• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have to agree Ken, as I believe that when you see protrusions from the side it probably is more the gluteus maximus than the hip.

Probably. I am no expert, so I only perceive the shapes I can see. The brain can identify shapes better than we can explain, because it happens automatically. That's why many can instantly identify an odd anatomy shape or proportion, but can't explain why they think it is odd. First time I've noticed this was when I was trying to model a human ear, and ANYONE could instantly point out when I did something wrong. It's a natural human ability - they don't need an anatomy book to know it. People won't even notice the ears, UNLESS there is something wrong about its anatomy.

This is why I have been pointing out body features Dawn SE lacks, because their absence makes the figure less believable in renders. One of these was Dawn SE's lack of topology detail on the torso sides, namely the rib cage, which has been properly addressed in Dawn 2. In a skinny character, if we can see rib cage detail on the front, but not on the sides, that instantly strikes me as odd. With the topology changes Chris did to the torso, now we can have these details on the sides as well. This has also resolved the lack of external oblique muscle tone (not bone) that was missing in Dawn SE. I believe this is a [yet another] significant improvement. It will become more evident when we start rendering with this model in the future. :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I call this morph HipBoneProminence.

Dawn2Work408.JPG

Dawn2Work409.JPG

Dawn2Work410.JPG

Dawn2Work411.JPG

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Obviously a couple of these are done with Makeup, but I mean a morph to make the head and face as skeletal as possible - ala Ghostrider or Skeletor
1575130967512.jpeg

Willowisp

Adventurous
You know, I wasn't going to comment on those who ridicule the ultra large breast morphs, but I've had enough.
Those breasts look exactly like mine, and I really take offense in having them labelled 'unrealistic' and 'balloon boobs'.
They are a curse to many women, I assure you, and yes, I have the back/shoulder issues to show for it.

Next time you feel the need to ridicule body types, keep in mind there might be someone right next to you who actually HAS that body.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
You know, I wasn't going to comment on those who ridicule the ultra large breast morphs, but I've had enough.
Those breasts look exactly like mine, and I really take offense in having them labelled 'unrealistic' and 'balloon boobs'.
They are a curse to many women, I assure you, and yes, I have the back/shoulder issues to show for it.

Next time you feel the need to ridicule body types, keep in mind there might be someone right next to you who actually HAS that body.

Its not ridiculling anything I'm quite aware of different breast sizes and the problems that go with larger breasts.
I just am tired of seeing Dawn 2 become little more than that, all we seem to be getting is a limited vision of what will be useful.
I'm sorry if I offended you it was not my intend but if you are all happy with her being little more than a male objectification then fine I'll stick to using other figures.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Its not ridiculling anything I'm quite aware of different breast sizes and the problems that go with larger breasts.
I just am tired of seeing Dawn 2 become little more than that, all we seem to be getting is a limited vision of what will be useful.
I'm sorry if I offended you it was not my intend but if you are all happy with her being little more than a male objectification then fine I'll stick to using other figures.
I think I saw maybe 2-3 images of large breasts in this thread of whooping 60+ pages. Are you saying there is nothing in this entire thread that you want? Why don't you tell us what YOU want instead of this tiresome negativity.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
What I would like to see is shaping morphs, leg length, shin and thigh length, arm and torso length, sizing morphs wrist ankle knee and elbow that actually alter the size of the whole joint, I would like something that changes the proportions a bit like the Star 2 proprtion does on the Genesis 2 figure. For the face, things that really change her face shape especially the eyes not so they just go a little bit smller or bigger but something that helps to create a more toon look to her; same with the other features. For example

Willowisp

Adventurous
Some good suggestions there, but length and size is easily adjusted with scaling of each separate limb, don't really see the need for morphs for that.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes but you then have to lock everything incase someone has made poses that reset scale, each has to be done individually its time consuming and would be nice to have them as morphs.