• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Carey

Extraordinary
Last night was the first time I got to spend time petting and currying the live wire horse in the material room, sort of taking it a part to know what was doing what to whom so to say and being I spend lot of time with birds it hit me that I ought to try and combine the two what great fun, used to have a horse that once tore my rear pocket off trying to get to an apple that I tried to hide from him there, ah but that is any story ...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, last one before I put him away and load Diva's rig.
Did some nostril morphs. Still need some work.
Akhel3452 copy.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Ok, last one before I put him away and load Diva's rig.
Did some nostril morphs. Still need some work.
View attachment 6073

What has always bothered me is that no one takes into account that on a horse, their lips are also their hands. They can actually shape their lips into a sort of two finger hand and really are capable of carrying out a number of different functions and shapes same as the human hand. In fact the whole lower face of a horse has a vast number of shapes forms and functions. Yes I realize some likes this would most likely require a super computer to even come close to emulating, but couldn't there be like a face room for horses.
See the part that always bothers me with 3D horses is they have no lips..Yes there is a slit there and if you open it it can look like a sort of lip, I think it is time to demand our horses no longer have cow noses....

I mean who wants to stand up and join with me..let's picket and join with me demanding, " NO MORE COW NOSES, NO MORE COW NOSES"....lol

Plus horses have long hairs on their noses if people sawl h0rses in their real natural state they have a lot of long hair on their faces and we stupid humans shave them off because they don't like hairy horse faces, actually these hairs serve a very important function and are an important to the horses sensory system and by shaving it off so it feels nice up against our own face we are actually "crippling" the horse to some extent.

No you won't read any of this in any of your fancy college "edumacation" books and those of us that really know are a dying breed. I never once broke a horse by jumping on its back and playing all that bucking bronco crap. two three kicks is the most I have ever had happen...

Sorry, pardon me while I put away my soap box, I get carried away sometimes..I just know things , I mean I talk to more then just chickens....lol

Carey

Extraordinary
Thanks ever so much for looking in , I was playing with the idea of perspective to make a really wild scene full of energy.... Tried to make this a mud fight with mud flying every where as they fought in shallow water, but my video card reminded me that there is a limit to how wild and crazy I can get...for now any way. I had pixels and reflections flying every where and my video card started blinking Morse code for help. I was tempted to just let it go down in flames and do some satanic chants in the effort to get that mind blowing render done but I chickened out....lol

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
What has always bothered me is that no one takes into account that on a horse, their lips are also their hands. They can actually shape their lips into a sort of two finger hand and really are capable of carrying out a number of different functions and shapes same as the human hand. In fact the whole lower face of a horse has a vast number of shapes forms and functions. Yes I realize some likes this would most likely require a super computer to even come close to emulating, but couldn't there be like a face room for horses.
See the part that always bothers me with 3D horses is they have no lips..Yes there is a slit there and if you open it it can look like a sort of lip, I think it is time to demand our horses no longer have cow noses....

I mean who wants to stand up and join with me..let's picket and join with me demanding, " NO MORE COW NOSES, NO MORE COW NOSES"....lol

Plus horses have long hairs on their noses if people sawl h0rses in their real natural state they have a lot of long hair on their faces and we stupid humans shave them off because they don't like hairy horse faces, actually these hairs serve a very important function and are an important to the horses sensory system and by shaving it off so it feels nice up against our own face we are actually "crippling" the horse to some extent.

No you won't read any of this in any of your fancy college "edumacation" books and those of us that really know are a dying breed. I never once broke a horse by jumping on its back and playing all that bucking bronco crap. two three kicks is the most I have ever had happen...

Sorry, pardon me while I put away my soap box, I get carried away sometimes..I just know things , I mean I talk to more then just chickens....lol

While Harry's lips could do even more with work, we added a lot more mouth features than any other 3d horse has- maybe check this out:) I sent Chris LOTS of pix of my very goofy/expressive Morgan gelding's face to work from:)

CWRW Expressions for the HiveWire Horse - A CWRW and CG Cubed 3D Creation

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful work everyone! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity and conversations here! :)

Carey

Extraordinary
While Harry's lips could do even more with work, we added a lot more mouth features than any other 3d horse has- maybe check this out:) I sent Chris LOTS of pix of my very goofy/expressive Morgan gelding's face to work from:)

CWRW Expressions for the HiveWire Horse - A CWRW and CG Cubed 3D Creation

lol Truth be told I have been very impressed with the hivewire horse since purchasing it. Yes, I definitely need to invest more hard cash in the hive wire horse and very much plan to do so... I hope no one took me too serious with my tongue in cheek statements. I in no way meant any sharp criticisms when the hive wire horse has brought so much rendering and posing pleasure to my work. The hive wire horse represents a major step forward and I want to make sure everyone to know I realize this and appreciate the effort that has gone into it!