• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
About a third of what I posted here with Dawn was using things converted from V4. Nothing is lost, just transformed. LOL

unreal

Noteworthy
About a third of what I posted here with Dawn was using things converted from V4. Nothing is lost, just transformed. LOL
I've tried to generalise a process for it in the hopes of some degree of automation, but it's stumped me. Of course, if such a thing could be done, it *would* have been done by better minds than mine :D

It seems to me that there's just too much "meta" information about the clothing that's required to know how to even approach the "port". Stuff like "in reality, what would the fabric be." "How is it supposed to fit on and move about the figure."

Once Dawn 2 is released, I'd like to offer my services to past vendors (those no longer active, but that have created wonderful things in the past) to port their stuff to the new figure and if the quality is good enough (to them) to give them the port (for free) to sell (if they would like) for the new figure. Essentially, if I'm porting something for myself and it's of sufficient quality then contact the vendor and see if they would like it.

I wonder if that would be helpful...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Lyrra has released a magnets set to convert V4 contents to Dawn. She has done this for many other figures, if I remember this right. My "Mags Manager" script is fully compatible with it, and can help on the reshaping process.

unreal

Noteworthy
I actually rigged the ported tutu, this time. Thought I could just copy the rig via python and adjust between the skeletons but Poser Python seems to come up short here. There's also something I'm not understanding because the rig comes up rotated 90 degrees. So I did it the manual way. But learned a lot doing that, so it's not a waste ^.^

Untitled.jpg

So much to learn O.O

unreal

Noteworthy
Not sure it's worth posting the update but the previous image I rendered with the wrong suit. The correct one has welded geometry which makes bending more correct. You can see in the straps. Her right side bends into her shoulder. Oops :p

The correct render doesn't have the error. This is one of those source OBJs where the mesh was split before Poser. Which makes sculpting problematic. It also makes the morph brush problematic. And it's useful to handle the tutu being pushed by her arms.

I welded in Blender, based on vert distance. Which can be problematic except I limited to selecting non-manifold edges and welding those. That (more or less) selects the split edges. But where the split crosses the piping had to be hand tweaked. The cylinder segments would sometimes weld. Pretty sure everyone's hit that one before :D

Non-manifold select helps with that. get's you 99% of the way there ^.^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One way to handle split geometry is to export with weld, group it outside Poser (Blender?), and then use the split version from Poser to project the weights back into it. There might be some oddball verts that needs smoothing, but it saves you from having to rig it all over again from scratch. Most cases where we end up with split geometry is from either using a 3D modelling that doesn't support unimesh (most of them), or using OBJs auto-grouped by Poser. Once unimesh Poser is out, we won't have to worry about that anymore. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Happy Year of the Rabbit! It's bunny year now. :D

Outfit is my Classic Bunny Suit for Dawn, body morph is my Body Type-8 for Dawn, and face is my custom morph. The whip and background modeled in 3DSMAX. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. Hope you like it and thanks for coming by!

YearOfTheBunny.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Careful in your "play". Those are sharp textures :) You could cut yourself.

Thanks for the comment, I was looking for a portrait to place in a 12 x 15 inch frame, so as an experiment I rendered at the full 12 X 15 at 600 dpi, hence the increased detail sharpness.