• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...basically it converts the object file into something that the dynamic control that comes with DS can use. So I can use all my settings on the advanced control and the material settings that you get with DS.

Here's one of Diva wearing the Nouvelle Aube skin...
Diva Nouvelle aube 6.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia Hey that's so cool that DS users can finally use dynamic cloth! Diva looks lovely in that pink dress- great job! ^____^=b

Here's a homage to those cheesy antic B-Movies from the 1950s and 60s. The fishbowl helmet is to protect her from William Shatner's kissing frenzy. The ray pistol is from an old commission job, but the bowl helmet is brand new - made it last night. ^^

Rendered in Poser with Firefly.

Retro_1024.jpg

Last edited:

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I love how you do your renders Ken...This is another brilliant example of that!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@sanbie Thank you! The hardest part was making a decent glass material in Poser. Metals are even more hopeless. LOL ;p

@Miss B I used to read Perry Rhodan (ancient German sci-fi book series) when I was a kid, and the cover illustration often used those fishbowl helmets that looked so cool and impractical. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia first one CUTE and second WOW ! (SO looking forward to Diva...any news on her progress getting into the store?)

Hi Lyne, it's getting closer to my being able to submit it to the store. I still have specular texture maps to do and then I have to set up the maps in DS and Poser. Then it's just a case of doing the promos and submitting it Hivewire. I have holidays starting at the end of this week and I'm hoping to get it done in the first week.

@Pendraia Hey that's so cool that DS users can finally use dynamic cloth! Diva looks lovely in that pink dress- great job! ^____^=b
thanks Ken...yes it's very cool being able to do dynamics in DS. I love your render for some reason it makes me think of the original Flash Gordon...

Kerya

Brilliant
I remember Perry Rhodan ... and the fishbowl helmets are quite practical (in my opinion) - you get a better field of view ...
Your render captures the style perfectly!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia Oh yes, Flash Gordon too! ^^
@frogimus Thank you! There was almost no women in Perry Rhodan, and all relationships were 100% platonic. ;p
@Kerya Thanks! If you think of it, the only thing holding a fishbowl helmet is your neck - that's what I think is impractical, not to mention a bit too fragile for a helmet. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Uhm - but it is fastened to the suit, isn't it? Like oldfashioned diver suits? Vintage Diving Suit Stock-Foto
And in the future they may have unbreakable glas?

Maybe. I think that makes it even more impractical, since the helmet is attached to your torso, instead of your head. If you try to nod, you will hit your head. It seems to constrain movements, but again, space suits are famous for doing just that anyway. ^^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
All looks great folks. Love that render Ken! Very fun. Pulp comic magazine sort of quality to it!