• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Tried out Maisie. She's kind of cute. Freebies for her at Rendo.

Maisie.png

Terre

Renowned
I just sent an email to someone who might be able to help. We'll see.
I just had another thought as well. Going to send an email to another person.

Last edited:

ladyfur

Eager
sky, i'm trying to catch up here but i had to say i shared the list of southernisms on the forum where i'm a mod because we have posters who will enjoy it. i did not link back to here i just said it was from a friend of terre's who is an artist. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Another beautiful autumn render....just love it!

Ladyfur, thanks for your message :)

Dani, I've always thought it would be cool to have "talking trees"...that is, rigged faces within the tree...but then the same thing could probably be accomplished by using 3Dream's Evo Face with a wooden texture....Evo Face is just a rigged head that can be put on any figure or prop. One project that I have not yet done that would be fun is the Wizard of Oz characters, since there are a lot of opportunities for comical animations and even a few surprises. With the Evo Face, textured appropriately, one could create a talking mirror, a tree, a stone, a book, a box...almost anything. If I remember correctly, 3Dream created hair for La Femme in P11.2, and also the Raffael model.

:coding:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) It's the only MS Office clone that I use, does everything, including having the ability to create PDF's.

I'm running down my list of regularly used programs as my new drive is due to arrive soon, and I'll need to begin the lengthy process of setting up the drive....so I'll have a busy week :) Here's a list of free utilities that I've used regularly over the past decade, and consider "must-have" for my regular workflow.

Desktop Calendar (displays transparent month calendar on desktop)

AMP Calendar (12 month calendar viewer)

DS Clock

ClocX (displays analog clock on desktop)

Font Explorer

e-Sword (free Bible software)

Irfanview (image, .gif and flash viewer)

VLC Media Player (lightweight alternative to Windows Media Player)

Photofiltre (free imaging software for quick edits....my PDF tutorial is here)

Audacity audio recorder and editor

Any Video Converter

:coding: