• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Perfect Pelvis for Dawn

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Why stop at the eyes? I think a toned down Jocelyn Wildenstein could be quite beautiful.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I haven't used Cats Eyes in a while so don't recall, but I don't think it's just an eye morph for Sora.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cats Eyes is a lovely full Character (face/body and textures) but for Poser only.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You are rockin' these! Great to see such passion! (And speed!....I need to work on speed....)

This one wasn't so fast. I have been testing it in my renders for months, adjusting it over time. Just now I think it was ready to go, because I have started using it in EVERY render, like it's mandatory. That's when I know it's ready. ^^

I'm just waiting for Ken to put out a face morph pack to mix and match with the bodies lol

On that one, I have been concentrating on things I believe Dawn really lacks, and nobody else was doing it. I have just checked my library, and I happen to have 54 characters for Dawn, where each includes 1 or more character face shapes. However, the included body shapes look bland, generic, and uninspiring - hence my "Body Type" series. In other words, I believe Dawn has plenty of faces, but very little body shapes variety. Body Type-8 is still on QAV and have not been released yet, but I think that will be the last one for a while.

I just needed to fix the pelvis bending, and I think this package does just that. I regret I haven't had this idea sooner, because I still cringe my teeth when I look at some of my older Dawn renders. Depending on the pose, it really shows. But no more! It's now fixable with a mouse click in both Poser and DS. ^__^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I thought it was a full body morph.

CatsEyes is a full body and head character I made for Sora, and she comes with complete skin textures and make-ups. As a matter of fact, she includes some more advanced make-up options based on overlays, where we can mix and match eye shadows with different eyeliners. I love being able to do that! ^^

However, I have often used her on Dawn SE, because Sora's head morph can be applied without the body, and so can CatsEyes. That is, CatsEyes can be used head-only with any body shape you like, to include any of the "Body Type" series. Just apply the Sora head first.

Maybe people don't remember, but Toon Hikari was my first full character (body + head) for Dawn. As CatsEyes, she includes full body textures, nail polish, and make-up options. Her body shape is quite unique as well. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Pretty well spent out after Black Friday (week) and Cyber Monday but this is a must have so I am ready with credit Card in hand.

I find this essential for my renders nowadays. Some people may not notice the difference, but I do. :)

I have Alexis for Dawn and Axel for Dusk, but I don't really consider them toon-ish characters. I don't have the toon horse, which is what I would consider toon-ish.

I think I bought *all* of 3DU toon characters. Alexis and Axel are the least toonish from the bunch, so I think Willow is the only toon one for Dawn. It amazing that CC3 Transformer can import morphs from a variety of different figures, and they tend to come out quite faithful on the CC3 base figure. I didn't even know that was possible, but now that it is, I wish we could do that in Poser.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, Willow seems toon-ish to me too, which is why I haven't gotten her, even though she is cute. Just not the character style I'm used to working with.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some people have been asking me if "Perfect Pelvis" (PP) would be of any help with clothed characters. Well, that was one of the major reasons why I made this correction set. If the underlying figure's shape is squashed and/or stretched, so will be the clothing fitting to it. Showing is better than explaining, so take a look on the examples below, where I use Sora's Tenacity leotard to illustrate the issues with leg posing, and how they affect clothing with and without PP.

Note that in some cases I am using the Morphing Tool on the leotard to smooth out the results with PP applied, but notice that would NOT help if the underlying pelvis (without PP) were badly deformed by the legs posing, as shown on the left side. It's basically unfixable without PP because you would also have to fix the underlying figure shape as well.

I think the results speak for themselves. Even if you may have to smooth out the clothing a bit, at least it's feasible thanks to PP fixing the underlying figure shape. Hope this helps people understand that although PP would obviously help with nude renders, it also plays an important role with clothed ones as well. :)

Clothing.jpg

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Some people have been asking me if "Perfect Pelvis" (PP) would be of any help with clothed characters. Well, that was one of the major reasons why I made this correction set. If the underlying figure figure's shape is squashed and/or stretched, so will be the clothing fitting to it. Showing is better than explaining, so take a look on the examples below, where I use Sora's Tenacity leotard to illustrate the issues with leg posing, and how they affect clothing with and without PP.

Note that in some cases I am using the Morphing Tool on the leotard to smooth out the results with PP applied, but notice that would NOT help if the underlying pelvis (without PP) were badly deformed by the legs posing, as shown on the left side. It's basically unfixable without PP because you would also have to fix the underlying figure shape as well.

I think the results speak for themselves. Even if you may have to smooth out the clothing a bit, at least it's feasible thanks to PP fixing the underlying figure shape. Hope this helps people understand that although PP would obviously help with nude renders, it also plays an important role with clothed ones as well. :)

View attachment 43129

Well explained and demonstrated, thanks.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Some people have been asking me if "Perfect Pelvis" (PP) would be of any help with clothed characters. Well, that was one of the major reasons why I made this correction set. If the underlying figure's shape is squashed and/or stretched, so will be the clothing fitting to it. Showing is better than explaining, so take a look on the examples below, where I use Sora's Tenacity leotard to illustrate the issues with leg posing, and how they affect clothing with and without PP.
I'm thinking I could've used this a couple of renders ago, where a pair of slacks for Dawn, didn't fit correctly across the lower pelvis, even though they were dynamic. It will be the first one I try it on. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, I forgot about how dynamic clothing would benefit from this as well, since it will assume whatever shape is below it - and it won't need any smoothing. :)