• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I added a few more albums to my photo art galleries and here's a fun bird (puzzle) photo...

How many White-tailed Ptarmigans can you find in this picture?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well Ken, I usually like this type of render puzzle, but I haven't a clue what a Ptarmigan looks like, so this may take a while, as I'm going to have to look them up. :)

Edited to Add: OK, found some examples at Wikipedia. Now I'll try and suss them out in your render. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, now that I have a general idea of what they look like, I spotted 2 of them top center of the image, but anything else would be an absolute guess on my part, because they're too small, or too far away to be sure.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I was exceptionally lucky to see the Ptarmigan, let alone photograph them, according to the park ranger (Mt. Rainier National Park). The white-tailed Ptarmigan are very shy, only reside at high elevations (usually 10,000') and are (as you can see for the photo) very well camouflaged.

Miss B

CV-BEE
31????????????

I found, I think maybe 3 more, but 31????? ~sheesh~ They really are well camouflaged.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
There are 3 though, the third one is really hard to see-- partially because he's looking straight at you and less in focus. Follow the right Ptarmigan upward to the horizon to the rock with a beak that staring directly at you.

Here's another Asian bird-- the Eurasian Spoonbills. Spoonbills develop an orange breast patch and long crest off the back of the head during breeding season. The setting is Nerd3D's swamp (available here at Hivewire) with my Duck Pond water material added in place of the default water texture.
eurasian spoonbils.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Ken Gilliland .... naw.... only 2... unless.... which "right"? when I look at the screen, I always think of right as ---> not the bird's right! LOL!! but you will have to circle it, I'm thinking! ;)

Wonderful spoonbills!

@Flint_Hawk well I can't see babies, but still good screen capture! :)