• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My avatar used to be a pic of my boat but I think the one I have now is more appropriate and says all that needs saying ;)
I've used that line as a quote on a couple sites. In fact, I printed out one with a different minion and put it on my door!

Come to think of it, since I put that up there, no one knocks on my door to bother me now...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very cute. Are we to assume, since it has a collar, you have that river otter as a pet? ;)

Zaarin

Brilliant
Very cute. Are we to assume, since it has a collar, you have that river otter as a pet? ;)
I wish. :p It's probably from a sanctuary.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Otters are fun to watch.

I am planning to add an avatar, but I would like to know what is the biggest dimensions allowed? It appears the forum software will auto-set it to the appropriate size which appears to be 96X96 pixels. When I click on Avatar in parameter settings it says to use at least a 200X200 pixel image. Is that the maximum, or can it be bigger?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know if a large size is allowed. I did mine 200x200, and that shows up on your profile page, or where you see it at the top right when you're on the forum. Here in the posts the forum resizes it down. I don't know if making it larger will help much if the forum isn't going to show it at anything but these 2 sizes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think mine might be smaller than that which is why I was saying I should do it larger. I didn't realise it needed to be 200x 200.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhh, OK. I didn't realize it either, but saw it written somewhere. Just don't ask me where, as I don't remember. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Otters are fun to watch.

I am planning to add an avatar, but I would like to know what is the biggest dimensions allowed? It appears the forum software will auto-set it to the appropriate size which appears to be 96X96 pixels. When I click on Avatar in parameter settings it says to use at least a 200X200 pixel image. Is that the maximum, or can it be bigger?

So this reminded me I wanted to redo my avatar. The one I'd been using was a character I was working on at the time (v4) I've benign meaning to make one that was more 'me' and also used Dawn. Mine is actually 650x650 so you can go higher. No idea how big though, and of course it'll get scaled down most of the time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The forum's scaling down of renders is why I don't like to make my renders too large. You lose details that way.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
I just stole mine from DAZ3D, but it is only 100X100. Couldn't find the original to use yet (which is bigger), but I think I might change or update it anyways. This might be temporary, or I might just keep using it since it is the only avatar I have ever used (except for the old ArtZone secondary avatar).

Gadget Girl:

Thank you for letting me know. That is what I was alluding to. I rather use a 650X650, and let the software down-sample opposed to me down-sampling. For some reason the forums software always seems to do a better job than what I would end up with at 200X200.

Well, there you go, Alisa (and everyone else), that's me, Ninja Kenny (composed of my Martial training, my name [though I hate Kenny, and go by Ken - only my immediate family has ever called me Kenny], and my favorite character on South Park, whom I have more in common with than just our name).

Those of you who know me from the DAZ3D forums should recognize it, and those who know me from Renderosity should know that I have never had one there (though, I should add one - eventually... maybe...).

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Nice, Ken!

And we don't know the answer about how big the avatar can be either - Lisa's gonna check :)