• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The main changes that I took. It's back to a unified figure for male and female.
And that is very good , having stylized just one body type do not helping with creating unique morphs , there are also lots of other creatures and humanoids to be build up on the base . Flatter androgynous type base is the way to go , that was also the reason Chris smoothed out Dawn2 base for the same reason and created plenty of great morphs to bust the body to the specific body types . This way in place of one over stylized figure, you can create many unique types .
You remember in my thread how many unique characters I morphed from it .. very versatile mesh base and topology .

Time to move forward and leave sentiments behind , new Dawn2 is a base figure and not a one ride pony character anymore after all . The canvas for your creations. And it going to be great and very versatile .
For the same reason it would be expected from the CA and Vendors to create own unique characters based on it , wardrobe that works with all the base morphs and not just simple stuff for main base only as I mentioned before the base is simplified for a reason and not playing a role of main character as it was in the past but a foundation for it , if you know what I mean .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Not to talk about Genesis again but perhaps it would be a good idea to do a video intro about Dawn 2.0 similar to the livestream event that I'm currently watching for G9. It's showing all the ins and outs of the new figure (and it is new, not a shape, it's basically Genesis 1 (so can be a male or female) but with allot of improvements that the content makers approve of, so going forward DAZ will have just one base figure). Anyway, think the idea is a good idea and Cath, I've always enjoyed listening to your voice on your vids so maybe you can make that happen?
Yes Richard , we going to make it , explaining everything what it is about this time as many things changed underway , and also a livestream introduction and the possibilities of the new base figure and everything what it has to offer .

And yes let's please stay on topic everyone , it is about Dawn2 after all , and not need to overshadowing it too much with other stuff for the respect of Chris' thread .

There is enough space in this world for Dawn2, Genesis9 , Metahumans or whatever else is out there that helps the artist to express their imagination in their art . What is better or not is up to the individual users and their needs after all .

Just give us a little more time to finalize everything what we planned to do , it is not going to disappoint you for sure .

:grouphug:

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
And that is very good , having stylized just one body type do not helping with creating unique morphs , there are also lots of other creatures and humanoids to be build up on the base . Flatter androgynous type base is the way to go , that was also the reason Chris smoothed out Dawn2 base for the same reason and created plenty of great morphs to bust the body to the specific body types . This way in place of one over stylized figure, you can create many unique types .
You remember in my thread how many unique characters I morphed from it .. very versatile mesh base and topology .
Yes, I remember and agree with what you've said here.
Time to move forward and leave sentiments behind , new Dawn2 is a base figure and not a one ride pony character anymore after all . The canvas for your creations. And it going to be great and very versatile .
For the same reason it would be expected from the CA and Vendors to create own unique characters based on it , wardrobe that works with all the base morphs and not just simple stuff for main base only as I mentioned before the base is simplified for a reason and not playing a role of main character as it was in the past but a foundation for it , if you know what I mean .
I agree about wardrobes that work with the base morphs. I have a dforce dress ready for testing for the original Dawn and it has 4 custom morphs for it. I think with the new Dawn we will need to work out which morphs are considered necessary to do this for...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Pen , there was huge changes in rigging since then , but soon you should have the official CA copy to work with after the final setup . The hips , wrists, forearms, knees , feet, torso was changed , small cosmetic improvements but significant for the rigging , you will need to rig your clothing again , I am working now on the Autofit templates to make base rigging starts easier for the content creators and vendors .
I had a feeling that would happen so I haven't done a lot of work with it. I've been playing with a few freebies for the original Dawn and also building my skill level with things like creating templates and weightmapping.

I'm really glad to hear that there will be autofit templates to start with. This is so important if they want the DS version to take off when this is released.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I agree about wardrobes that work with the base morphs. I have a dforce dress ready for testing for the original Dawn and it has 4 custom morphs for it. I think with the new Dawn we will need to work out which morphs are considered necessary to do this for...
Well you can automatic use all base morphs in your dress, not need to make them manually when you use base templates , for sales on Rendo you need 4 full body morphs included at minimal with your product what is also automatic process in general .

When creating wearables, it is important to use the most base body morphs for DS/P for make it more versatile , or your product would be not much usable outside the environment of DS .
But of course it is up to the creator and the type of the wearable.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well you can automatic use all base morphs in your dress, not need to make them manually when you use base templates , for sales on Rendo you need 4 full body morphs included at minimal with your product what is also automatic process in general .
This is good to know. I have their guides for vendors waiting to be read. It's on my to do list.
Looking at some products at daz to give me a guide for what needs to be included in a quality product also.
When creating wearables, it is important to use the most base body morphs for DS/P for make it more versatile , or your product would be not much usable outside the environment of DS .
But of course it is up to the creator and the type of the wearable.
Yes, I was thinking about the full body morphs that come with Dawn as probably being the best to include as most would have those.

The dress I just recently did I did Diva, Willow, Alexis and one of Ken's body types, but thinking about it some more it really needs the basic shapes before any of those. At the moment I'm just playing around with freebies and trying to get a hang on dforce and all the settings.

unreal

Noteworthy
I always thought it was weird when Daz went with dual quat bending. I guess they were going for game dev consumption. As far as I know from the math, dual quats are faster to calculate. But they don't look as good. Didn't Poser go through a Game Dev phase? But they didn't add dual-quat bending. Didn't there used to be something like fusing meshes?

I always liked the steph figure. I prefer a "blanker canvas". My first task on the "opinionated" figures (when developing characters) is to detune the default (very much a character shape). Dawn, for instance, threw me off early as "always looking like Dawn". Time educates :)

Where does the Dawn name comes from?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Where does the Dawn name comes from?
The Synonyms of Dawn are : begining , new era, start , genesis , origination, sunrise , first light.
As it was the begining and a new start for Chris and the rest of the team .
Dusk is the opposite of Dawn , and Luna is a Latin word for the Moon ( also Italian and Spanish)
And now you will get also AVA character with the Dawn2 base , meaning: lively, full of life , for the day time ;)