• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is Pommerlis up to? WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
That might make another good pack all of its own. The trick would be to make it generic enough to be able to use a wide variety of props with it.
It doesn't have to be THAT generic. One pose with them serving a plate of food and another serving a glass.
1620953063960.png

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
You should include serving poses for waiters and waitresses too. For people who are eating in restaurants. Remember when people actually did stuff like that?

That is an excellent idea.
I was planning on mirroring poses in such a way that they turn a 45 degree angle but I can't get it perfectly symmetrical so I'm letting go of that idea. In the meantime Dawn helps me look for my mathematical skill that I left somewhere around here.....

GLPoses02.jpg

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
While Dawn and her friends are still searching for my mathematical skills around the patio I've started working on some freebies. I thought it was time and I was thinking of some small free add-ons for sets I have allready in my store.
Lik for example Father and Child-Dusk & Luna. and since I've spoiledmyself with some 2world Everyday Items, I thought they may be doing laundry or something.

DoingLaundry01A.jpg

DoingLaundry01B.jpg

What I don't know yet is if I'll make these little free addons an exclusive freebie for my blog & here at the forum or wether I'll release these on my freebie page at Renderosity.
What do you guys think?

eclark1894

Visionary
While Dawn and her friends are still searching for my mathematical skills around the patio I've started working on some freebies. I thought it was time and I was thinking of some small free add-ons for sets I have allready in my store.
Lik for example Father and Child-Dusk & Luna. and since I've spoiledmyself with some 2world Everyday Items, I thought they may be doing laundry or something.

View attachment 69383

View attachment 69384

What I don't know yet is if I'll make these little free addons an exclusive freebie for my blog & here at the forum or wether I'll release these on my freebie page at Renderosity.
What do you guys think?
I don't have any children of my own, but the size of Luna in these images makes feel uneasy that she would be doing laundry with Dusk. Obviously, I've done laundry before, and I've seen children in the Laundromat. They usually are a little older.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I don't have any children of my own, but the size of Luna in these images makes feel uneasy that she would be doing laundry with Dusk. Obviously, I've done laundry before, and I've seen children in the Laundromat. They usually are a little older.

I didn't think of that.
We don't go to the Laundromat, we usually have washers&Dryers at home here.
I think the laundromats went pretty much out of business here, I don't think there are many left.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I agree, infant baby not even walks yet , maybe you can make some nice father/baby care time , feeding, holding in the arms in various poses etc.. exactly as mother would do .
I did not know Pom you were from the Netherlands , I just read your blog today .. I am Dutch resident since 1992 , Lemmer & Harlingen in Friesland was my towns for so many years before moved to NYC .

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't think of that.
We don't go to the Laundromat, we usually have washers&Dryers at home here.
I think the laundromats went pretty much out of business here, I don't think there are many left.
I do my laundry my laundromat. There are quite a few here. I would use my washing machine, but it broke and I never called a repairman to fix it.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I agree, infant baby not even walks yet , maybe you can make some nice father/baby care time , feeding, holding in the arms in various poses etc.. exactly as mother would do .
I did not know Pom you were from the Netherlands , I just read your blog today .. I am Dutch resident since 1992 , Lemmer & Harlingen in Friesland was my towns for so many years before moved to NYC .

I have a set like that in my store at Renderosity. But you are right, maybe these kind would be more suitable for Dusk & Diva maybe.
I will have to think of something else for Dusk & Luna.

I live in the south of the Netherlands, Brabantse born & raised. I live in Eindhoven, birthplace of Philips.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I have a set like that in my store at Renderosity. But you are right, maybe these kind would be more suitable for Dusk & Diva maybe.
I will have to think of something else for Dusk & Luna.

I live in the south of the Netherlands, Brabantse born & raised. I live in Eindhoven, birthplace of Philips.
For Dusk & Diva would be perfect !

South of Netherlands is beautiful , I was there a lot in the early 90's , my friends moved to Breda , we buy summer resident in Lemmer and eventually moved north-west and the rest is history . Good times to remember , always deep in my heart.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Dawn 1 is still helping me with my mathematical skills but we're getting there. Her twin is very eager and willing I must say allthough she is slightly different. I'm in the middle of converting my solo poses for D2, thinking applying the pose from D1 would be just it.....
Not quite.

D2InStylePose02.jpg

It's almost the same but there are some elements D2 doesn't have like neck 2 and chest 2 sooooo that took some calculating on my part to get the pose almost identical.

D2InStylePose02A.jpg

D2InStylePose02B.jpg

And then the legs, she moves a bit different aswell so I need to adjust the poses there aswell. Other then that I don't think there will be much tweaking. The duo-poses will have to wait though untill the rest of the family is present and I have this feeling that those poses will require a little more work.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes Pom, different rigging so different behavior , I missing the neck 2 mostly
but your poses looks great .

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes Pom, different rigging so different behavior , I missing the neck 2 mostly
but your poses looks great .

I'm surprised at how little tweaking is needed at this point. I loved the 2 segments that Dawn has, it makes it possible to create a more natural flow of the body when creating poses. I can create more poses that otherwise would look ridiculous on a computer mesh or I would have to intersect bodyparts. I like my poses detailed, as realistic as possible en correct the whole 360 degrees round and that excludes some things that us humans can do simply because we have skin and muscle, not just bone.
But I'm still happy with how Dawn 2 is turning out, I'll get it sorted.... ;) :)

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm surprised at how little tweaking is needed at this point. I loved the 2 segments that Dawn has, it makes it possible to create a more natural flow of the body when creating poses. I can create more poses that otherwise would look ridiculous on a computer mesh or I would have to intersect bodyparts. I like my poses detailed, as realistic as possible en correct the whole 360 degrees round and that excludes some things that us humans can do simply because we have skin and muscle, not just bone.
But I'm still happy with how Dawn 2 is turning out, I'll get it sorted.... ;) :)
Intersecting bodyparts bother me but only because most people criticize it so much. Yet, it's next to impossible to pose a figure that DOESN't have intersecting bodyparts at some point, and that tends to make a pose look unrealististic, for instance crossing the legs over knee of a figure wearing a short dress without intersecting obviously means posing the leg up higher than you would in real life. That throws off the hip, pelvis, and abdomen, not including the clothes the figure is wearing.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well I can see your attention to details Pom .. and I am happy with Dawn2 as well , as it is a beast in posing compared to other figures I tested with the same pose , like for example yoga lotus pose ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
for instance crossing the legs over knee of a figure wearing a short dress without intersecting obviously means posing the leg up higher than you would in real life. That throws off the hip, pelvis, and abdomen, not including the clothes the figure is wearing.
Yep we are organic creatures .. attention to this level of details require extra skills and processing , I got you , but that is all we can do on this point , soft bullet could fix it or Zbrush dynamics .. I was throwing 3D donuts on figure face and captured the collision with Zbrush dynamics for both the face and the donut lol a leg over a leg would be 20 sec fix