• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OH, I've gotten HDR's from this site many times. I keep forgetting they are out there. LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If you put on some dof you have a great promo picture
I don't do promo renders, but I often use the smaller sized HDRi images for just that reason. They are slightly softer/blurred, which gives them a DOF look, which makes the main object in the render stand out more. For promos, that's always a good idea.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In studio I use the refl files. In poser you can use the sibl files
I'm only seeing ibl files in most of the zips I've downloaded. In Poser the ibl would be brought in how? Through a light source or through the Poser Material room through a node. If a node which one would I choose and where do I hook it up to in the main root node?

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
You all don't need a secret tool to make high resolution morphs. It's highly probably that all they did was drag the bump and displace brushes over from Hexagon into DS. You should be able to do this with any modeler. I used for this example Hexagon, bridged it to and from DS.
I chopped off Dawn 2's foot and did some quick work. I'm spending more time on writing these post/examples and saving the images than I did with the modeler.
So I sent the foot to Hexagon, and used the smooth brush to first get rid of the sharp points on the quads.

Attachments

• A (1).JPG
    A (1).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 145
  • A (2).JPG
    A (2).JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 147

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Up the smoothing and add your details/morphs. All I'm doing for this example is adding in some foot bones that go to the toes and adjusting the shape of the toes a bit.
Important! when you are finished, lower the smoothing back down.
After you lower your smoothing back down then you can send it back to DS with the bridge or if you are using another modeler, lower it and save out the new obj.

Attachments

• B (1).jpg
    B (1).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 141
  • B (2).JPG
    B (2).JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
With your .obj selected go, Edit > Object > Convert to SubD
Load in your morph with morph loader or using the Hexagon bridge like I did.
In the Parameters Tab go to Mesh Resolution, Select High Resolution, View SubD level 2
now view the morph you just made

Attachments

• High (1).JPG
    High (1).JPG
    119 KB · Views: 128
  • High (2).JPG
    High (2).JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 139
  • High (3).JPG
    High (3).JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 129
  • High (4).JPG
    High (4).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 122

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm only seeing ibl files in most of the zips I've downloaded. In Poser the ibl would be brought in how? Through a light source or through the Poser Material room through a node. If a node which one would I choose and where do I hook it up to in the main root node?
This is a good reason for using Snarly's EZDome, as his included tutorial explains all that. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes but displacement maps are not a good idea if you don't make a complete character plus clothing and hair. Because it well let the mesh grow a bit.
I agree, displacement can cause poke through problems when used on the skin of a character.
In Australia they are not called flip flops, they are thongs ;)
Very true...but I didn't want to confuse everyone.