• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Dawn 2 Render Thread

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Dawn2RendedThread_2024.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
This was one of the only promo's that I thought was more in line with posting here from my now live, in store pose packs for her. Yea, there is some Photoshop magic going on as I had to blend a background photo with the render and then add in some flooring, it was allot of work but it was worth the end result. The clothing was very basic as I had virtually no clothing besides the included swim suit for her and well in a setting like this or the other basic promos I just didn't think that was appropriate. So the top is from a Dawn 1 set, the shorts are from my Dawn 1 Training Gear set and the slippers I never released but they were just an obj that I rigged and gave similar textures to to match the outfits homemade textures. The render did include the chair and the tall vases with the plants.....

Dawn 2 Poses Promo-1600X1600-ART.jpg

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
This was one of the only promo's that I thought was more in line with posting here from my now live, in store pose packs for her. Yea, there is some Photoshop magic going on as I had to blend a background photo with the render and then add in some flooring, it was allot of work but it was worth the end result. The clothing was very basic as I had virtually no clothing besides the included swim suit for her and well in a setting like this or the other basic promos I just didn't think that was appropriate. So the top is from a Dawn 1 set, the shorts are from my Dawn 1 Training Gear set and the slippers I never released but they were just an obj that I rigged and gave similar textures to to match the outfits homemade textures. The render did include the chair and the tall vases with the plants.....

View attachment 79252
Very demure , Richard !

Hornet3d

Wise
We all know that Dawn 2 has been along time coming but during the wait I never really thought about the impact it would have on me when it did arrive. She is very clearly a very different beast than the previous Dawns, which is clear when you look at the figure and see the power that is included. For me though, the trouble that power is little use if it cannot be controlled and I am very lacking in that skill set, then along comes RIG Control for Dawn 2 by Ken 1171 designs. For me this is a must have if I am going to use Dawn 2 to any extent and, as I have a vast selection of Ken's scripts, I know it will do exactly what it says it will.

All well and good but this has had an impact on my playtime as I had been slowly drawing away from Poser, so much so I had decided to let my Prime membership at Rendo lapse as my purchases there were well down on previous years. This morning my shopping cart included the Rig control script and the renewal of my Prime membership, which will cost so I am going to have to turn to eBay to fun this, so another hobby is going to have to give. No real problem because between Dawn 2 and eBay it does not look as though I will have time for all my hobbies.

There is some good news too, my Ali hairstyles seem to work with Dawn 2 and even V4 poses seem to work with very little change (which should be a doddle with the RiG control anyway). That means my vast collection of Poses from santuziy78 are still of use.

Just some of my ramblings but I am a little surprised to be blown of course by something I have been expecting for a while.