• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Doubtful. I'm having to go where the money is as this is my only income and I have to pay bills etc so have to spend all my time on creating for the more popular characters.
Certainly understandable. We all have to make a living the best way we can. Just don't be a total stranger, and stop in now and then to say hello.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I don't think she'll be removing her products from the store here. If I understand her correctly, she's just not going to be making anything new for Dawn, and I would assume that's both Poser and DS.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, just had to check for the directory. And one of the nice things about Dynamic clothing is it can be scaled to at least closely fit almost any figure. So as long as there's a material file and obj. file to go with it, almost any figure can still use it.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, as long as an OBJ file is included. I'm not sure what Dawn's preference is, especially for DS/Genesis outfits, but I've found a lot of vendors at other stores (not sure about here at the Hive), don't include the OBJ files because all the geometry info is in the DUF and data files.

eclark1894

Visionary
True, as long as an OBJ file is included. I'm not sure what Dawn's preference is, especially for DS/Genesis outfits, but I've found a lot of vendors at other stores (not sure about here at the Hive), don't include the OBJ files because all the geometry info is in the DUF and data files.
Well, that was one of the issues I brought up once before. Poser can't convert to .duf, but Studio can convert to OBJ. And Poser does have the morph brush and the fitting Room.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but I never liked the converted/exported OBJ files. If I'm not mistaken though, the vendor created the set in a modeling app, so there IS the original OBJ, which would work better.

I don't know if a DS converted/exported OBJ is unwelded like a Poser created OBJ is, so if it isn't, then I guess it would be OK, but if it's as unwelded as a Poser OBJ, then it's pretty much useless.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yes, not been on forums for quite some time, but I am on Facebook most days, not sure if you are all FB people, I know a few on here are there.

I won't be doing Dawn in either programme, V4, or Poser stuff anymore, but what is up at HW will remain.

I don't add OBJ in the files, I wasn't sure how popular they would be considering it's a genesis8 figure I make for at the moment. How easy (if possible) can it be used in poser? I remember a tutorial by lululee some time ago, but wasn't sure if that was G3F or G8F, and if it was the latest, how many use it?

You can export the obj directly from DAZ, I tend to use the settings below, although some may use different, I find these don't cut the garment and is one piece when I launch in hex. One thing you have to do though is to turn the resolution from subD to base before exporting, (if the garment has been subD'd) and remove everything else from the scene.

upload_2018-11-11_16-59-34.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the screenshot of the settings Dawn, and it's good to know it exports welded. That's the one thing I always hate about Poser, but then I always keep my original OBJs from Blender, so not a problem.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I was always told to strip the geo from the prop and put the obj in the geometry folder, so you wouldn't really need to do that, just go to the geo folder and pinch it. Having said that I can't remember if a figure obj is spliced or not when it comes to conforming. I know dynamic clothes wouldn't be as they aren't cut up in the process.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Doubtful. I'm having to go where the money is as this is my only income and I have to pay bills etc so have to spend all my time on creating for the more popular characters.

I totally understand, Dawn! It's sad though...because I feel that Dawn is such a superior figure, SO pose-able... and I ADORE Poser - for it's easy sub-division and cloth room AND fast RENDERING with no speckles, no tying up my machine...and on and on... BUT I do get it... so THANK YOU, DAWN for creating the wonderful dynamic clothing that you DID create for Dawn... those (and even the ones for V4) are 'staples' in my library. I'm glad too, that you are leaving those at HW too. :grouphug:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was always told to strip the geo from the prop and put the obj in the geometry folder, so you wouldn't really need to do that, just go to the geo folder and pinch it. Having said that I can't remember if a figure obj is spliced or not when it comes to conforming. I know dynamic clothes wouldn't be as they aren't cut up in the process.
The OBJ is in the Geometries folder for conforming clothes as well, but when you do certain things in Poser, such as creating the conforming clothing, and then saving it as a CR2, I believe poser creates an OBJ along with the CR2. I also think it does that with PP2s as well, and those OBJs are unwelded. That's why I delete those OBJs and change the path in the CR2 and/or PP2 file to look for the original OBJ in the Geometries folder, which IS welded.

eclark1894

Visionary
The OBJ is in the Geometries folder for conforming clothes as well, but when you do certain things in Poser, such as creating the conforming clothing, and then saving it as a CR2, I believe poser creates an OBJ along with the CR2. I also think it does that with PP2s as well, and those OBJs are unwelded. That's why I delete those OBJs and change the path in the CR2 and/or PP2 file to look for the original OBJ in the Geometries folder, which IS welded.
That is the case as I've seen it, which is something I did not know or understand when I first started making clothing for Poser.

eclark1894

Visionary
Can someone help me find the thread here at Hivewire where we first started talking about D-Force? I want to re-read some stuff. Thanks.

Hornet3d

Wise

Like other I totally understand but it us sad news indeed as so many of your efforts are part of my Dawn runtime. Looking at it with a glass half full principle it is so good that you have created so many quality products for Dawn and I will be able to continue to use them so thank you for all your effort. The fact that I am now a frequent user of dynamics is in a very large part down to you so thank you for adding yet another aspect to my hobby and adding to the the fun.

I wish you all the best in pastures new and please come back when you can and let us know how it is all going, irrespective of the figure or the software you are making content for.

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a question. Please don't attack me. It's really just curiosity on my part, but sometimes asking questions seems to get me yelled at. If you need to make more money, limiting your product line and part of your customer base seems counterintuitive to me. Would it not make more sense to raise your prices on some products instead? I know that this market seems to resist price increases, but they seem okay with letting people struggle to make ends meet. And I'm not even talking about a lot of money. I got sliced and diced a while back for daring to suggest that charging 50 cents for converting an object from one format to another was okay. But if the alternative is to see you cut out clothing for a figure like Dawn altogether, maybe you could do a limited run of clothing for her instead, with an small price increase and see how that affects your sales.