EyesNew3.png

And one of the browns (there are three brown, blue, and green)...

Nataani-EyesNew4.png

And here is one of the fantasy colored eyes... there are eight different fantasy colors in this.

Nataani-EyesNew6.png

And the light grey eye color. There is a darker grey eye color included as well. The darker grey is sort of the halfway point between this silver and the default black eye color. I did these two colors to try and accommodate the folks who might want or need to set their own eye color for a particular scene. These two are good for just changing a diffuse color to get a different eye color when it's needed for a render.

Nataani-EyesNew7.png

I would like to offer at least one facial hair option, but that depends on whether or not I can pull it off and have it look good. I will be working on that today.

All of Nataani's mats will be in 3Delight format. I am a 3Delight artist, and I don't use Iray, so I am not able to produce Iray mats, I'm sorry!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love it...that fantasy eye colour makes me think he's about to shapeshift into a wolf or a big cat...I think I've watched too much Grimm lately.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And one of the included poses... (like I said, I'd been working on this for a while and then got stuck over lack of morphs, until I got ahold of Chris' morph kit... LOL). I have ten poses planned; four of them are completed. This is one of the ones I'm still fussing with.

I'd like to include some go-to position poses for the cowboy hat so it can be used "as seen," on the two poses that I've used it in, but I am still fussing with his fingers in regards to the mesh on the hat yet. If I can't get the fingers to work right with the hat, I'll just change the finger positions and leave the pose without it.

Good to know that people are liking the eye colors. I was a little worried about them when I re-did them; wasn't sure if they were too vivid/bright for people's liking, which is why I tried to include some more pale color toned eyes as well. I have all of his eyes done at this point, and mat poses done for the eyes. I have finalized his default head and body morph and have gotten the shape preset files done as well. :D I am debating including a younger morph for him, but that depends on how it comes out. I'm experimenting with it as we speak, as well as working on the remaining poses for the pack.

Anyway - here's one of the other poses - still tweaking the hands, as I said above, this one is still in progress.

Nataani-Pose1.png

I think I prefer him with longer hair, though this slightly shorter style doesn't look too bad on him.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Love it...that fantasy eye colour makes me think he's about to shapeshift into a wolf or a big cat...I think I've watched too much Grimm lately.

That means I did that color right. :) The intent behind the fantasy colors was to give him some otherworldly colors that can be used for fantasy or sci-fi renders. ^_^ There are a few different fantasy eye colors in the pack. I will try to get a quick view image composited of all of the eyes at some point soon.

Still fighting with the facial hair options at the moment as well; it's pretty difficult to match the hair to Nataani's skin as the hairs are made for Caucasian skintones... LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looking good...I wouldn't even know where to start with facial hairs...

To be honest, I'm kind of torn right now on the facial hair option aspect of things. Part of the problem for me is that I have a tendency to hate drawn-on or mapped-on hair. It always looks fake to me, no matter HOW good the texture artist is, or HOW well they've applied it. I just vastly prefer conformed or fibermesh solutions for facial hair. So basically no matter what I do with it, it's looking fake and I hate it. LMAO I may end up scrapping it entirely.