• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
POC-fireball.jpg
Don't have horse, but here's idea: take solid glass, off gloss, IOR=1 or near, add fire in Emission. Add slight absorbtion in volume. Can make a thread in DS/Shaders with mat if you want.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
now why do I want to change that texture to Red and White? (with maybe some Green) and make some of those spots swirly :p
(I think the strips remind me of candy canes, gee Christmas is ages away isn't it? I love candy canes! or is it I'm so tired I need a sugar rush :D)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Like the top half of the texture FL...one suggestion though the fetlock stripes look a bit too precise and even? Feel free to ignore me...I know nothing about texturing horses.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay, what is LAMH?????? tell me Pleeeeease, because that wolf looks kickin'!!!!!!
"Look At My Hair" from Daz, they have a free plug in that you can use pre-made presets but you need the full version to create your own fur/hair. Its also available from Alessandro's website: Look At My Hair - Hair solution for DAZ Studio (its his Wolf 2 that I used, his Poser version uses a different system I believe)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice job GG! In the Superfly settings- set the Max Transparency bounces to 50- makes a BIG difference- all of the hair will look better/make proper shadows as well.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Looks good @Gadget Girl !! I love the grays, and what a beautiful background! Which reminds me I need to get the Ultra Textures 1 for Harry since they are on sale now!! ............ and maybe that draft horse and ...................... LOL

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Nice job GG! In the Superfly settings- set the Max Transparency bounces to 50- makes a BIG difference- all of the hair will look better/make proper shadows as well.

Thanks, I figured it had to be something in Superfly. Actually I was getting some odd shadows on some of the plants too which I hid with more plants so that would probably help.

Looks good @Gadget Girl !! I love the grays, and what a beautiful background! Which reminds me I need to get the Ultra Textures 1 for Harry since they are on sale now!! ............ and maybe that draft horse and ...................... LOL

Thanks. Yeah I got a bunch of Harry stuff I'd been wanting yesterday when I saw the sale. Until yesterday the draft horse was the only breed I have. Now I've got several.

By the way, the background is the Fairytale Collection for the Millennium Environment. Very pretty and quick and easy to use if you need a place to put a unicorn ;)