• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
He looks great!...perhaps too hairy for an Asian guy...but love it!!!:balloon03:
it ´s going to my favourite renders folder! ;D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Posted in the Dawn art but since Rodrigo is the STAR...

I had gone on a "Jane Austin" movie watching kick, just after watching the final season of Downton Abby,
and this is the result. I love the vast green grounds around the real Downton Abby, as well as
Lully's Darcy dress. This era of courtly gentlemen and ladies is so pretty as depicted in the stories...
even if they are more of a fantasy! Note: I did not mean for her to be gazing at his "tush"!
But after I was finished with this art piece, there it was...she had a mind of her own?!

In my scene, Monica is played by Dawn, Rodrigo is played by Dusk

HUGE original with all the credits and how I did this is here:
austinera

I can barely see this am...(dry eyes from my meds, will spend all day drinking water and be ok soon, hopefully).
I'll be back to comment and converse when my eyes recover.

I REALLY love this forum...so easy to post the pic/short cut to the gallery!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a great render Lyne. I love that outfit for Rodrigo. It's perfect for that era, as is Lully's Darcy Dress. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Lyne...and so cute that she's looking at his tush. I hope your eyes are better quickly.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Hahaha Looks like we all had Cowboys on our minds. I'm adding a little classic Americana to the thread with mine!
CowboyDuskNewsletterImage.png

I tweaked his head morph a little to get a little more of a cowboy look.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Quick test in Superfly... I would not normally use this hair on him; the color tones of the textures are just wrong for him. But it did well enough for a quick test render.

Some speckling - I only had the samples set to about 15 here. Materials still in progress which is why Dusk's skin seems to be slightly two different colors between the two figures...

My Poser lighting still sucks horridly.

@Glitterati3D - He pulls off the top of the kilt beautifully... had to break it out and test it on him.

Nataani Test 09.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the longer hair on him Seliah, especially on the beardless one (makes him look younger than other renders I've seen of him)

Miss B

CV-BEE
If Seliah pulls off the Poser mats Lyne, she'll probably have FireFly, as well as SuperFly, mats. If so, you can use FireFly mats in any Poser version, so you won't necessarily need P11.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
sniffle.... I am SO not upgrading to P11.
I wanted Natani.... :cry:

I will have Firefly mats as well, Lyne! No worries! He will be compatible with lower versions. :)

I had to upgrade in order to make his mats, as P10 was not functional for me. If I had not upgraded, there wouldn't have been ANY poser conversion.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the longer hair on him Seliah, especially on the beardless one (makes him look younger than other renders I've seen of him)

I like the overall style on him, yes. I just don't care for the way the textures look on him. They're too shiny for his skin. :) I normally would have made new textures for the hair that had a bit more of a coarse feel to them.

And yes, I agree about the appearance of his age. His age really does look different all dependent upon what he's wearing, what skin options are in use, and what hairs are in use on him. And sometimes even just the lighting can affect the appearance of his age.

I am sooooo glad you upgraded. ~very wide evil grin~ :D

LMAO. Don't I know it. :)

In all honesty though - truth be told - there isn't really much difference between the Firefly mats and the Superfly mats for Nataani. I'm not using SSS on him. I didn't use it even on the DS version. He just didn't seem to need it. Really, I've been using the same mats here for both Firefly and Superfly, and so far it doesn't seem to matter which engine he's rendered in.

I'll test him out on P10 if I can get P10 to bloody cooperate long enough. But I think in Nataani's case, I might not need to do separate Firefly and Superfly mats. From everything I'm seeing so far, he renders up about the same in both render engines...

The real test will be his dirty skins... those might need separate Superfly and Firefly materials, but I'll see about those when I get to them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good, you're making progress. I didn't think you would need SSS on his skin, and as far as Superfly and the dirty skins, I don't think that'll work. Of course, I could be wrong, so let us know how it goes.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And yes, I agree about the appearance of his age. His age really does look different all dependent upon what he's wearing, what skin options are in use, and what hairs are in use on him. And sometimes even just the lighting can affect the appearance of his age.
That's what makes him so versatile :)

I'm hoping I can be well enough to do more hours at work so I can afford him and Alaric.