• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is Pommerlis up to? WIPs

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
A little render with textures,.....crouching down.....

RenderCrouching01A.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
It's allright, it could be the wireframe view that I prefer to work in, I thought it was kinda funny though. It kinda reminded me of my grandma, who just after the war during the famine prepared streetcats and presented them as rabbits. Nobody saw the difference, or tasted it.
When I first read that, I thought that was a typo. But then, I thought about it some more... :D

Made me think of Grannie's Possum-belly Stew from the Beverly Hillbillies! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It took me several readings to realized it was cats, and not cars. And then a couple more times to realize prepared and presented meant for eating.

Streetcars would have been a bit too tough to eat. Even during a famine.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Note to self; post clear renders when working on poses to avoid confusion! :roflmao: :laugh:

@eclark1894 I think if there would have been possums, she would have served them. LOL
You must understand, it was war and my father's family had a rough time due to the fact my grandpa didn't quite agree with the Germans at the time and did some things they had strong objections to like smuggling for the resistance and whatnot. They were detained, my dad was 5 when that happened and he was 8 when they were liberated from the camp. My grandmother was locked in camp with 3 young children, my youngest uncle a mere baby. Seperated from her husband she did what she needed to survive.
After the camp was liberated they had to walk home, by car Germany is 2-4 hours or more away from where I live. I don't know wich camp they were in. So heaven only knows how far they walked. Marshall help was only for the central part of the Netherlands, down here hardly any help came.
The Screaming Eagles liberated this part and they are very much respected and honored still after 75 years, esspecially General Maxwell Taylor. They had marched on long after my family came back so my dad didn't see the first American soldier untill '48.
My grandfather would kill streetcats and dogs during famine winter, and probably after. And it's true, when cooked properly you do not taste the difference between cat or rabbit. They even look the same on a plate after they've been prepared.
I must say, my granddad smuggling ways kept on looooong after the war, I can remember as a kid that my grandparents came back from Spain with one suitcase full of liquor and one suitcase full of sigarettes. That was back in the seventies.
My mum was sick with worry saying "What if they had caught you?" to wich my granddad replied "Who believes and old man like me would smuggle so much contraband?" Apparently the custom officer had helped him put the suitcases on the cart aswell.
I know, I have a really weird, weird family, there is a reason I feel connected to the Adams Family you know.....

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I've finished 3 poses so far, well, for each pose there is a "WithBase..." and a "NoBase..." version to go with the FallenTree Scene. Plus the seperate tailposes are saved and I've been able to safe them in DazStudio. I must say, getting them into Daz was a bit harder this time.
Don't know if the gap between Poser 11.3 and DazStudio 4.12 is getting wider but I did have to make some small changes in the poses in order to make them look the same. But maybe it's just me.....

I rendered them out....just some previews.....

RenderClimbingTree01.jpg

RenderCrouching01A.jpg

RenderFishing01.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
I've finished 3 poses so far, well, for each pose there is a "WithBase..." and a "NoBase..." version to go with the FallenTree Scene. Plus the seperate tailposes are saved and I've been able to safe them in DazStudio. I must say, getting them into Daz was a bit harder this time.
Don't know if the gap between Poser 11.3 and DazStudio 4.12 is getting wider but I did have to make some small changes in the poses in order to make them look the same. But maybe it's just me.....

I rendered them out....just some previews.....

View attachment 62299
He looks kind of out of place in that first render, but you know, if you turn him around and push his back up against the trunk, he'd look like he was scratching his back! :D

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Working on the final couple of poses and as always, I seem to leave the hardest ones last. There are some that seem easy but turn out to be a real pain in the posterior. Like this one, I just finished today.....

TigerStretching01A.jpg

RenderStretching01A.jpg

One would think that a cat stretching itself wouldn't be that hard....
O welll,...I managed to finally get this one done to my standards.

TigerStretching01B.jpg

RenderStretching01B.jpg

I don't want to make this set to big, because of the various options. With Base, No Base, seperate tailposes...
I still want to make a pose of the Tiger lying on the tree but that one is proving to be a real challenge though. Anyhew, so far so good....
After this one I'm taking a break from posing cats....where is my valium.....
:roflmao: :laugh: