• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm itching to get started on promos and icons for Dawn2. When will you release those fabulous textures?

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I'm itching to get started on promos and icons for Dawn2. When will you release those fabulous textures?
it will be released with Dawn 2.0 by HW as it is part of the Base Figure .
You will get it probably 2 weeks before the deadline since you are on the early bird list doing products.
I just make material for promotion , still waiting for the final version ,clothing and hair to start doing Final Promo images for the Dawn 2.0 product .

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Dawn2 base with MEC4D texturing
Rendered with #Iray , face variation created using facial rigging , HDRI environment for Lighting
" D'Argent " feel free to share or repost .
click for bigger image

Dawn2_HW3D1_mec4d.net_silver.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Stunning renders as always Cath. SO looking forward to seeing some from Poser! Waiting with baited breath! XOXO

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Awwww, Red and Solid Gold. Awesome, just awesome.
Thank you @jartz , it is interesting that Gold was most popular on HW, then on Instagram "Winter" and on Twitter and Facebook "Silver" I guess different group of people with a different taste , thankfully Dawn2.0 is so versatile now and everyone can find something for themselves . Chris changing the main base face to more uniform shape paying off .

jartz

Inspired
Exactly, the facial part is the most interesting in the next figure, I love how it's structured. You are so right, she does have "variety", and the possibilities are infinite for the user. That's good to know. I wish I can be an early developer as I'm just a beginner. Well done, Cath, Chris, and all.

unreal

Noteworthy
Here's an interesting question about merchant resources. Let's say I want to put tattoos on Dawn 2, but I'm a terrible painter or I just don't know how to do it. Can I, using a merchant resource, hire someone to do the custom tattoos for me? It seems like a rather straightforward question, but it also seems like I'd violate a EULA agreement somewhere down the line unless I paid for the merchant resource twice. Once for me, and once for the third party I'd have to hire. Or is that a mistaken belief?
Don't both DS and Poser support layers in textures? Can't they be done that way?

unreal

Noteworthy
Thank you @jartz , it is interesting that Gold was most popular on HW, then on Instagram "Winter" and on Twitter and Facebook "Silver" I guess different group of people with a different taste , thankfully Dawn2.0 is so versatile now and everyone can find something for themselves . Chris changing the main base face to more uniform shape paying off .
incredible. The acid test, of course, will be expressions :D

Is someone working on those?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
incredible. The acid test, of course, will be expressions :D

Is someone working on those?
Thanks, so far the eyes-brows-lips facial rigging working for me just fine , I think Chris is responsible for the expression morph pack if I don't mistake .
I will do my Presets for the character render presets as well unique one for my own upcoming shapes.

unreal

Noteworthy
Thanks, so far the eyes-brows-lips facial rigging working for me just fine , I think Chris is responsible for the expression morph pack if I don't mistake .
I will do my Presets for the character render presets as well unique one for my own upcoming shapes.
awe-SOME!

it will be a long 6-9 weeks for those of us waiting.

I imagine it will be a ridiculously short 6-9 weeks for the rest of you :D

I predict Dawn2 *insanity* this year. Absolute insanity.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
awe-SOME!

it will be a long 6-9 weeks for those of us waiting.

I imagine it will be a ridiculously short 6-9 weeks for the rest of you :D

I predict Dawn2 *insanity* this year. Absolute insanity.
"insanity" for sure , it is gonna be great , after 12 months working with it , I am not bored yet , but we want to have things done finally so you guys can enjoy it as well .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
In case you render a billboard picture this textures maybe for you , ;)

close up on light behavior , Global illumination and Sun light in Poser12

The Superfly SSS skin shader behave now exactly as in Iray with the same results .. did not expected that to see in Poser as it was impossible to see it when using only spot lights . HDRI light maps brings it so nicely.
I still need to make one more specular layer to break everything through the surface for finest little tiny reflections and exclude pores from it .

This shader will works amazing with deeper wrinkles and any kind of imperfections on the skin , like scars , cuts. etc.., how deeper it get, how bloody it will be lol

Go big or go home ! lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-22 041523.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-22 041523.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot 2022-01-22 042856.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-22 042856.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot 2022-01-22 043812.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-22 043812.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot 2022-01-22 055008.jpg