• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I think I found a bug with the Hivewire Lion?

I'm making my first artwork with the Hivewire Lion (which is awesome by the way!) but I've run into what may be a bug. If I use the "Yawn" or "Yawn 2" morphs past a value of 0.6 then the lion's mane will go into his mouth. The mane looks fine before a value of 0.6 but as soon as it hits that value, it pops into his mouth. This is in Poser 11 Pro. This is the latest version of the Lion since I just downloaded him yesterday. I could be doing something wrong but I haven't figured out what yet. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thank you for your time.
Render-1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One thing I've always done with HireWire products is check Use Limits in the Figure menu. That makes sure that poses, such as the Yawn and Yawn 2, don't go too far. Try that, and I'm sure it will work for you.

One thing I've always done with HireWire products is check Use Limits in the Figure menu. That makes sure that poses, such as the Yawn and Yawn 2, don't go too far. Try that, and I'm sure it will work for you.
I just tried checking the Use Limits, it changed my pose a little but the mane still goes into his mouth. :( I tried reloading the lion too to see if I messed up something somehow when I loaded it. Still having mane issues. It's properly conformed to the lion figure. I can't figure out why it keeps doing that. It's so odd. I had no such issues with the Tiger mane.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, interesting. I haven't played with the HW Lion in a while, and don't recall having issues when I did, but then I don't recall any poses I've used being at all extreme. I may have to open Poser, and see if I get the same issue with those poses.

Hmmmm, interesting. I haven't played with the HW Lion in a while, and don't recall having issues when I did, but then I don't recall any poses I've used being at all extreme. I may have to open Poser, and see if I get the same issue with those poses.
The yawn only looks right at high values because that's when the lion's eyes close. I'd greatly appreciate if you have time to check it out. :) No rush. I've got a whole scene to build up around my lion still yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just checked my poses for the Lion, and I don't see one for Yawn or Yawn 2. Which pose pack did you install those from, as I don't think I have it?

Never mind. Just found them, so give me a couple of minutes to play with them.

OK, I just checked my poses for the Lion, and I don't see one for Yawn or Yawn 2. Which pose pack did you install those from, as I don't think I have it?
Oops, miscommunication! They're not poses, they're morphs. They're in the Body-->Actor-->Head-->7_Mouth-->Yawn or Yawn 2

Stezza

Dances with Bees
the yawn is ok in Carrara however the mane does protrude if the roar is also enabled ,,
a quick e.g.

1603504481490.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
yawn2 + roar still doesn't get what you got!

maybe try unfitting and refit it ( what the poser equivalent is I don't know ) may help o_O

1603504874224.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I don't have the Roar morph on, and the best I could do is 0.48 for Yawn, and 0.53 for Yawn 2.

Both of Those Yawn settings work fine with the Mouth Roar at 1.0

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, with anything over those settings I posted above.

As Stezza mentioned, the Mouth Roar set at 1.0 DOES work with the Yawn poses I posted above. Here's Mouth Roar at 1.0, and Yawn set at 0.48.

Lion-RoarAndYawn-1.jpg

The Maximum Limit set for the Yawn is set to 1.0, but it doesn't seem to want to work well with the Lion's Mane.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, without the Lion's Mane, you can use the Yawn morphs at 1.0, so obviously it will only work well at that high a setting with the Lioness and Lion Cub.

Ok :) I'll fiddle with the settings and create a new expression using a mix of the roar, yawn, etc. and see what I can come up with that doesn't affect the mane. I honestly hadn't thought of doing that until now. LOL Thank you all for your help!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just a thought... but I have seen in some models morphs in the animal model as well as morphs in the attachment to the animal..

Got it! I used Eyes Closed 0.040, Mouth Snarl 0.290, Mouth Yawn 0.48, and Mouth Lion Roar 0.590 and it looks pretty good in my scene in progress. :D
Render-3a.jpg