• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I hope what ever internal issues are going on are resolved SOON. This is getting a little ridiculous! Middle of July now and no sign of her, no thread promoting her upcoming products or any other tease besides this thread. If it's a rigging issue I understand but if it's an issue with what's going on between you and renderosity or what have you please lets get the show on the road folks!
:yeahthat: Saying the quite part out loud.

As RAMWolff says; "If it's a rigging issue..." we all understand. But how about an update. What's going on?
(I know that I have ceased all work for Dawn 2.0)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope what ever internal issues are going on are resolved SOON. This is getting a little ridiculous! Middle of July now and no sign of her, no thread promoting her upcoming products or any other tease besides this thread. If it's a rigging issue I understand but if it's an issue with what's going on between you and renderosity or what have you please lets get the show on the road folks!
Everything in its own time. I'm sure they are working their hearts out on our beloved Dawn - (she says while tapping foot impatiently). Seriously take as much time as you need - make her with the perfection we expect from HiveWire.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hi Folks , there are no issues with anything .. there was some bugs early but already fixed.

Paul is working on morphs conversion now and most technical work is around Poser version already .

There is nothing to speculate about ..

Be patience! it will take as long as it is needed to be perfect .. there is no other way around ..

Hugs
Cath

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
THANK YOU Cath. Complete silence always will bring out the "inner story telling" for allot of us about what's going on! LOL :balloon03:
I know, sorry I did not got notifications from the forum or for the matter, anybody of us did .
Summer time , I was on my summer break to recharge and just returned back .
It is not that we working on it 24h at this moment but we going to be back on full power again.
Paul and Chris also busy with other important private tasks between so everything slowed down a little bit .

We should be done in no time as not much is left to do ..
Hugs
Cath

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Everything in its own time. I'm sure they are working their hearts out on our beloved Dawn - (she says while tapping foot impatiently). Seriously take as much time as you need - make her with the perfection we expect from HiveWire.
Thanks Janet for understanding , some things can't be rushed , and right now what is left are technical stuff behind the scene , so nothing even to show off .. the most boring time of the whole process and as creator yourself I am sure you know what I am talking about .

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
My overly active imagination was going in a thousand directions and it's annoying to me at times but it's how I'm wired. As I tell clients when they are late and elderly "I was wondering if you were in a car crash and in the hospital" "Please text me next time" sort of scenario. So waiting on Dawn 2.0 started all the weird and sometimes negative story telling in my mind! Glad things are back to going full blast!

unreal

Noteworthy
Well, I've just come back from the future. Dawn 2 was a great figure in her day. But Dawn 27... something special. She's a fully realized bio-synthetic ani-mophing AI driven life form. An IQ driven by a massive parallel g-plex qbit with hyper-optical meshing *at* the qbit level. l know, right???? The most recent Chris clone (goes by the handle of "Kris-this") released Dawn 27 on Mica 32, 2714 (The calendar in the part of the galaxy to which Hivewire eventually moved uses a base 2 calendar and they had a team of earlier Dusk and Dawns (the 23-25 series) "jigger" the planetary system to match their base 2 calendar. You should see the sunrise and sunsets!) The new tech allows Dawn to look like literally *anything* the artists can imagine. Just by thinking about it. Rendo finally released lucky Poser 13 earlier that year (long wait on that one) but with the "make art" button we've whined about for years. It really shows off Dawn's flexibility. The base sculpting Kris put into her is so amazing it literally blinds a person unless they're wearing triple lead shielded goggles. And even then, you can only glance at her in passing. Anything more than a split second melts your brain causing the head to explode followed by the entire body vaporizing in a rainbow of glitter. Needless to say, her unveiling was colourful and messy. 42 star systems exploded and a nearby galaxy collapsed into a black hole. Kris was a little disappointed in her reception. He was hoping for an even 50. Maybe for Dawn 28. He speculated that perhaps having a pair of clones working simultaneously could pull it off.

Unfortunately, you can't move bio-synths backwards in time. Only forwards. So I still have to wait for Dawn 2. I probably should have looked up the actual D2 release date and just gone back to that time. But now I can't. The Delorean is in the shop getting its 20,000 light year check up.