• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Victoria 9 in mid to late October; so, perhaps we can wait until November or later for Dawn.
Probably , not early than the end of November but not too late either , I will have more info next weekend , not much left to do btw . I mean a lot but less time consuming .. very excited about.

Victoria 9 is a character , not stand alone figure ..not big deal we go with our own agenda after all .

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Probably , not early than the end of November but not too late either , I will have more info next weekend , not much left to do btw . I mean a lot but less time consuming .. very excited about.
Good to hear, as we've all been waiting for so long for Dawn 2, it's good to know about how much longer we'll have to wait. ;)

Victoria 9 is a character , not stand alone figure ..not big deal we go with our own agenda after all .
I thought, and I could be wrong, that Genesis 9 is the new figure that's coming out, and Victoria 9 will be coming out at the same time. I always considered Genesis as the base figures, and the Victorias as all the specific characters for the Genesis base figures.

Then again, I could've misunderstood what he was saying in the video.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

Cool! Can't wait to find out more about Dawn!

By the way they are promoting it she looks like a whole new thing.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
BTW - does anyone know where the name Victoria came from? Who was she named after?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
No, you're right. At least so far as the Genesis platform has operated to this point. I didn't watch the video, so I don't know whether anything has changed.

The blank numbered genesis figure is the base character, and will presumably show up in registered user's accounts. Probably only when they download whatever version of the program is required to run it. I think that's 4.21 and above. Or otherwise as a part of the Starter essentials package. And will be free to all registered users of that version of the program.

Victoria (whatever number) is historically the first official character morph for the new genesis base, and is always a commercial product. Sometimes later on, a numbered Victoria might be offered at a deep discount, or as a freebie in some other promotion. But she is always a commercial product. Along with Michael. I don't know how many of the historic base character morphs might be revived and reissued in a new iteration for G9. They used to do that with several of them (Aiko, The Girl, etc). But they seem to have stopped doing that with 8.1. No idea whether they might go back to it or not.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm not sure Victoria was named for anyone in particular. Chris Creek might know. It was long enough ago back that he might remember.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
That may be Victoria's secret and we never will know lol
Michael was a scanned face copy of Dan so I don't think they named them after anybody specific .

And yes Miss B, Genesis 9 is just a base figure and so will be Dawn2 this time and forever after , a great base for many new unlimited creations .

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Girl has been revived in just about every generation since she was introduced. Up to G8 anyway. I don't think she made an appearance in 8.1. But she made it into gen4, Genesis 1, G2, G3 and G8. Each time she was a bit different, but always the same general variety of 'Toon.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No, you're right. At least so far as the Genesis platform has operated to this point. I didn't watch the video, so I don't know whether anything has changed.
The main changes that I took. It's back to a unified figure for male and female. HD is different and also textures are 8000 for Victoria.

@MEC4D has there been any changes since the earlier figure that was sent to vendors in terms of rigging?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I saw from the page on the site that they've gone back to the unified figure. That will please a number of people. A lot of vendors wouldn't touch G1 with a 10-foot pole, so it only got about a year and a half of development. But that was something like 11 years ago and there have been a lot of changes in the underlying tech.

xyer0

Brilliant
I saw from the page on the site that they've gone back to the unified figure. That will please a number of people. A lot of vendors wouldn't touch G1 with a 10-foot pole, so it only got about a year and a half of development. But that was something like 11 years ago and there have been a lot of changes in the underlying tech.
They doubled the polygons and added pectoral under-cleavage on the Base.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Grumph.
Doubling the polygons means that we'll be able to fit fewer figures into a scene. I doubt it will be as bad as gen4, though. I never got more than 5 gen4 figures into a scene and was able to render it. Usually had to drop down to 4 or even 3.

I rather doubt that we'll be able to use a G8 skin on G9 though. That's going to be a PitA.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
@MEC4D has there been any changes since the earlier figure that was sent to vendors in terms of rigging?
Hi Pen , there was huge changes in rigging since then , but soon you should have the official CA copy to work with after the final setup . The hips , wrists, forearms, knees , feet, torso was changed , small cosmetic improvements but significant for the rigging , you will need to rig your clothing again , I am working now on the Autofit templates to make base rigging starts easier for the content creators and vendors .

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
From what I know so far about G9 is they won't be backwards compatible and will be one unified figure like Genesis 1 was. So skin, morphs, poses, expressions and heels for the previous figures will not work for G9 clothing, hair and flat shoes should autofit for the most part. Still might have to tweak and fiddle with somethings even after autofit. I'm not as excited about G9 as I am with Dawn 2.0 though.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not to talk about Genesis again but perhaps it would be a good idea to do a video intro about Dawn 2.0 similar to the livestream event that I'm currently watching for G9. It's showing all the ins and outs of the new figure (and it is new, not a shape, it's basically Genesis 1 (so can be a male or female) but with allot of improvements that the content makers approve of, so going forward DAZ will have just one base figure). Anyway, think the idea is a good idea and Cath, I've always enjoyed listening to your voice on your vids so maybe you can make that happen?