• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Just to share this here, too, in case Chris is interested: Anatomy for Sculptors and Anatomy of Facial Expression are both on sale right now. I've seen the former reviewed by multiple people who said it was great, and I just looked at a video review of the latter that leafed through pretty much the whole thing and it seemed really good. They're mostly photos and images.
Understandable Anatomy Books For Artists

Also, just to say, the care you're taking with all these morphs in the base mesh (not "HD") is why I just prefer Dawn of all the modern Poser figures. I suspect I'd prefer her even if I was more of a G8/DS person for the same reason. I like to be able to do some sculpting myself. If the topology doesn't respect anatomy, it just doesn't sculpt well.

estherau

looking really good. I would like a morph for a straight back for a younger teen look. ie less lumbar lordosis, and less thoracic kyphosis (if possible). although no models have this really that i have seen so it must be technically difficult i suppose for 3d models for some reason. I'm not a modeller but just thought i'd throw in my request since everyone else is.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Chart

Attachments

• lumbar-lordosis-vs-cervical-kyphosis.jpg
    lumbar-lordosis-vs-cervical-kyphosis.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 248

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I've been MIA as of late. Sorry bout that folks. I've been sick and just didn't have the energy for anything productive really, that and trying to get ready for Christmas and family and the attention that is needed there.

Any who, I'm back in the saddle and feeling about 80% there now, which is enough to get going again on our lady Dawn 2.

Yay! Hoping to post more progress tonight before bed.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. At this time of year it's always harder to get through what's going on around you, if you're not at 100%.

Anyway, glad to hear you're "back in the saddle" so to speak, and look forward to seeing what else you come up with for Dawn 2.0.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks ladies.

I know I said Jaw line earlier, and I'll get there. But this sounded fun to dive into for now. Our Emaciated body morph. Nothing on the head for this part. I've worked over the neck, shoulders, torso, and starting on the hips.

This should be a good morph to use in degrees too. Should also work well for a zombie body.

Dawn2Work446.JPG

Dawn2Work447.JPG

Dawn2Work448.JPG

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you've gotten enough rest, and that you aren't pushing yourself too hard now that you're on the mend.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, let's hear it for anorexia. It will need some facial modification as well, but I would expect head and body to be separate.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry you weren't feeling well, Chris!

Thanks ladies.

I know I said Jaw line earlier, and I'll get there. But this sounded fun to dive into for now. Our Emaciated body morph. Nothing on the head for this part. I've worked over the neck, shoulders, torso, and starting on the hips.

This should be a good morph to use in degrees too. Should also work well for a zombie body.

View attachment 54980

View attachment 54981

View attachment 54982

This will need a drawn in face morph to accompany it. I've recently seen a woman that looks like this. I felt so bad for her. Didn't know if it were anorexia or some medical condition that's draining her. Was like seeing a skeleton with skin draped on it walking around. :(

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looks awesome, Chris! To include all the extra definition on the torso sides that Dawn never had until now. The hip bone protrusions also look more realistic in this version, as well as the neck and collar details. It's definitely a visible improvement. I think the new and cleaner topology contributes to it.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear you have been ill. Be sure to look after yourself.
Hope you had a wonderfull christmas. Health and family come first you know. :grouphug:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hey Chris. Happy Belated Christmas. Hope you were able to enjoy it a bit. Glad your on the mend sir.

Your emaciated morph looks awesome!