• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
Well that sucks. I know I have not been her very long like the rest of all of you but I fully support the Hivewire brand. Over the past few years I have learned a lot about 3D modeling and art. I still say this and always will Hivewire is still in the front running for Animal models for the none professional/ hobby artist. I still would like to Beta test new, up and coming animal models as a way to give back to the Hivewire community that has shown me so much.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well that sucks. I know I have not been her very long like the rest of all of you but I fully support the Hivewire brand. Over the past few years I have learned a lot about 3D modeling and art. I still say this and always will Hivewire is still in the front running for Animal models for the none professional/ hobby artist. I still would like to Beta test new, up and coming animal models as a way to give back to the Hivewire community that has shown me so much.

So the great news is that the animals will still be available over at Rendo and that the community will still be here to help you and anyone else in 2021.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well this is going to be an expensive end to 2020. I have already blown my November and December hobby budget on the 50% sale over at Rendo and just as that finishes Hivewire3D has a closing down sale. Last night I went through the lot and put anything I thought could make good use of into my list list with the end result the list was over $200 - ouch (still that is before any reward points are applied.. This needed some thinking about but I reason that my fuel bill has been cut by two thirds since the start of the pandemic and, even with a vaccine the prediction is we will be in lockdown at least until March so my fuel expense is not going to rise anytime soon. End result I have taken the first shop at the list and chopped it by a quarter now I need to take a slightly harder look at what is left and go again in a week or two. One other situation I need to look at, without being too political, is that we are about to drop out of the EU at the end of the month and the exchange rate on the pound will change, up or down may depend on if we get a deal or not so that might have an impact.....decisions, decisions, decisions.

aqua1955

Again a store like RDNA that closes. The beauty you brought in these years are precious to me. I hope if there are updates to the files will also go through Renderosity. It is a pitty that shop by shop dissapear in a community where a lot of people get there joy.
Wish you well and safe for the future and thank you for the wonderful years.
Ben
Deer.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Again a store like RDNA that closes. The beauty you brought in these years are precious to me. I hope if there are updates to the files will also go through Renderosity. It is a pitty that shop by shop dissapear in a community where a lot of people get there joy.
Wish you well and safe for the future and thank you for the wonderful years.
Ben View attachment 65952
Buck up, buddy!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi all. :)

I don't want to use this as a personal thread...but I wanted to let anyone know that is waiting to hear back from me, that I will be in touch soon. I am working through some ideas/plans on this side and will be back with all of you very soon! We are interested in speaking to any of you that are interested in moving over to Renderosity. I am just working out some details to make it as easy as possible for all of you.

I just want to say again how much I look forward to working with Chris and Lisa now and in the future. And to help support the upcoming figures and of course the animals as well. Both are amazing content lines. We will do our very best for them and the content. I have always enjoyed our working together.

The same is true for anyone that would like to come our way.

I am busy..but never TOO busy to help. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I feel your pain Hornet! Going through the HiveWire store, I see so many products that may disappear once the store closes. It's so hard to decide which products to purchase. My cart is hovering around $120, so for every product that goes in my cart, one has to be removed!

Decisions, decisions!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
We are also still accepting products for a little longer....then it can be in the store for a short time, and you can move it elsewhere after

Hornet3d

Wise
Hi all. :)

I don't want to use this as a personal thread...but I wanted to let anyone know that is waiting to hear back from me, that I will be in touch soon. I am working through some ideas/plans on this side and will be back with all of you very soon! We are interested in speaking to any of you that are interested in moving over to Renderosity. I am just working out some details to make it as easy as possible for all of you.

I just want to say again how much I look forward to working with Chris and Lisa now and in the future. And to help support the upcoming figures and of course the animals as well. Both are amazing content lines. We will do our very best for them and the content. I have always enjoyed our working together.

The same is true for anyone that would like to come our way.

I am busy..but never TOO busy to help. :)

It is so good that so much is being done to welcome the Hivewire3D team and the wider Hivewire3D community to Rendo.

I already have an account there as I know many here have but I became inactive a few years ago for a number of reasons. I do not want to go over matters in the past but just in case there are others like me I would encourage them to go back to Rendo and encourage anyone not already there to sign up. My account there was never closed and I returned when Poser was purchased to find it is a very different place to the one I left and I feel comfortable there once more.

I am still very sad with the closure of HiveWire3d as a marketplace but I do hope that this is a change that will benefit both Hivewire3D and Renderosity both in the short and the long term.

Phoenix

Admirable
Very sad to hear this. I am so happy to find a 3d community here.
However, I'm very happy that you are continuing the forums, and that you will still be working on your animals and Dawn, etc.
I am eagerly anticipating the wolf! ;) I had a pet wolf when I was young, and none of the other 3d wolves have satisfied me.

eclark1894

Visionary
On the plus side of Hivewire closing and joining Rendo is that many of their products MAY join the Poser content downloads. We already have Dusk and Dawn. Maybe Dusk and Dawn 2 in Poser 12?:please:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is really sad to hear. I'm grateful that the figures and the forums are not disappearing, though. I do really like these forums. The community here is home - even when I can't be on for long stretches of time, I always come back here when I get back to 3D.

Thank you for keeping the forums up. And I guess I'll check with Rendo and Fantasies Realm and see what of my meager items they might actually want.

Since the figures will continue to be available, I'll keep trying to support them.

I'm still sad to see the shop side go, but I understand, and wish you the best with your venture going forward with Rendo.

Thank you for everything - and thank you for keeping the forums up after this. I would be heartbroken to see the community side of this end on top of it.

Carey

Extraordinary
Keep coming here, turning chicken and running away...Another door slowly closing, What does it mean, I've been in this same place way too many times... Hive wire is just is one in a long line of heart break as sites go dark...Seems as though I've raised some of you......lol I just say that as I still claim the money I spend here as child support....lol

Time will tell what the impact will be, I've done what I could to support, honor and advance this art form even though my sister tells everyone I still play with dolly's, she gets this evil smile on her face when she says it too.......

Nod

Adventurous
That's a shame. I've been with you folk since Dawn came out. (I think you promoted your site in a Facebook group?)
Looking forward to seeing your future products over at Renderosity though.