• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
The pokethrus in Poser are most likely coming from the CR2 exported from DS. I have done that several times in my previous products, believing it would save me time on the Poser version. There are a number of issues that can happen when exporting CR2s from DS, and some of them, like the pokethrus, are related to differences on how DS handles conforming items, which are definitely different from how Poser does it. It's pretty much a hit or miss. It's great when it works, but if it doesn't, it's best to start from scratch in Poser than trying to fix a broken CR2. A good example is Sanbie's "Legend of Tarzan" outfit for Dusk, where exporting the CR2 from DS went really bad - impossible to rig. She sent it to me, and my simple solution was to start from scratch, and only then things went back to normal. So if you export a CR2 from DS to Poser and things look bad, just import the OBJs and do the job in Poser. This CR2 exporter plugin was created long ago, and it has issues. It's great when it works, but if it doesn't.... :)

Oh, I didn't know we could use Puppeteer to store cameras - I thought it was only for poses. Thanks for the info! :D

First I exported it with CR2 export and in Poser it exploded. :D
So I imported the obj and used the DawnDevrig in the Setup room. It worked fine in T pose, but when I apply a pose, a few poke throughs always appear.
I bought a tutorial from DarkEdgeDesign at RDNA, about conforming clothing in Poser and I'm trying to make a Blank CR2 for Dawn, and hoping it works. :D

Puppeteer stores anything in the Scene tab. :)

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
A little correction for the pose name - KameHameHive or Hivedouken :D

Kame-Hame-Hive.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
First I exported it with CR2 export and in Poser it exploded. :D
So I imported the obj and used the DawnDevrig in the Setup room. It worked fine in T pose, but when I apply a pose, a few poke throughs always appear.
I bought a tutorial from DarkEdgeDesign at RDNA, about conforming clothing in Poser and I'm trying to make a Blank CR2 for Dawn, and hoping it works. :D

When it comes to this, things work much better in Poser 11 than they did in previous versions. That's because Poser 11 is the first version to fully transfer bulge maps and smoothing scale zones into the outfit when you rig it. Previous versions skip both, which can cause problems when posing and scaling. I have learned this the hard way. ^^

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 I don't have Poser 11 and many others are still using early versions of Poser. I need it working in Poser 9 and above.
Thanks for the info! :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If you want to create contents, P11 is your best friend. It will add the missing zones and make us work way LESS than otherwise when rigging new outfits. Both Smoothing Scale zones and bulge maps already existed way before Poser 9, so adding them to the outfits will not break compatibility. On the contrary - those SHOULD be in all my previous products, but Poser didn't make it easy until now. There is still no way to transfer the scaling zones to your existing outfits, even in P11, but it will automatically add them to new ones.

Before this, I always had to spend hours adjusting weights for the missing bulge maps. With P11 they already come for granted, and that's something I have learned to greatly appreciate. Not to mention your outfits will automatically support body scaling, which is something I use a LOT, but is very hard to add in Poser. :)

quietrob

Extraordinary
"Outfits will automatically support body scaling."

Can I assume that means as you scale down the character, the clothing will automatically scale down without crumpling as well?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
"Outfits will automatically support body scaling."
Can I assume that means as you scale down the character, the clothing will automatically scale down without crumpling as well?

Body scaling is a way to change character proportions by means of scaling individual body groups. You do that by selecting a body group and using the Scale, ScaleX, ScaleY and ScaleZ dials. Dawn and Dusk have special scaling zones built in that allow their bodies to scale without destroying the bordering groups. Each group has Smoothing Scale zones with weight maps dedicated only for this purpose. Until Poser 11, these zones were NOT created or transferred to newly created outfits, so body scaling would cause ugly distortions - especially around the hip group, where it connects to the adjacent groups (pelvis and abdomen). This area is more affected because the hip is a special group that cannot be scaled without affecting the entire body. The hip is located at the top of the groups hierarchy, where all other body groups connect from.

Poser Pro 11 will automatically create and transfer the Smoothing Scale zones from the figure to your newly created outfits, making them work seamlessly with body scaling.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hi Pen! I came back to Poser and now all works fine with a little help. No more pokes! :)

Thanks Quietrob! I have to updated it with some freebies I did.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
So, here's the thing. I've almost finished with the Poser version, I got rid of the pokes and fixed the weights.

SuperheroDawn_02_psr.jpg

However an issue is making me nuts. I can't save the material zones in the CR2 file. I did the materials zones with Poser's group tool. It works fine, even if I save this WIP as a PZ3 file. But when I save the suit as a CR2 file and I load it, the mess happens.

issue_01.jpg

issue_02.jpg

And then, Left and Right materials zones which I didn't create, show up.
I know Poser creates an obj file in the same folder when you save, for the first time, a cr2 file. I tried to put the obj in the Geometries folder and then editing the cr2 file in the notepad++, but nothing changed.
Below the correct material zones before to be saved as a CR2 file.

OK.jpg

I also tried to redo the material zones in Blender and save a new obj, but it didn't work either .
I made it with the boots but not with the suit. I don't know what is going on...
If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I will be very grateful.
Or I'll end up releasing only the DS version.
Thanks for any help!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sometimes the mess is in the CR2, and not the OBJ itself. Happened many time to me when editing MAT zones in Poser.

I suggest creating a new temporary CR2 from the OBJ, which will create the correct MAT zones, and then use a CR2 editor to replace the ones in your existing CR2. With D3D's Poser File Editor, that's just a copy and paste (or drag and drop) operation. Of course, this will only work if your existing OBJ is the same as the one you create the CR2 from. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was just going to ask Leo, do you still have the original OBJ file? I've often read where you should NOT use the OBJ file Poser creates. I would check the CR2 file to see which OBJ it's pointing to. If it's pointing to the one Poser saved in the same folder with the CR2, I would, as Ken suggested, use D3D's PFE to edit the path's to the OBJ you originally imported into Poser. That might fix that issue right up.

D

Deleted member 325

As Miss B suggested, try not overwriting the original OBJ with the one Poser created...try instead exporting an OBJ from the PZ3 that has the right MATs with appropriate boxes checked. Then after you save the CR2, delete the new OBJ it also creates in the library and edit the CR2 to point to the OBJ you exported instead. That Should hopefully fix it.

quietrob

Extraordinary
As a rookie, I'd like to see the cr2 in a text file so I can see what you're speaking about with regards to pointing to the OBJ.

Either way I'm pinging this thread for pure knowledge.