• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken, I have made a fix for this. Send me a sitemail if you would like to test it.

Thank you, I will test it today and send you the feedback. I used to be part of the Poser beta-testing team with SMS, but Jenn is [so far] not replying to my requests to re-join it at Rendo. If I manage to get back into Poser beta-testing, I will open a ticket to address this issue, since you have already identified the causes.

It's very possible SM hasn't closed down that server yet. I wouldn't wait too long to at least update the software. The content zips can wait. I haven't done those yet, though looked through them to see what I'm actually going to install.

Oh yes, I have changed my PP2014 Game Dev license still on the 19th, because there is a chance we might need the SMS servers to still be online to validate the change. It has worked for me, if it doesn't work for you, and you have missed the deadline, that might be the reason why.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I just don't want people to panic, if they have not yet updated.

The product does NOT "phone home" every day, so even if the SMS servers are off line, until that happens, they can still use the older version.

And a reminder to those who haven't update yet, if your version of Poser 11 DOES stop working before you get a chance to update it, all you have to do is download and install the new version and you'll be back in business.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yes, I have changed my PP2014 Game Dev license still on the 19th, because there is a chance we might need the SMS servers to still be online to validate the change. It has worked for me, if it doesn't work for you, and you have missed the deadline, that might be the reason why.
Oh I updated yesterday with no problem. Then again, I never had PP2014 Game Dev, so that wasn't an issue for me. I was just responding to Alisa's comment that she hasn't updated yet.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just don't want people to panic, if they have not yet updated.

The product does NOT "phone home" every day, so even if the SMS servers are off line, until that happens, they can still use the older version
Yes, IIRC, the grace period is 7 days between each "phone home" event.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I know Jenn said it is for the new version, not sure if that was true for the SMS version or not, and I don't know of any way to check when the last time one's version phoned home...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Over here, PP2014GD will show me that license box warning if I launch it without internet connection. In addition, I can see the network activity going high when I launch it, so it's definitely calling home. Here again, this only affects PP2014GD. Like Alisa said, you can always download the Rendo version of P11, even after your license stops responding.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I updated and all seems good except for a missing set of textures.
There are two hair sets, Eleanor and Oynx but no textures.
I've looked in every folder and sub-folder to see if they were misplaced but they are not there.
I do hope we get them soon, I like the looks of the Eleanor hair. :)

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Anyone tried the Area Render tool yet?

In 11.1 I had to manually composite; 11.2 now does it automatically ... small fix, but IMO a very welcome one ;)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Seems to me SM has never been bound by time. They'll shut down those servers... DAZ soon! :sneaky:
Already done. My machines were running a beta license, which "phones home" more frequently than a purchased license. PPro2014 Game Dev and P11.1Pro were working this morning but were dead when I checked about noon.

I installed P11.2, entered a purchased PPro2014 Game Dev license, and this workstation has P11.2 running. :D I have a couple of purchased P11Pro keys, but I wanted to check that PPro2014GD licenses were accepted. They are indeed. :laugh:

The PoserSupport installer failed, however; MalwareBytes blocked it as "ransomware". I don't see a means of reporting it as a false positive. I don't know how to get around this.
PoserSupport_tmp blocked as ransomware - details.PNG

Oh, I found (purchased, not beta) keys for PPro2014 (*not* Game Dev), so I should be able to downgrade my PPro2014 Game Dev installs to PPro2014 and be able to do compatibility testing for P10.:p

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I also had errors on both versions of the two executables when I ran the installs. The install continued after the error, and I don't remember what the error was.

Of course not. You can't expect me to actually LOOK at an error that pops up, right? I mean ... none of the hundred or so people I support ever document an error, and most of the time they don't even report it. Over the last few months, I've added code to the Case Management system I support to record all errors in a table, rather than just displaying the error. I've fixed a number of little errors which were easily fixed ... if only someone had reported them.

Hornet3d

Wise
Already done. My machines were running a beta license, which "phones home" more frequently than a purchased license. PPro2014 Game Dev and P11.1Pro were working this morning but were dead when I checked about noon.

I installed P11.2, entered a purchased PPro2014 Game Dev license, and this workstation has P11.2 running. :D I have a couple of purchased P11Pro keys, but I wanted to check that PPro2014GD licenses were accepted. They are indeed. :laugh:

The PoserSupport installer failed, however; MalwareBytes blocked it as "ransomware". I don't see a means of reporting it as a false positive. I don't know how to get around this.
View attachment 51516

Oh, I found (purchased, not beta) keys for PPro2014 (*not* Game Dev), so I should be able to downgrade my PPro2014 Game Dev installs to PPro2014 and be able to do compatibility testing for P10.:p

Glad you have a way to get PPro2014 running.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
After downloading the update and some of the content files, I installed(it is a new/clean installation). On starting Poser, I am given a popup:- "Unable to contact license server. You must have an active internet connection to renew your lease"
I have 2 main issues with that:-

1. Why does it state "renew your lease"? Is is not a license? A lease usually runs out after a period of time.

2. On the website "Posersoftware[dot]com" it states "Product requires your choice of online or offline activation.". So why do I not have the choice? With SM, I could get offline activation.

What joy.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You have to contact Renderosity to get offline activation.

McGyver

Energetic
I know this is a dumb question, but I had a problem once with an older version when I had to reinstall...

The reinstall shouldn’t mess with my runtime folders... ?

Hornet3d

Wise
I know this is a dumb question, but I had a problem once with an older version when I had to reinstall...

The reinstall shouldn’t mess with my runtime folders... ?

I have reinstalled using the new update, choosing to use my existing preferences as I stepped through the pre-install process. I thought it would at least keep my preferred set up and default screen. Imagine my surprise when I found it had maintained all of my runtimes in the library the only change being adding the new Poser 11 runtime with a lot of new content.