• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Yup, Quick is still around, as is Kool Aid, but it isn't as cool as it once was. Way too sugary now, and too expensive for what it is.
Kool Aid? I haven't tasted any in, literally decades, but it's only 29 cents for the single packs ( I saw it on the shelves Yesterday when I went shopping), and they're unsweetened, so if it's too sugary, that's because YOU'RE adding too much sugar. I don't remember ever trying the canned stuff, but I do remember saying that they probably put in a LOT more sugar than they used to. Of course in the old days, that wasn't actually sugar, but chemicals that made it taste sweeter in the presweetened Kool Aid.

I was trying to calculate how much sugar was in each can, considering that it only makes 8 quarts. Each pack of Kool Aid makes 2 quarts, so you'd only need four packs of Kool Aid for a can. Each can is 19 ounces, but each pack is only .14 ounces. Anyway you look at that, even if you don't understand American measurements, you should know that there's WAY more sugar in that can than Kool Aid.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
1624446339034.png
This product was our version of Kool-Aid. Came in various flavours and was pre-sweetened. That ment artificial sweeteners. Cyclamates. Got pulled from the store shelves when sodium cyclamate and saccharin were banned and as poor people living in the woods my parents never replaced it with Kool-Aid or other pre-sweetened drink mixes. Sugar was unavailable. Corn syrup or golden syrup was the only sweetener available. It doesn't mix well with powders. hehehe
1624446925137.png

Last edited:

unreal

Noteworthy
Remember this? I found out something yesterday. My friend up in New York adopted a little girl and made me her "uncle". She's cute as hell and I enjoy talking to her on the phone. Yesterday we were telling jokes and I asked her what do you call a group of monkeys? I had looked it up and found out that they are actually called a "barrel of monkeys". Obviously , it made me think of the game. In case you're wondering , a group of animals is different for a lot of animals, but the names they're given:
A "Stench" of skunks
A "murder" of crows
A "parade" of elephants
and...
View attachment 69950
I always wondered about the crow thing. I didn't know the monkey thing. I'm curious where it comes from. If only there was a way to search for information like that... maybe across a computer network of networks... Using some sort of Transmission Control Protocol over a... hmm... "Internet" Protocol. With a GUI written in some sort of fantastical Transport Protocol using something like a "Hyper Text ". I'll bet someone could make a Googolplex of dollars off of something like that. But, naaaaah.... It's craziness. Pure fantasy. Still, it *would* be as cool as a barrel of primates. Colourful primates.

unreal

Noteworthy
As long as you're talking about candy cigarettes, remember this? I never really tried it. I didn't even like the idea of chewing tobacco, let alone looking like I was doing it. But I understand they still make it, which actually surprises me. Like you said, can you imagine if it was candy cigarettes?

View attachment 69948
I'm disturbed that a man-size wad is equal to 26 sticks. I suppose it's good that the pouch is stay fresh.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm disturbed that a man-size wad is equal to 26 sticks. I suppose it's good that the pouch is stay fresh.
I don't think I can even get 26 sticks of gum in my mouth. Although, when I was younger, about 8 or so, we used to buy penny candy at the store. That included a lot of "Bazooka Joe" gum, and I'd see how many I could stick in my mouth. Thing was I wasn't really doing it to see how many I could chew, it's just that after a while of chewing the gum lost all it's flavor. Another thing I used to do and actually still do to this day, is swallow my gum. People use to tell me that I shouldn't do that. Either they never told me why or I've forgotten.
1624456945707.png

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I just realized something. I've heard the expression "older than dirt." Looking at the CDN products posted from my youth I've come to the realization that "I'm older than Metric." Forgot that I graduated from Public School before the change in 1970.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Kool Aid? I haven't tasted any in, literally decades, but it's only 29 cents for the single packs ( I saw it on the shelves Yesterday when I went shopping), and they're unsweetened, so if it's too sugary, that's because YOU'RE adding too much sugar. I don't remember ever trying the canned stuff, but I do remember saying that they probably put in a LOT more sugar than they used to. Of course in the old days, that wasn't actually sugar, but chemicals that made it taste sweeter in the presweetened Kool Aid.

I was trying to calculate how much sugar was in each can, considering that it only makes 8 quarts. Each pack of Kool Aid makes 2 quarts, so you'd only need four packs of Kool Aid for a can. Each can is 19 ounces, but each pack is only .14 ounces. Anyway you look at that, even if you don't understand American measurements, you should know that there's WAY more sugar in that can than Kool Aid.
They don't sell it in single packs around here, only the plastic sweetened containers.

Terre

Renowned
Mango seems to be a new trend. I just picked up an Ocean Spray Cranberrry Mango 100% fruit juice. It's actually pretty good. I often get a juice at BJ's called Mango Passionfruit. It's organic, too. Very tasty!

Dana

As long as you're talking about candy cigarettes, remember this? I never really tried it. I didn't even like the idea of chewing tobacco, let alone looking like I was doing it. But I understand they still make it, which actually surprises me. Like you said, can you imagine if it was candy cigarettes?

View attachment 69948
Mango is VERY popular with Mexicans and Mexican Americans. Almost anything with mango will sell here in New Mexico.

Big League comes in at least 4 flavors. I order the original, apple, grape, and watermelon for the store I work at.

eclark1894

Visionary
Mango is VERY popular with Mexicans and Mexican Americans. Almost anything with mango will sell here in New Mexico.

Big League comes in at least 4 flavors. I order the original, apple, grape, and watermelon for the store I work at.
I've been meaning to ask, How do you pronounce your name? Is it Ter- ree, or Terry, or what?

eclark1894

Visionary
Some more childhood favorites. I used to love both these cereals, but they always confused me. I would get one mixed up with the other. Eventually, Sugar bear won me over.
1624503530638.png
1624503605086.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I've had these before, but when i was a kid the first I ever heard of them was in a commercial for the cereal. Some made this from scratch. I've always wanted to try and make a batch.
1624503953962.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Ooh! Haven't had these in a while. Gonna get a bag next time I go to the store! There used to be three sizes to these. Minis, medium and huge!!!I wonder if they still make them in all three sizes?
1624659074544.png

Drool!:p
1624659342728.png

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
MMMMMM, Snow Caps!

1624677925896.png

There was a time when the only way I ever had jellybeans was from a gumball machine.

1624678401475.png

Last edited: