• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Laurie!!!! Holy Crappy!!! I mean... not crappy. Such a beautiful job! I'm very impressed.

I'm really digging this cat and your work!!

Can't wait til Paul joins in and begins to rig this.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
My cat looked at me funny when I saw these Laurie because I said "Oh I need snuggles!" to the screen the same way I say it to him :x3: Amazing job.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh my gosh! The cub looks adorable with hair on it… I was going to ask you if you had any access to real "baby kitten fur" photos for mapping?
http://media-channel.nationalgeogra.../03/ngc-9823_10842792_Newborn_Leopard_Cub.jpg
or it would have to be done with some sort of hair creation software …

i do but making a whole other leopard map may put me over the edge. grin. can't tell you how many hours- make that weeks- i have into this already and still have a very long way to go. might just modify some of it- mainly around the face. we'll have to see. the other cats will be a lot easier and their cubs too.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
CWRW are you the only one texturing this at the moment?
do you have yet or need resource material for a tiger?
I may do a tiger but I'm slow and if you or someone else is already making one then it would arrive faster and better than mine I think. If your interested and want need tiger materials I might be able to help out. okay, couple edits I'm just going to spill it.. I have been granted permission to enter a tigher cage and take photos of it! as many as I want. Also I can take photos, not go in the cages of the other animals but can get clean shots of monkes zebras, kangaroos and all sorts of weird stuff. This just came about yesterday and my mind is bouncing around all over, I'm excited and don't know what to do with this stuff. I got some good ideas behind the scens and have a direction. Just overwhelmed with excitment and diving into something new and not knowing what really to do with it.

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I may do a tiger but I'm slow and if you or someone else is already making one then it would arrive faster and better than mine I think. If your interested and want need tiger materials I might be able to help out.

at the moment- yes- getting a good bump, spec and etc maps is part of the time i am referring to, but of course will have a lot of life as they will be used for the other cats too. i have plenty of good high res photos to work with- the leopard is the hardest because of the specific pattern of the spots and avoiding stretching etc. the other cats will be a walk in the park compared to the leopard. grin. we of course need chris to make the tiger morph -and the others - still too. grin. the plan is to handle them 'breeds' of cat pretty much like we have done for the hivewire horse.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
you mentioned the hivewire horse.. I didn't see a zebra in the store, I can get good photos of a zebra too.

I also have acess to a some hyenas and canadian lynx; bigcat might be able to morph into those?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
the zebra is just about done- waiting more to be rigged by paul. thx -exclamation point.
will be finding another keyboard to replace this broken one over the weekend. grin.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I may do a tiger but I'm slow and if you or someone else is already making one then it would arrive faster and better than mine I think. If your interested and want need tiger materials I might be able to help out. okay, couple edits I'm just going to spill it.. I have been granted permission to enter a tigher cage and take photos of it! as many as I want. Also I can take photos, not go in the cages of the other animals but can get clean shots of monkes zebras, kangaroos and all sorts of weird stuff. This just came about yesterday and my mind is bouncing around all over, I'm excited and don't know what to do with this stuff. I got some good ideas behind the scens and have a direction. Just overwhelmed with excitment and diving into something new and not knowing what really to do with it.
Wow...how exciting! That is an amazing opportunity...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
and too, when the cubs are just A LITTLE older, their spots look more like the adults. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
yes I'm excited, I've decided, if I get eat, then I died a good death.
you all might see me soon on that show - worlds dumbest people

That should be amazing. I got to be fairly close to a Mountain Lion as a kid and it was just amazing. Also surreal as the Mountain Lion in question was sitting on the card catalogue in our school library. Also ways makes me think of Lazy Lions Lounging in the Local Library.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
That should be amazing. I got to be fairly close to a Mountain Lion as a kid and it was just amazing. Also surreal as the Mountain Lion in question was sitting on the card catalogue in our school library. Also ways makes me think of Lazy Lions Lounging in the Local Library.

Wow! I'm guessing someone brought it in for you all to see.
Hope it didn't just find it's way in there and all of you were like, yes, big cat to play with.

I was going to go next weekend but I'm wringing my hands thinking of going now because it is raining, the light would be good, I will not be fighting against the sun; on the flipside- I'll get soaked and could damage the camera.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Wow! I'm guessing someone brought it in for you all to see.
Hope it didn't just find it's way in there and all of you were like, yes, big cat to play with.

:roflmao: Yeah, it was brought in by a wildlife vet. There had been a couple of recent Mountain Lion attacks, and she was teaching us what to do if you ran into a Mountain Lion. The one she brought in was one that was brought to her as an abandoned cub, and couldn't be released back into the wild since he had grown up around people. He still wasn't tame, but he was well behaved.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
This is going to be one *totally awesome* model when it's complete. I see you've also started work on the new house cat as well..more goodies :) Looking at the WIP's, I suddenly had one thought..I recall seeing videos of big cats, lions mainly, walking, and the shoulder blades move up and down quite visibly. Does the big cat model have a similar morph ? Not planning any animations..but I think the shoulder blades movement should add more realism in any render ?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This is going to be one *totally awesome* model when it's complete. I see you've also started work on the new house cat as well..more goodies :) Looking at the WIP's, I suddenly had one thought..I recall seeing videos of big cats, lions mainly, walking, and the shoulder blades move up and down quite visibly. Does the big cat model have a similar morph ? Not planning any animations..but I think the shoulder blades movement should add more realism in any render ?

We're planning on taking care of shoulder blade movement with the rig.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL scoped Laurie's post out last night, and just getting back to here. AWE............ I'm Smitten!!

Awesome, photo op chances!!

I have seen the zebra mat and it is most exceptional!!

LOL but maybe this will hold you until the actual one is revealed.

Kitty food!
Zebra3 15.jpg

Last edited: