• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I have an interesting oldie find...those who have been in the 3D community a long time may remember all the Sixus 1 freebies, some of which seemed to disappear. Well, I found them. I knew they had a mummy for the H.I.M. model, as well as a space suit...they are on this page with a bunch of other stuff...this is page 2 of three pages of freebies. I needed the mummy for a Lazarus pose set I'm doing...I have a mummy, but I was looking for the freebie for folks who would need it, and I remember using it years ago. If you like oldies, this is a little blast from the past :)

Project Human: H.I.M.

H.I.M. Mummified

H.I.M. Tactical Space Suit

H.I.M. Egyptian

H.I.M. Shader

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah...I'm vertical again, after a really good nap...so I'll have to energy to tackle the lighting in this Lazarus picture...this stuff doesn't come easy for me, so I need a little patience with it :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi ladies, sorry I've been kinda quiet today. Been doing some testing, so haven't been checking in on the forum for a few hours.

As far as lighting goes Sky, no matter the software it was always the hardest thing for me to learn how to do right. It took me several years, and I STILL find renders I just can't light right no matter what I try, so I can empathize.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, Bob Ross would call this a happy accident, that the scene lit up this way, but it would've been nice if it had washed out Lazarus a little...he's seems so dark in contrast to his surroundings. Oh well, I may just have to go with this, it's acceptable for a pose set promo.

LAZARUS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Terre, you may find this interesting...how to make a rope halter for a horse...it would come in handy for anyone trying to model one. I was searching for a model of one...could've sworn I saw one when I was doing the western stuff, but it has slipped my mind. Someone has requested the Triumphant Entry...Jesus riding the donkey into Jerusalem...so this project will either be a triumphant, or a head banging challenge. Oh well, I never like to back down from a challenge...and I'm well rested...so here goes...haha. First I have to see if I can get the dynamic cloth to follow his legs straddling the donkey...if not, we'll have to try side saddle...paintings show both.

TRI-ENTRY1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky, did you check the donkey for the robe to collide against? Not sure how much better it would work if you hadn't selected it, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this latest render.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I double checked that first thing...I had checked universe as usual which included the donkey, and only excluded the hair which had been an issue before. I've adjusted the fold resistance, the stretch resistance, and the stretch damping several times...and I don't know what else to adjust at this point. It needs a setting like Crossdresser where you click skirt or pants, so it knows to divide the legs.