• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nice job Rae!! I love the second one it reminds me of a painting by George Stubbs!!

Now you see what I'm talking about with the eye morph! I might suggest selecting the eyeball and reducing just a tad. Too much and it looks hollow and sunk in.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and NP.

NP, I didn't really try as I wouldn't know where to start :D I think I did make it slightly smaller but I don't know how to change the shape.
Besides the eye and muscles, I think the neck needs to be slimmer underneath (the dressage AT's don't seam to have the scrawny necks anyway as they are trained to use their bodies better, hate the scrawnies :p)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
hmm I can load mine up and see what did for the neck setting I went in and changed up quite a few dials to get it thinner and fiddled a lot with the X Z axis if you want to fiddle with it.

Just loaded him and I checked all the neck portions settings and I have the x axis at 87% and Z axis at about 83%
Akhel copy.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha I was just waiting for mine to finish rendering :).

I started over using the Friesian as the base (it has a nice long back that ATs have)
I think I did much better this time. (I also made a Sooty Bay texture from the Friesian and default textures). Except for the position of the legs it pretty much the same when I put mine over the original, so happy with that.
Still can't get the eye correct, made smaller and reduced the orbital ridge, don't think I can do much more than that. I don't know how to reduce the lump in the jaw (underneath between the chin and cheek), I guess I can always do that in postwork.
ORIGINAL: AT original.jpg (thumbnail can be clicked to view larger)

Mine (I used the same background so it would be easier to compare, just blured it more):
At.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awesome Rae!! I used the Thoroughbred I morphed as a base for mine. Try making his face longer on the bottom jaw line. That should help with the bump there, but you may have to do it in sections IE the top skull/jaw and then the bottom one. If that doesn't work fiddle with the Y along the bottom jaw.

Still Awesome!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone :)

I think once we have the TB it might be easier to get the AT as they are very similar (that's if the TB is in race condition, which I hope it is as it would give us a more diverse shape because Harry is not far off the TB/WB build anyway) its just the eye I think would need to be done in a modeling program and that's WAY beyond me :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The first one (thumbnail) is a photo, are you sure you're not looking at that Chris? :D hehehe just kidding.

Just curious, any hint on what kind of Thoroughbred you have in the long line of stuff you've got going?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I modeled the Thoroughbred morph when I created the other breeds 2 years ago. I don't recall what I used for reference. Will have to do some digging.

Ken Gilliland has created the tack for it back then too. Laurie has to finish up her maps, and Paul would have to set it up and package it up. Laurie's list of projects is growing too. We're stacking things up for her.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
1st weekend in May ....Kentucky Derby?!!? Mid May Preakness Stakes............ 1st Weekend In June Belmont Stakes? That's the triple crown season.

Do you think you could get it done by November? If so, you could do a whole theme with the tack and pixel downs to go with the Breeder's Cup in November? Just a thought !

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I would think that after Laurie maps the big cat, loin cloth for Dusk, Pegasus, and finishes up Thistle, that perhaps she'd find time to finish her TB maps. But I'm stepping in her territory now so...

Paul has several projects in front of the TB right now also. Some major ones too.

But November should be no problem, I would think it would be much earlier then that.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
November is def doable for the TB and all his "goodies". I would guess we could all get to it sooner than that but not in time for the Triple Crown though. Probably sometime this summer or early fall would be my guess. As Chris says, HW is stacking me up right now:)