1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Alisa, Dec 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Isn't it always that way? :)

3. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Now that sounds like every pet everywhere. LOL. They choose you, not the other way around. ;) Little furry family memebrs. :D

4. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

This is a friendly PSA reminding you that we do create here ... we are artists after all, right?

I'm reading forums and see so many ? "Blank faces". ? ?

Surely you have some little image or a piece of an image or an upside down photo or a picture of your cat or dog or flying squirrel? Anything to show me something besides those question marks?

You do have one, right?

:thankyou:

:love:

5. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

I approve of this message :)

Mythocentric likes this.
  6. Miss B

Me too Lorraine. My avatar was the first thing I uploaded when the new forums opened. :)

7. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Mine will actually be changing soon. I've been using Vincent's old Poser 5 picture for like 10 years. :laugh: It's way past time for a new one... I just haven't a clue what it will be changing to just yet. That sort of thing tends to be the sort of thing that happens on a whim or when I'm NOT trying to do it! LOL

8. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Nataani Seliah...would look awesome!

9. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

I get to know people by their avatars, so I get confuse when they change them ;) But I know many people like to.

The important thing is to HAVE one :)

Rae134 likes this.
  10. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Well, fortunately for folks who are like that (I admit I am the same way!), I do not change my avatars very often, as evidenced by my current 10 year old avatar... LOL :D

Probably not, though. I like the character and all, but he's not really me. More likely it will end up being Blake... Blake takes a lot of myself into his character; he's the first character of mine to do that since Vincent. LOL

11. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Well there you go...you answered yourself! :)

12. Miss B

I don't change mine often either. This one is "relatively" new, but my other avatar is about 7 or 8 years old, and the one I used when I started in 3D about 12 or 13 years ago, I used for 4 or 5 years, so I guess I'm good to go for a while with this one. ;)

I do have to agree about recognizing folks with the help of their avatars. A lot of folks Nicks/Aliases are familiar to me, but the avatar they use at numerous other 3D forums helps me to know I actually "know" them, if you know what I mean. :)

13. Alisa

Yes, I do know what you mean :) I use this avatar everywhere. Dunno, maybe that makes me boring but at least I'm cute with my little Snoopy stuffed animal in my mouth :p

Lorraine likes this.
  14. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Well, I had that part answered already! LOL. It's a matter of the picture itself to make. :)

15. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

LOL. Yes, I've always liked that avatar of yours for just that reason. :) But I have a thing for dogs anyway. They're just cute and very loyal animals.

LisaB likes this.
  16. Alisa

Thanks. He was a doll

ETA - LOL, that came out funny. Snoopy was a doll, literally, Shasta, the Golden Retriever, was a doll as in sweetheart :) .

17. Miss B

18. Lorraine

On the topic of Snoopy I have to show you the little dog I'm looking after (I've been her Aunty Lorraine since she was eight weeks old and she's now eight years old!). Her puppy is called Snoopy too though it's not an actual Snoopy toy. Have to go to the phone to post the pic. Back in a mo.

And here she is: Joycie with Snoopy the Beloved

image.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Pendraia likes this.
  19. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

I am using this avatar on at least two forums. I changed it up for Deviant Art and for ShareCG, but I made this when the Batman v Superman movie was announced and have used it since then. I won't change it until I get tired of looking at it.

20. Lorraine

My avatar used to be a pic of my boat but I think the one I have now is more appropriate and says all that needs saying ;)