• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
3 images from a creature I was working on using Dawn SE as the base clearly showing how the per body part scaling in Poser is breaking joints and even distorting the mesh. This makes my point more than adequately though I should not have to be on the defensive on this. The images are labelled to reflect which body part I was trying to scale when the parts broke or mesh distorted, or morphs stopped working properly.
Finger Length Scaling
Finger Scale Breaking.jpg

Forearm Length Scaling
Arm Scale Breaking.jpg

Abdomen Height Scaling
TorsoScaleBreaking.jpg

This is the last I will say on it - as it is clearly not something I am making up.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
3 images from a creature I was working on using Dawn SE as the base clearly showing how the per body part scaling in Poser is breaking joints and even distorting the mesh.

I have ran a test based on scaling Dawn's fingers to make them 300% longer. Just the first 2 fingers for this test. I have loaded the bare DawnSE with no morphs, just using the Scale X dials. The hand doesn't look so great at this extreme, but the joints are still Ok. I have done finger scaling in the past, so I knew it would work with Dawn, but I suspected maybe Poser 11.2 could had broken something in this respect, you never know. Nonetheless, it has worked as it did in the past. I wonder why you are having joint issues. As far as I can tell, it's not Dawn or Poser 11.2. Must be something else.

FingerScaling.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
On another note, I remember having trouble when trying to use scaling along with regular body morphs when saving a library preset. Poser doesn't like it. It works when we first apply the scaling, but if we save as a preset with body morph, the joints will not follow. This is probably why Paul has decided to bake Dawn's body shapes that used scaling, turning them into pure morphs instead. I have been doing the same in my own body morphs.

I recommend you do the same, and then adjust joints to fit the shape. That should resolve your issue. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
You know, I wasn't going to comment on those who ridicule the ultra large breast morphs, but I've had enough.
Those breasts look exactly like mine, and I really take offense in having them labelled 'unrealistic' and 'balloon boobs'.
They are a curse to many women, I assure you, and yes, I have the back/shoulder issues to show for it.

Next time you feel the need to ridicule body types, keep in mind there might be someone right next to you who actually HAS that body.

When we are talking about 3D figures I think there is a tendency to forget that we are also talking about the female form in general. I can see how comments could, and clearly does, upset some people but I think that is more down to a lack of seeing the implications rather than any malicious intent. I also think it is hard for us guys to relate sometimes as there is rarely the same level of discussion over male figures.

The other factor I think should be kept in mind is we are dealing with the digital world here and while many will want realistic looking female figures there are others that want to create something that may not exist in the real world. Perhaps the morphs should address the realistic while still allowing others to use their imagination. Just my thoughts on the matter.

eclark1894

Visionary
When we are talking about 3D figures I think there is a tendency to forget that we are also talking about the female form in general. I can see how comments could, and clearly does, upset some people but I think that is more down to a lack of seeing the implications rather than any malicious intent. I also think it is hard for us guys to relate sometimes as there is rarely the same level of discussion over male figures.

To be frank, it doesn't mean we don't relate, but just don't discuss it. Most guys tend to be very quiet about personal issues anyway, and we're not as communicative as females in general. I remember when I was around sixteen or so, I worked in a restaurant. I was having lunch with some the waitresses, and they launched into details about a gynecological exam. I had to leave the table. I don't sit with groups of women anymore.

Hornet3d

Wise
To be frank, it doesn't mean we don't relate, but just don't discuss it. Most guys tend to be very quiet about personal issues anyway, and we're not as communicative as females in general. I remember when I was around sixteen or so, I worked in a restaurant. I was having lunch with some the waitresses, and they launched into details about a gynecological exam. I had to leave the table. I don't sit with groups of women anymore.

Valid point and one I had not thought of.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Lol, I don't think that necessarily have to do with gender. If I was eating lunch with someone and they started talking about their genitals, I would be rather disturbed too, so I don't blame you. I consider that highly private, but I think that is very individual. You are right tho, in that many women tend to overshare (at least from my perspective), which is why I've always felt more comfortable around guys.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Does Poser have something similar to DAZ Studio's "Fit Rigging to Shape" and then an ERC Freeze to lock in the rigging?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Does Poser have something similar to DAZ Studio's "Fit Rigging to Shape" and then an ERC Freeze to lock in the rigging?

Yes it does. Right-click your body morph dial and choose "Match Centers to Morph", and then save your morph to the library. When matching joint centers, the default is to include everything, but you can choose which ones you want to include.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Then that strange bend behavior seems strange to me! o_O

My bet it's what I said in the other post. Poser doesn't like it when we create library presets that mix morphs and body scaling. It tends to mess up the joints when load it back. An easy fix is to bake the scaling to morphs when you're done with the editing.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes it does. Right-click your body morph dial and choose "Match Centers to Morph", and then save your morph to the library. When matching joint centers, the default is to include everything, but you can choose which ones you want to include.

"Match Centers to Morphs" works pretty well in Poser 11 but doesn't work in previous versions (it sort of works in Poser 10 with lots of supplemental coding tweaks)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
"Match Centers to Morphs" works pretty well in Poser 11 but doesn't work in previous versions (it sort of works in Poser 10 with lots of supplemental coding tweaks)

True. Even "Fit Rigging to Shape" in DS is not perfect. Sometimes it requires some joint adjustments, especially on ball-joints like the shoulders and thigh bones. I am just happy I don't have to do it entirely by hand. :)

RobZhena

Adventurous

Yes. I created heroine and hero versions of Pauline and Paul using scaling and created the morphs. Matching centers to morph worked perfectly.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And a few more buttocks size morphs. Note: these morphs are shaping morphs. I can create them and not show them here, but I've chosen to show them. These are not created with the intent to show a woman's body as mere objects, but to show the variety and beauty of the human body and to make available shapes that can be combined by the user for an appealing or desired result.

I have created sooo much more for this figure than just breasts and buttocks morphs. I will still create a few more buttocks morphs, such as a lower crease morph. May of these buttock shapes may seem more natural when combined with fuller thigh morphs still to come.

Dawn2Work422.JPG

Dawn 2 Base

Dawn2Work423.JPG

Size I

Dawn2Work424.JPG

Size 2 (full)

Dawn2Work425.JPG

Size 3 (Large)

Dawn2Work426.JPG

Size 3 (large)