• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Wow! If I bought Songbird at Daz will I be able to get the update or will it be part of the new product? Sorry I'm brain dead and it's making me confused...

The DAZ Songbird isn't one of my products. Anything with "Songbird ReMix" is...

As far as updates on the cr2 bases, I haven't decided on the best route for an update (I don't really want to have Hivewire spending time updating every one of my sets. I'm more inclined to post the updates on my website downloads and maybe links here.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm happy to download updates from your website, Ken.

okay...
Fair warning though... my website is undergoing a huge renovation... I've avoided doing anything for years to it because of the amount of work involved. My website was "state of the art" 10 years ago but I've haven't kept up with the html and css code advances. After completing the Kiwi projects I decided it was time. The majority of the website is back up (now in Bootstrap format which allow better access from hand-held devices and the current browsers). There are some nice changes... I've combined my product store with the downloads section so now the manual, any promo movies, downloads and a link to the Hivewire store product page are all in one spot.

The Songbird ReMix portal is www.songbirdremix.com and store/download section is here. Feel free to explore... but remember there's still lot of pages "under construction" and many are plain vanilla (still needing some styling to them).

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah. I know how that works. My site was built in GoLive. GoLive got its plug pulled around 2005. Most of the code my old copy generated was seriously depreciated and getting really untrustworthy. I had no idea what different browsers were showing before I finally bit the bullet and took a Dreamweaver class and brought it sort of up to date.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
It's looking good, Ken. Like that you have a mobile view now...not so hard for my wee phone to navigate. It'll be all good once it's finished and there's no screaming hurry for me anyway.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ah. I know how that works. My site was built in GoLive. GoLive got its plug pulled around 2005. Most of the code my old copy generated was seriously depreciated and getting really untrustworthy. I had no idea what different browsers were showing before I finally bit the bullet and took a Dreamweaver class and brought it sort of up to date.

I've been using a really nice Bootstrap Editor called "Pinegrow Web Editor". It's fairly easy to use and only took me a week before I really started to do useful things in it.

It's looking good, Ken. Like that you have a mobile view now...not so hard for my wee phone to navigate. It'll be all good once it's finished and there's no screaming hurry for me anyway.

It's good to know someone is accessing my site via a hand-held device-- I wasn't sure... so it's good to know my work isn't in vain. lol
The reason I even wondered is because 3D art is sort of a big-screen activity, but allowing more access to my store and environmental information has to be a good thing, so that's why I did it. :)

My work days for the last few weeks have been 50/50 (Songbird ReMix Asia in the morning, website in the afternoon or vice-versa). Tomorrow, I should have the first Cr2 conversion done (WF1). This will act as a template for the other Cr2s since many of the earlier SBRM Cr2 are similar. I'm anxious to get through the rest of the Asian Shorebirds, mainly so I can get to some of the showstoppers (imo) like the Asian Emerald Cuckoo, the Trogons and the Kingfisher.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't check the whole site Ken, but it looks promising. I haven't gotten into trying Bootstrap yet, though a lot of designers/developers I know use it.

I've spent most of my time the past 10-11 years using WordPress, and like it. Thanks for the link to Pinegrow, I'm going to check it out. Maybe I'll even get into Bootstrap in the near future. ;) You never know.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I had a blog on Wordpress but I've abandoned it as Wordpress eats data like it's never had a feed before! My gosh it's a shocker. Rendo is as bad. But the worst thing about Wordpress is I often don't know it's a Wordpress site until I get the 'you have 20mb of data remaining' message! Then I scream very loudly, throw the phone to the end of the bed, and face being unable to use the net till payday. I hate Wordpress with the passion of a thousand fires!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The DAZ Songbird isn't one of my products. Anything with "Songbird ReMix" is...

As far as updates on the cr2 bases, I haven't decided on the best route for an update (I don't really want to have Hivewire spending time updating every one of my sets. I'm more inclined to post the updates on my website downloads and maybe links here.
That was the one I meant...remix. I did say I was confused didn't I? Thanks for the info...

Szark

Awesome
I am the same Pen and I do have a high number of prizes that will need updating too that are neither here or at DAZ3D.

Sounds awesome Ken. Nice cover too

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OOHH Ken! I took a quick look, and it's SO EASY to find specific downloads now... VERY NICE new look/interface!! Thank you!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
OOHH Ken! I took a quick look, and it's SO EASY to find specific downloads now... VERY NICE new look/interface!! Thank you!

I am the same Pen and I do have a high number of prizes that will need updating too that are neither here or at DAZ3D.

Sounds awesome Ken. Nice cover too

Anyone who has won prizes from me (in which I supplied them), send my list as you would with my verification process. and I'll get them updated.

For those wondering about my annual bird contest, it's not happening year... I simply couldn't afford to run it without sponsors. Maybe, next year I'll revive it.

Szark

Awesome
well that put a downer in the thread Ken. LOL Sorry to hear that. The annual contest was my 3D highlight of the year. But that's life.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I agree your site is looking really good Ken!

Sorry to hear about your not having the bird contest this year though.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Some good news... after a long talk with Chris and Lisa, we've decided to hold the 10th Annual "Open Rendering Season Contest" after all. This year, and probably for the future, the contest will open directly after my Audubon's Birthday event (in early May) and results given in early July