• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I would love to see a quick tutorial. I am trying to get more into texturing and hopefully character sculpting for Poser.

Here i made a little video on how to create a normal map, just basic pores. There are of course a lot of different ways. I personally love to make my own pore maps or use scanned pores. Making own brushes add much more to the creative process but sometimes you just don't have any time. So then I often times use scanned pores and bake them.

Here in this video I made a very simple alpha brush so you can be creative and will fit most of the diffuse textures. There are better ways to create pores for normals like i mentioned above but that is much more work and probably better suited for a tutorial.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Btw I always use layers so i can change the intensity of the pores, lines or whathaveyou lol. it is a bit of a trial and error to see what is suited best when rendering. I also as you've probably seen saved a morph target. This is something i do when i make a mistake or want to redo an area, you can then select the morph brush and it will restore that part.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I see i forgot to flip the G channel. Before you hit create normal, make sure you select G so the green channel gets inverted. Sometimes it is needed, you can check that in photoshop if the pores extrude then you have to flip the Green channel ( also possible in photoshop, in the layer tab, channels, click on green channel, and press CTRL+I to invert the green channel) and then select every channel again to have your normal map, hit save.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
They stopped for awhile, but now they're back to being made. Ironically, Oreos are more popular now, and people think Hydrox is a rip off. :D
the labeling says a lot for folks with dietary limitations but the name.....sounds very medical.....dark lab science thing!
On line the only place it is available? Transfat and sugar are not my friends so if I can cut back I am all for it if i can find them.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well the nice thing about Hydrox is they were the original and always used pure ingredients. Never ever liked the flavor of Oreo's!

eclark1894

Visionary
the labeling says a lot for folks with dietary limitations but the name.....sounds very medical.....dark lab science thing!
On line the only place it is available? Transfat and sugar are not my friends so if I can cut back I am all for it if i can find them.
I looked. They are trying to get back on store shelves, but, as I said, are meeting some resistance from Grocers. But yes, you can order from their website.

eclark1894

Visionary
Here are the finished Sandals now as of tonight. Detail pieces now complete and sandal sole has been resized to fit her foot.

Onto creating UVs for all Clothing items next. As well as creating a few stray facial and body morphs for Dawn 2.

View attachment 62117

View attachment 62118

View attachment 62119

View attachment 62120

View attachment 62121

View attachment 62122

View attachment 62123

View attachment 62124
Hey Chris, look, an actual post about Dawn 2... Will the pants and sandals above fit an obese Dawn 2? Also, any chance we can get ankle straps that go a little higher, like to the pant leg?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Never seen flip flops with a heel so I think these are base for sandals!
I've seen flip flops in australia with heels like that...actually owned some at one stage.
Agreed. I believe you have to be a DAZ PA to have access to their HD. But as far as normal maps that would be awesome. I've tried creating some in Modo but I don't have the graphics power to do anything of value to date. So on release we won't have any from HW. Perhaps a CA can do some? Wouldn't that be nice. Otherwise I could try some again later and see how we do.
This is correct, but they have also said that using good displacement maps can get an equal result...at least that's what they have said when people have complained about lack of access.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I've seen flip flops in australia with heels like that...actually owned some at one stage.
This is correct, but they have also said that using good displacement maps can get an equal result...at least that's what they have said when people have complained about lack of access.
Yes but displacement maps are not a good idea if you don't make a complete character plus clothing and hair. Because it well let the mesh grow a bit.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Yes but displacement maps are not a good idea if you don't make a complete character plus clothing and hair. Because it well let the mesh grow a bit.
They can be a welcome addition to normal maps, displacement maps are not as detailed as normals, but they give the skin a fleshy feel. I picture them as a sponge. When you wet the sponge it grows and becomes softer. That is also what a disp. Map does. You can get very detailed displacements but that does let your machine make overtime lol.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris, look, an actual post about Dawn 2... Will the pants and sandals above fit an obese Dawn 2? Also, any chance we can get ankle straps that go a little higher, like to the pant leg?

Ha, no kidding, yeah I appreciate that.
I plan on a fit for our obese morph.
I'm not planning on creating a higher strap on the leg. Certainly not at this point. Let's just get this stuff on out store and see how things do for us and the level of support we might get. Then we can see about creating more if warranted.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I had hoped to have that new workstation by now so I could ask to be included in Early Dawn 2.0 development, but I hit a snag. I would like to help out if I can, but not having access to P11 poses problems.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I had hoped to have that new workstation by now so I could ask to be included in Early Dawn 2.0 development, but I hit a snag. I would like to help out if I can, but not having access to P11 poses problems.
I am looking for yiu, I found my old laptop for 700 dollars on Amazon. Maybe you can scrape 200 dollars from somewhere? It's a good laptop

eclark1894

Visionary
Ha, no kidding, yeah I appreciate that.
I plan on a fit for our obese morph.
I'm not planning on creating a higher strap on the leg. Certainly not at this point. Let's just get this stuff on out store and see how things do for us and the level of support we might get. Then we can see about creating more if warranted.
I will say this, I am looking forward to buying Dawn 2 so yeah, you've got at least one early yes to getting her. HOWEVER, I do reserve the right to get her based on what accessories I see offered for her. So that's why I'm so interested.