• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

This is a friendly PSA reminding you that we do create here ... we are artists after all, right?

I'm reading forums and see so many ? "Blank faces". ? ?

Surely you have some little image or a piece of an image or an upside down photo or a picture of your cat or dog or flying squirrel? Anything to show me something besides those question marks?

You do have one, right?

:thankyou:

:love:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Me too Lorraine. My avatar was the first thing I uploaded when the new forums opened. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mine will actually be changing soon. I've been using Vincent's old Poser 5 picture for like 10 years. :laugh: It's way past time for a new one... I just haven't a clue what it will be changing to just yet. That sort of thing tends to be the sort of thing that happens on a whim or when I'm NOT trying to do it! LOL

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I get to know people by their avatars, so I get confuse when they change them ;) But I know many people like to.

The important thing is to HAVE one :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I get to know people by their avatars, so I get confuse when they change them ;) But I know many people like to.

The important thing is to HAVE one :)

Well, fortunately for folks who are like that (I admit I am the same way!), I do not change my avatars very often, as evidenced by my current 10 year old avatar... LOL :D

Nataani Seliah...would look awesome!

Probably not, though. I like the character and all, but he's not really me. More likely it will end up being Blake... Blake takes a lot of myself into his character; he's the first character of mine to do that since Vincent. LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't change mine often either. This one is "relatively" new, but my other avatar is about 7 or 8 years old, and the one I used when I started in 3D about 12 or 13 years ago, I used for 4 or 5 years, so I guess I'm good to go for a while with this one. ;)

I do have to agree about recognizing folks with the help of their avatars. A lot of folks Nicks/Aliases are familiar to me, but the avatar they use at numerous other 3D forums helps me to know I actually "know" them, if you know what I mean. :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, I do know what you mean :) I use this avatar everywhere. Dunno, maybe that makes me boring but at least I'm cute with my little Snoopy stuffed animal in my mouth :p

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, I do know what you mean :) I use this avatar everywhere. Dunno, maybe that makes me boring but at least I'm cute with my little Snoopy stuffed animal in my mouth :p

LOL. Yes, I've always liked that avatar of yours for just that reason. :) But I have a thing for dogs anyway. They're just cute and very loyal animals.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks. He was a doll

ETA - LOL, that came out funny. Snoopy was a doll, literally, Shasta, the Golden Retriever, was a doll as in sweetheart :) .

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
On the topic of Snoopy I have to show you the little dog I'm looking after (I've been her Aunty Lorraine since she was eight weeks old and she's now eight years old!). Her puppy is called Snoopy too though it's not an actual Snoopy toy. Have to go to the phone to post the pic. Back in a mo.

And here she is: Joycie with Snoopy the Beloved

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am using this avatar on at least two forums. I changed it up for Deviant Art and for ShareCG, but I made this when the Batman v Superman movie was announced and have used it since then. I won't change it until I get tired of looking at it.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
My avatar used to be a pic of my boat but I think the one I have now is more appropriate and says all that needs saying ;)