• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Dawn 2 Render Thread

Rhia474

Enthusiast
dawn2test.jpg

Offering for today; Dawn2 with Cycles skin shaders, wearing V4's dynamic clothes from the amazing Tipol, hair is donated by La Femme, HDRI background with one area light. Rendered in Poser 13 Superfly

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes the textures are little too bright to be used in PhysicalSurface if you get too wet look , change the "Specular" setting to 0.36 that is the proper value for skin . After that play with the bump /normal values
Thank you for that I will give that a try.

Hornet3d

Wise
When changing figures one of the big questions for me is why do it? There is always a long time needed to get to know the figure and adapt clothing or extra expense in buying items. For Dawn two, the answers, for me are, emotions are going to be easier to set up and much more realistic and secondly, the same is going to be true for poses.

If, like me, you have no skills working with the new figure is a question of a lot of trial and error but seems it is working for me.

Dawn 2 - Lakeside HW.jpg

This uses Simple Elegance for Dawn 2 by Sunfire which must be the easiest way into dynamic clothing I have come across, chose the dress style and click the simulation button, all in the prop library and watch the magic happen.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
When changing figures one of the big questions for me is why do it? There is always a long time needed to get to know the figure and adapt clothing or extra expense in buying items. For Dawn two, the answers, for me are, emotions are going to be easier to set up and much more realistic and secondly, the same is going to be true for poses.

If, like me, you have no skills working with the new figure is a question of a lot of trial and error but seems it is working for me.

View attachment 79359

This uses Simple Elegance for Dawn 2 by Sunfire which must be the easiest way into dynamic clothing I have come across, chose the dress style and click the simulation button, all in the prop library and watch the magic happen.
You see you did not changed just a figure , you changed a Base Figure that will allow you in the near future to use great characters with . The changes was nesesery to move forward with new stuff to make it better . But I am sure you going to find it out very soon . You doing good as usual , have fun !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What is the blond hair used in your promo?
Thanks. Love the new D2.
View attachment 79360
Forgot the name , it was old transmapped hair for Genesis 8 , the Creator hair fits always so nice manually , I use it as a prop in both DS and Poser .. I will let you know the name tomorrow when I am on the PC

Hornet3d

Wise
You see you did not changed just a figure , you changed a Base Figure that will allow you in the near future to use great characters with . The changes was nesesery to move forward with new stuff to make it better . But I am sure you going to find it out very soon . You doing good as usual , have fun !

I understand what you are saying and I guess I should have explained myself a little better. What I am doing at present is seeing what Dawn 2 gives me in relation to DawnSE from the box and getting to know the base figure. When I made the change from V4 being my base figure of choice to DawnSE it must have taken eighteen moths to two years before I was as comfortable with DawnSE as I had been with V4. All I am doing at the moment is starting that process with Dawn 2.

Dawn 2 is a very different figure, even more so I think for Posers users, like me, than DS users because there was no 'Genesis step' so there may be more to learn. There are other changes as well the, for example, the Simple Elegance for Dawn 2 by Sunfire has the ability to run the simulation without stepping into the Cloth Room. No doubt is still uses the Cloth Room but that fact is not seen by the users. It is the first time I have seen this and is a nice to have feature for me but I think it might be a real gamechanger for many that have avoided dynamic clothing until now.

Hello and good morning!
This is my first post on this forum and I already have a question

I have just purchased the new Dawn 2 figure. I love her physique, but have problems with changing her skin. So far, I still work mainly with V4 figures. When I wanted to change the skin to, for example, add tatoos, I just loaded the skin-jpg in Photoshop, changed it there and copied it as new skin in the appropriate Runtime folder. When I do this with Dawn 2 and select the modified skin in "Materials", the skin doesn't change in neither preview or render.
Can you please tell me what I have to do to get a custom.made skin for Dawn 2?

Thank you,
Gabriela

Hornet3d

Wise
Hello and good morning!

I have just purchased the new Dawn 2 figure. I love her physique, but have problems with changing her skin. So far, I still work mainly with V4 figures. When I wanted to change the skin to, for example, add tatoos, I just loaded the skin-jpg in Photoshop, changed it there and copied it as new skin in the appropriate Runtime folder. When I do this with Dawn 2 and select the modified skin in "Materials", the skin doesn't change in neither preview or render.

Thank you,
Gabriela

Hello Gabriela welcome to the forum.

It is a long while since I used V4 so it is hard for me to comment on the procedure you have described, instead I can outline what I would do to add a tattoo to Dawn 2.

Assuming I want to add a tattoo to the body I would select the body image map in materials marked 3C_Body (Object Dawn 2 Material 3C_Body) and click on the diffuse map and then the image source which in this case is Dawn2_TorsoColorC.jpg. That is the map I would select for Photoshop, or in my case PaintShopPro. and do the changes to that map. I do not want to loose the original map so I would save the modified map to something like Dawn2_TorsoColorC_Tattoo.jpg. Back in the Poser I would now click the browse button on the diffuse map and select the new image as my diffuse.

If you want the tattoo to be somewhere else on the body you can use the same procedure but you will have to select the appropriate material such as Arms, Face, Legs and so on.

I will stress this is how I would do it and it has always worked for me, there may be better and more efficient ways to achieve the same aim and, knowing what a helpful bunch of people that post here are, I am sure they will put me straight.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hello and good morning!

Thank you,
Gabriela
Hi Gabriela welcome in the forum , please post your questions in the future regarding Dawn 2 and all issues in this thread : Questions/Issues with Dawn 2? Ask them here - all welcome to help!

Dawn 2 render thread is reserved only for renders .

Thank you in advance!
Cath

I am sorry Cath, I didn't knew this... as this was my first visit on the forum.

Just to reply to Hornet3d, let me answer here one time...
Thanks for your answer, this is basically just the same like I did it... it doesn't work this way, but your comment gave me another idea, which actually worked: I modified the Dawn2_TorsoColorC.jpg-image in Photoshop and saved the modified file under exactly that name in Runtime. I kept the original by renaming it *_old* to keep it. Now it works... the modified skin is shown.

Gabriela

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am sorry Cath, I didn't knew this... as this was my first visit on the forum
No problem ! Just letting you know , I hope you don't mind.. hopefully your issues get fixed because I never experienced that .