• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yeah, I don't think I'll get it until my current projects are in store lol (and I can find the funds!) :p

Hornet3d

Wise
Is 12 out already?? (or are you Beta testing?)

No not a beta tester, the Windows version of Poser 12 is available to 'early access users' from both the Poser Website and the Renderosity store. You do need the serial number from your earlier version if you go for the upgrade version. Interestingly this is done by asking you to validate the number before you are allowed to buy the upgrade which seems a nice way to do it.

Hornet3d

Wise
It came out today, but I'm not going to get it until all the kinks have been worked out.

Only just started to play with it, biggest problem I had was it did not pick up my preferences on install so I had to set them up again and also link the libraries. Superfly render times are clearly faster, not only when using the GPU but also when using the CPU. Superfly renders appear to be sharper but that may be my imagination. The Post FX allows you to change the exposure, and saturation and also apply Intel Deniose. Fairly basic but it does appear to negate using a manipulation program if that is all that is required. Program did crash on my a few times when adding libraries but so far has been stable in normal use. Existing scenes load without issue. Other point to note is I am not running any third party add-ons so I do not see the impact of the python version change. All in all my first impressions are favorable and I have not found an real issues so far.

Hornet3d

Wise
One other point, ability to select a figure or prop in the material room and then drag and drop materials to all or multi selected groups looks to be a real winner.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That last little bit sounds very interesting, and it's good to hear Denoise has been added, as I use it in Blender all the time when rendering with Cycles.

Hornet3d

Wise
I like the section above the dark gray containers it really pops!

There certainly seems to be a crispness about superfly renders in Poser 12 that was not there in Poser 11and that is before you use the denoiser.. One of my disappointments when I first started using superfly was that there was a softness that worked well in some renders but was not what was wanted in others.

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Poser 12. Rendered in 26 min and 38 sec.

Attachments

• Tiger-Lily3.jpg
    Tiger-Lily3.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 127

Carey

Extraordinary
There certainly seems to be a crispness about superfly renders in Poser 12 that was not there in Poser 11and that is before you use the denoiser.. One of my disappointments when I first started using superfly was that there was a softness that worked well in some renders but was not what was wanted in others.
guess I should ask what mode in supfly your using?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Poser 12. Rendered in 26 min and 38 sec.
Nice, and you already have the new Rendered In Poser SuperFly tag. Were'd you get it, or did you create it yourself? Are they available on the Poser Software site?

Hornet3d

Wise
Jet Suit Poser 11-12.jpg

Same lighting used for all of these renders, the figure on the left is rendered in Poser 11, pixel samples set at 25 and Branched Path Tracing selected. Render time around the 2 hour mark (the hair has the biggest impact and takes the longest time). The center is rendered in Poser 12 using GPU (1080i) pixel samples set at 40 with BPT unselected but Adaptive Sampling selected. Render time is a little over 4 minutes. Lastly on the far right rendered in Poser 12 using CPU (32 threads), pixel samples set at 25 with Branched Path Tracing selected and ran for 2 hours.

Hornet3d

Wise
The big change for me using Poser 12 is that using the GPU to render seems much more stable than before. I have tried it a few times but it often did not complete the render, particularly true if the scene is fairly complex. I am not saying it did not work in Poser 11 but that it did not seem to like my 1080i.