• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
you can thank FlintHawk since she requested it ;) , but I've decided to also include the three plant species I did as standalone props as well...

Promo6.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, so it's the Kidney Fern we were talking about, and not the Shield Fern. I just assumed by the name the round one was the "shield". ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
WOW!! I tried once to get poser things into Carrera... did not work well at all for me, but those are beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
WOW!! I tried once to get poser things into Carrera... did not work well at all for me, but those are beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Carrara has two issues to overcome, but once done you can get some great results.... you have to retune the materials to Carrara settings and in some of the Songbird ReMix models, Carrara doesn't correctly do partial scaling (e.g. longer shins, thighs (yScaled)). The easiest way to correct that is to cheat a little on the species shape to return the scaling to 100%. This has been a long standing bug in Carrara but I haven't check in the past few years-- maybe it was fixed when they corrected scaling in DAZ Studio (which was also a long-standing bug from it's inception until v4.0).

The Kiwi Burrow has been submitted to HW QAV so your kiwis shouldn't be without a home much longer. The "Burrow", after some hemming and hawing, will appear under my "Nature's Wonders" line instead of "Songbird ReMix" This is because it has some stand-alone plants included. "Nature's Wonders" will house all my flora and non-bird fauna from now on. Items like "Hummingbird Garden", "Water Lily Garden" and "O'hia Lehua" are now part of my personal "Nature's Wonders" runtime and may eventually get rebranded for the store as "Nature's Wonders" in instead of "Songbird ReMix". I think items like "Perching Places" and "Art Treasures from the Bower Bird Collection" will stay "Songbird ReMix".

Next projects: While I made planned to restart Songbird Asia next week, it's going to be postponed a week in order from me to "tidy up" the release version of the Harry Wings since both Poser and DAZ Studio versions (and Songbird ReMix Technology) have changed since I initially created them (before Harry's release). Laurie, whose been swamped since then, has started working on the textures.... and they are looking fantastic btw

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Can't wait to see them Ken. Laurie does such wonderful texture work. ;)

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I could not wait, used the Mil Horse wings on an art piece of mine... but SO interested in NEW and matching ones for Harry!! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh good. I was hoping that the Kiwi burrow would hit the store before the intro sale for the Kiwis ends. Sounds like it may be close, but possible.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh good. I was hoping that the Kiwi burrow would hit the store before the intro sale for the Kiwis ends. Sounds like it may be close, but possible.

It should be out soon. I ran into a snag on how it was rendering in 3D-delight (I tuned it specifically for iRay). I think I found a happy medium for both this morning, so now QAV can now finish up and move it to the store.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hot damn, and there the burrow is! And I got it straight away, no waiting this time! Woohoo! Play time!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
On my way to pick it up.... and I noticed your different way of saying your "credit" (or the store's way)... I like this better than "songbird remix"... you are SO FAR BEYOND "just" songbird remix, Ken.... These birds and all are SO much better than the little model that started it all... :)

I'm going to copy that 'name' for my credit listings from now on. :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
On my way to pick it up.... and I noticed your different way of saying your "credit" (or the store's way)... I like this better than "songbird remix"... you are SO FAR BEYOND "just" songbird remix, Ken.... These birds and all are SO much better than the little model that started it all... :)

I'm going to copy that 'name' for my credit listings from now on. :)

Thanks... I've always gone under my real name, but when moving to Hivewire3D, I added "Songbird ReMix" to my credits, simply to help customers who know me for my birds rather than me. The "Nature's Wonders" line was created to house my non-bird items in, like the New Zealand plants and my moths. I'll eventually be adding other flora and fauna to that line.

Songbird ReMix birds have come a long way since 2003. I've reworked that poor model twice trying to get more out of it while preserving it's compatibility with the massive library it supports. I've been considering a third reworking but with my Asian bird project looming, I'm probably going to put that off for now.