• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Zaarin

Brilliant
I was torn between Dr. Bashir and Calvin freaking out (which I have as my profile pic on Facebook, mostly to subtly express my frustration both with the current political situation), so I decided to compromise with Tracer Bullet. ;) I used this one as my Gravatar for a quite a while about a year or two ago (after using Kaidan Alenko for like two years), and sometimes there's comfort in familiarity...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's a nice one :) Being a Trekker...I of course loved Garak

Zaarin

Brilliant
It's a nice one :) Being a Trekker...I of course loved Garak
I tend to change pretty frequently, so you never know when Garak will be back. ;) Or Odo, as I have at another forum. Or Dr. Bashir as I originally intended (or possible even Julian Bashir, Secret Agent ;) ).

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Am I the only one that sees his avatar as a black box? Zaarin's, I mean. I can see everyone else's just fine, but for some reason, your avatar just looks like a black box to me. LOL

And I remember Garak - I loved that character! They did such a good job with him. :D

Zaarin

Brilliant
Am I the only one that sees his avatar as a black box? Zaarin's, I mean. I can see everyone else's just fine, but for some reason, your avatar just looks like a black box to me. LOL

And I remember Garak - I loved that character! They did such a good job with him. :D
Weird. I can see my own avatar. It should be Tracer Bullet from Calvin & Hobbes...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Weird. I can see my own avatar. It should be Tracer Bullet from Calvin & Hobbes...

It's very weird! Your avatar is the ONLY one that I can't see! LOL

upload_2016-5-11_22-50-59.png

Quite strange!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I can see it just fine Zaarin. Maybe someone secretly installed a Calvin and Hobes filter on Seliah's machine.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Maybe her browser doesn't like PNGs. What browser are you using Seliah? Is that Chrome?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can see it just fine Zaarin. Maybe someone secretly installed a Calvin and Hobes filter on Seliah's machine.

:lol:

Maybe her browser doesn't like PNGs. What browser are you using Seliah? Is that Chrome?

Uhm. I'm actually using Opera. I have had too many problems with Chrome over the years and I will NOT use IE unless I have absolutely no choice. So I've been using Opera for the last year or so. I have no trouble seeing PNG's anywhere else; it's just the one avatar here that does not display correctly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh right the O is opera. Not sure why I thought it was Chrome. I've been using Firefox since version 4, but tried Chrome and Opera when they first came out, and didn't care for either one.

I also hate IE. Haven't used it since IE 4 screwed up my old Win98 SE desktop years ago. Switched to FF4 and haven't looked back.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I used to use FF but we have to use Chrome at work (we use Macs there) and I just got used to it so I use it on my PC at home as well :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I used to use FF but we have to use Chrome at work (we use Macs there) and I just got used to it so I use it on my PC at home as well :D
Yes, it's what you get used to. I didn't hate Chrome or Opera, I just didn't like either of them enough to want to change from FF.

My old firm used IE, and I really, really, really hated it, but put up with it at work because I didn't have a choice.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'm using Safari on my phone and can see it. Can also see it on FF on my computer.

Did you see today's Calvin and Hobbes comic on FB today, Zaarin? Came out first in 1989 and hasn't aged a day :)

Zaarin

Brilliant
I'm using Safari on my phone and can see it. Can also see it on FF on my computer.

Did you see today's Calvin and Hobbes comic on FB today, Zaarin? Came out first in 1989 and hasn't aged a day :)
I follow the C&H Facebook page, but I don't really pay much attention to it since I read through the entire collection once or twice a year. :D Bill Watterson is such a genius, and I admire his passion for artistic integrity deeply.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I tend to change pretty frequently, so you never know when Garak will be back. ;) Or Odo, as I have at another forum. Or Dr. Bashir as I originally intended (or possible even Julian Bashir, Secret Agent ;) ).
I told you you never know when it might switch Dr. Bashir... ;) I used this picture as my avatar at CivFanatics, so I decided to add it to Gravatar as well. :D