• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Great image. That using some of Ant Farm's new set?

yep sure is... works great in Carrara with a few adjustments ;)

@robert952 thanks for the comments/info..

yes, I modeled the periscope brace yesterday very quickly, I also modeled the fokker triplane.. I used this image as a guide for the periscope brace.

periscope rifle.jpg

more info can be read here on who designed it.

I'll do another one sometime and use some of your tips.. thanks

Hornet3d

Wise
They had barely jumped into the RX before they were bailing out once more. The sound of something approaching was the first sound they had heard in three days but the sound made them wish it had lasted through day four. As they exited the vehicle in a hurry they each grabbed the nearest weapon and headed for the rear of the RX, putting it between them and the approaching threat. Sneaking a look Turlough was intrigued, Caoimhe on the other hand was immediately alarmed, Centennials, three of them and that meant trouble. Of more concern was the two centenarians, they should be shooting the Centennials on sight yet they seem to be over seeing them as they methodically searched the buildings.

Almost in a whisper Caoimhe addressed Turlough. "You take down the lead Centenarian, then shot at anything still standing I'll start hitting the Centennials." She was annoyed it was that way around each was better placed to take the opposite target but in this case the choice of weapons was more important. Turlough's response was not what she expected to wanted to hear. "Well that narrows my choice down to five".

"Point your gun at the big guy in the white closest to us and pull the trigger, then do the same with his mate if you are still alive. On the count of three one, two, thr....."

Abandoned City 2.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
They had barely jumped into the RX before they were bailing out once more. The sound of something approaching was the first sound they had heard in three days but the sound made them wish it had lasted through day four. As they exited the vehicle in a hurry they each grabbed the nearest weapon and headed for the rear of the RX, putting it between them and the approaching threat. Sneaking a look Turlough was intrigued, Caoimhe on the other hand was immediately alarmed, Centennials, three of them and that meant trouble. Of more concern was the two centenarians, they should be shooting the Centennials on sight yet they seem to be over seeing them as they methodically searched the buildings.

Almost in a whisper Caoimhe addressed Turlough. "You take down the lead Centenarian, then shot at anything still standing I'll start hitting the Centennials." She was annoyed it was that way around each was better placed to take the opposite target but in this case the choice of weapons was more important. Turlough's response was not what she expected to wanted to hear. "Well that narrows my choice down to five".

"Point your gun at the big guy in the white closest to us and pull the trigger, then do the same with his mate if you are still alive. On the count of three one, two, thr....."

View attachment 44435
there is a lot to see here, I like that

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough was moving even before Caiomhe had finished the count, throwing himself full length into the road as he sent the first burst of energy towards the massive white figure. The response was rapid and massive figure returned fire in an instant before he was floored by Turlough's energy bolt. Turlough felt the heat of shot as it scorched a line in the road close to him, luckily for him he was still rolling and responded by sending the next pulse at the second large figure. Caiomhe meantime had wiped out two of the Centennials missing the third who, although furthest away was already speeding towards them. Her line of sight was now blocked by the RX she moved towards Turlough in the hope she could get a second shot in time but, by the time she reached his side he had already downed the speeding Centennial.

She looked down on him with a mixture of relief and surprise. "Well I have to give it to you, once you get the message you really can shoot". Turlough returned the gaze. "Look, on my planet a Centenarian is someone who is 100 year old or older and not a massive robot. They don't tend to be armed and thus you do not tend to shoot them.

Abandoned City 3A HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
It was dark by the time they reached the last place on the list of possible bolt holes and the small generator connected to the few light sources available did little to light the massive hall. The light was however strong enough to program a FMT (Follow My Track) Drone and attach a emissive globe underneath. It was still risky to investigate a location this large as the globe only lit the area immediately around them leaving many corners in the dark where dangers could lurk but scans had shown no life, so they took the risk. They did not need to step too far into the vast space before realising this could indeed be just the place to set up a mobile command and control unit and lab. Not only that it was a location where it could be easy to arrange some serious defence capability around. They would look at the drone data collection on their return to the ship but this looked a distinct possibility.

Possible Contender HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
It was dark by the time they reached the last place on the list of possible bolt holes and the small generator connected to the few light sources available did little to light the massive hall. The light was however strong enough to program a FMT (Follow My Track) Drone and attach a emissive globe underneath. It was still risky to investigate a location this large as the globe only lit the area immediately around them leaving many corners in the dark where dangers could lurk but scans had shown no life, so they took the risk. They did not need to step too far into the vast space before realising this could indeed be just the place to set up a mobile command and control unit and lab. Not only that it was a location where it could be easy to arrange some serious defence capability around. They would look at the drone data collection on their return to the ship but this looked a distinct possibility.

View attachment 44493
great sense of size, which is harder to do then one might think

Hornet3d

Wise

Thanks, yes my original idea was top concentrate the render on the figures but realised that it could be a render of any sized room. On the other hand it looked a bit boring with so much empty space either side, which is why I went for the lighting as it is in an attempt to have something of interest there, like the glimpse of the lion figures.

robert952

Brilliant
It was dark by the time they reached the last place on the list of possible bolt holes and the small generator connected to the few light sources available did little to light the massive hall.
This is reminiscent of a scene I recall from one of the Dune movies where the characters walk under a floating light. I remember because like this it gave the atmosphere of a large space and focused on the characters.

Hornet3d

Wise
This is reminiscent of a scene I recall from one of the Dune movies where the characters walk under a floating light. I remember because like this it gave the atmosphere of a large space and focused on the characters.

Now you mention it I think I remember the scene. I have a lot of art books many of which are about the art work of particular movies and I often scan them when my imagination is struggling. I suspect many of my renders use elements I have seen in those books, I say suspect because it is more subconscious than a conscious process going on as I could never point to the particular illustration that inspired the render.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was surprised and impressed, at the start of the day she would have settled for having the comms units set up but they had achieved so much. In addition to the comms they had the basis of a lab up and running and the bare minimum of armaments protecting the building. Working with Turlough had also been a revelation, unlike many men he seemed to have no problems with taking orders from a women and just got on with the job. He showed no signs of being intimidated though and gave input when he thought it was important, and often it was. They made a good team but she wondered how long it would last.

Mobile Command HW.jpg