• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's so true, Glen! I myself believe the accepting and helpful nature of the forums here encourages people to ask questions as they know they will not be ridiculed as I have seen happen to my own requests for assistance on other forums...that is if your question is not ignored totally.

glennf

Eager
Yes the Hivewire forums are the only Place that I would even dare ask such questions.I have seen people ask for simple information in other forums and it was turned into a joke and no one gave an answer.

Last edited:

Lorraine

I have to say that I want to hunt out the people who do that and BARBEQUE them. But I don't. I just come back here to the civility forums and ask here. And lo! people answer my questions with speed and helpfulness and I bless the day I found my true 3D home :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Again Thanks to everyone for the advice.
I was always taught that the only dumb question was the one never asked.

Spot on, I used to be a trainer, well that was my job title I preferred the term facilitator, and at the start of every training course I used to say that the only definition of a stupid question that I subscribed to was one that had been thought of but never asked. Glad to see others took the same line.

Hornet3d

Wise
Cutting it Fine - Last copter out.

Rescue Fore j.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I'm sure I must have learned composition eons ago. I just don't remember any specific rules. Though when everyone started talking the Rule of Thirds a few years ago, I looked it up, and read through a whole bunch of composition "rules." And then I promptly threw them all away.

Just tooo much for this old brain to try and remember :D

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Desertsilver!

Lovely renders, though hard to say which ones I like the most.

Of course, being that Cutting it Fine is the last one I saw, it's the one that I remember.

Sure hope that copter starts!

It's a two seater so it should be OK, I originally was going to show the front pilot but somehow it lost the impact.

I have spent the day changing the taps in our kitchen sink. Turned the water back on without realising my wife had turn the taps on in the bathroom to drain help drain the tank, I also did not know she had left the plug in. By the time I discovered the error there was water coming through the living room ceiling. The render was the result of me running away from reality for a hour or so.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry to hear about the flood Hornet, but the render is really good. :)

Thanks, both on the comment about the flood and the render. I am trying to dry everything out before we start getting mould but you can only do so much and then wait. My 3D art is often a refuge form real life particularly when I get day like this.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's a two seater so it should be OK, I originally was going to show the front pilot but somehow it lost the impact.

I have spent the day changing the taps in our kitchen sink. Turned the water back on without realising my wife had turn the taps on in the bathroom to drain help drain the tank, I also did not know she had left the plug in. By the time I discovered the error there was water coming through the living room ceiling. The render was the result of me running away from reality for a hour or so.
Oh no...that would be so frustrating. Looks like the topic of the render is very apt...nice render!

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh no...that would be so frustrating. Looks like the topic of the render is very apt...nice render!

Thanks for the kind words, I was cold, wet and tired so I needed time out and something to warm both me and my mood. I know it is just a bump in the road and nothing compared with what others are dealing with but knowing people are worse of than me has never really worked in making me feel better and I think I am now too old now for it to start to work. All in all I went to bed very tired and very depressed but at least my art cheered me up a little.

Lorraine

Oh Hornet, I am sorry. Real life can really suck sometimes. I came home to the boat one evening and she was really low in the water. I had accidently dropped the bilge pump pipe into the water when running it and when I turned it off, it syphoned back in. There was a foot of water over the floor boards and it was just three inches from covering the batteries. I sat in the dark for three hours while the pump slowly emptied the boat. Floods are just awful and the damage done by water is heartbreaking. I hope you dry out quickly and you have a much better day tomorrow.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh Hornet, I am sorry. Real life can really suck sometimes. I came home to the boat one evening and she was really low in the water. I had accidently dropped the bilge pump pipe into the water when running it and when I turned it off, it syphoned back in. There was a foot of water over the floor boards and it was just three inches from covering the batteries. I sat in the dark for three hours while the pump slowly emptied the boat. Floods are just awful and the damage done by water is heartbreaking. I hope you dry out quickly and you have a much better day tomorrow.

Thanks I can almost picture the scene on your boat. The frustration, is as you say all you can do is start the clear up, such as pumping out and wait.

A some years ago we came back from holiday to find the ground floor in about two foot of water. We had just come back from Austria and the wooden floor now looked like a model of the place, as some parts expanded they rose up leaving peaks and pools which could have been lakes. This time around was nowhere near as bad. I managed to dry the electrics before any damage was done there. The most annoying part was that the whole reason for sprucing the place up was that we are looking to take some equity from the house and we are waiting for a visit from a surveyor to value the place. It would have been bad enough at the best of times I really could have done without it.

My wife was walking the dog at the time and I managed to get it mostly under control by the time she returned. I didn't blame her, it was just one of those things and I should of checked. Problem was the more I tired to just accept it the guiltier she felt. There are just some days when you are not going to win.

Hopefully today will be better, I just heating the ceiling gently to dry it so time to spend a good part of the day with Dawn.

Lorraine

Heck, Hornet, the Alps in your ground floor?! Yuck! What a mess :( Glad this isn't as bad but it's bad enough.

One thing we Kiwis do after floods is get in industrial sized dehumidifiers from carpet cleaners. Even domestic ones are useful and really help remove the moisture.

Sending you warm and drying thoughts from downunder. Enjoy your day with Dawn.