• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ao Dai for Luna

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's a good idea. That actually may help in Poser with an odd issue I've been having with the dynamics. The constrained group is harshly sucking in the pixels, (or maybe the non-constrained are popping away) and I get this bump I don't like. I've never had this happen before, and so far my attempts to adjust the settings on how far the cloth is from the body to fix it, haven't worked.

Yeah, I have gotten that in the past. Sometimes I try using soft decorated instead of constrained and it might work. But, usually, I use one of PhilC's cloth presets - silk - and it is not so obvious when the cloth is softer and falls away better. But, straps will stop that anyway if you're going with them you don't need the constrained waistband.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I'll have more on the shoes later, although the decoration will definitely be a smart prop. In the mean time I was wondering if anyone who has used the dynamics in DS would be willing to test out my pants with straps. In Poser the straps tended to fall down the arms, but I don't really mind having two versions if the straps work in DS. All I have at the moment is an obj file for the pants with straps.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
So I'll have more on the shoes later, although the decoration will definitely be a smart prop. In the mean time I was wondering if anyone who has used the dynamics in DS would be willing to test out my pants with straps. In Poser the straps tended to fall down the arms, but I don't really mind having two versions if the straps work in DS. All I have at the moment is an obj file for the pants with straps.

Can't help with DS, but if you cross the straps in the back (in an X) they won't fall off the shoulders even in Poser.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So the straps seem to be working, although it took several attempts. The trick it turns out is to make sure they cross high in the back, otherwise as narrow as little Luna's shoulder's are they slip down.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yesterday I spent a lot of time fixing up the geometry of the shoes. Making the bow a prop was in part good because there were some big issues underneath it that I got cleaned up. Also without the bow I realized that there's a lot that could be done with these shoes. Here are a couple test materials I set up

This is making me tend towards having the shoes be their own thing, because I think someone who is much better at textures than me could do some really nice stuff with these, and they could be very versatile for a lot of outfits for Luna.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
In the mean time I was wondering if anyone who has used the dynamics in DS would be willing to test out my pants with straps. In Poser the straps tended to fall down the arms, but I don't really mind having two versions if the straps work in DS. All I have at the moment is an obj file for the pants with straps.

I'll be happy to test the pants in DS, GG.

Shoes are looking good.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I was playing with dynamics yesterday, and somehow the post got swallowed, even though the media ended up in the gallery. In any case these were some dynamic tests I was doing.

My goal for today is finish cleaning up the Poser version of the shoes with one set of textures. That way I can get it tested by others. Then it'll be time to dive into DS so I can start converting stuff. You will likely hear a few calls for help as I try and remember/figure out how to use DS.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So, I've finally got 'real' textures for my shoes. What I mean by that is I'm not just slapping on material collections I've purchased over time, but making an image map, and normal map and so on. Still some adjustment needed, and I'm trying to decide if I like the option to have the bow in two colors or not.

And the bows are quite placed right. Still some adjustment needed there.

Also, I had asked for pictures of my the bottom of my 2 year old nieces shoes, because I figured in many Luna poses you're likely to see the bottom. Turns out half my niece's shoes have butterflies on the bottom. . . so butterflies!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone.

Ah adorable! I'm hoping someone does a Kimono and a Hanbok and maybe some Hakama. This is sooo cute!!

I definitely have other things planned down the line. However, I'm not allowed to start anything else until I get at least one thing finished. :bee:

I think this would look nice on Diva too :)

When I got Diva I tried her out with both this, and the similar version for Dawn I'm working on. I just did some quick adjustments, to see which was easier to fit, and I found the Dawn one was. Part of it was the collar. It's a closely fitting collar and Luna's neck is proportional much thicker than Diva's. Doesn't mean this couldn't be fitted to Diva, but my plan is to build a Diva morph into the Dawn version.

Of course, now I'm thinking I should take another look at the shoes, they might nicely scale up for Diva, and since so many of Dawn's shoes have high heels. . . :happydance:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't know you were doing a similar one for Dawn :) I'd prob get both so I could have a whole family in matchy matchy :D

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I didn't know you were doing a similar one for Dawn :) I'd prob get both so I could have a whole family in matchy matchy :D

Yes, I need a whole family for myself, I just started with Luna cause of the cute. And Dusk of course will need an ao gam to match. . . so anyway, to try and keep myself focused, I'm trying to get Luna's at least into testing before I do too much work on Dawn's version. Cause you know testing, that's the easy part. . . Oh wait. :coding:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:rofl: Testing for other people IS the easy part for me (its creating and the fixing things that's the hard part)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
:rofl: Testing for other people IS the easy part for me (its creating and the fixing things that's the hard part)

Oh testing for others isn't bad. In fact it I use it to make me feel like I'm working when I don't want to look at my own stuff anymore. It's the trying to fix stuff that can be hard.