• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Hornet3d

Wise
OMG, Diana Rigg in the Avengers! One of my all-time favorite of her roles, was that of Emma Peel, with Patrick Macnee as John Steed. I loved watching that showing.

And now being re-run in the UK on one of the smaller cable channels.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I'm jealous!!! They used to show it once in a while on BBC America, but it's been a long time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Derry Girls is my favourite show right now. It is a comedy set during the sectarian war in Northern Ireland and has a mix of funny stuff with some reminders of life in those dark years. But it's mostly just really funny. It's on Netflix and Channel 4 Online and they are making a second series soon.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Aw, I just looked on Netflix and Derry Girls isn't on Netflix here.

D

Deleted member 325

For a while I was rather enjoying Rebels - but it has ended now. That cartoon reminded me in so many ways of my days running the old West End Games version of the Star Wars RPG. I swear, some of the interactions and situations are things I had seen my old gaming groups do or come very close too. Saddened by the overall community at large's reaction to Solo... I had talked my brother into going though he was resistant and critical, and we both enjoyed it very much. I felt of all of the newer Star Wars films it was the closest to the feeling of the original trilogy (I hate the prequels...they don't count). It had a consistent score, the characters fit together in that haphazard way of the originals, the slow parts didn't seem to drag unnecessarily, I felt the actor playing a young Han gave it a decent effort (it's hard to step into Harrison Ford's shoes in that role). It is a shame the box office sales were considered a flop because that means it is the formula least likely to be repeated now...and it all seems to have been over nonsense unrelated to the actual film from what little I have read online.

I just finished Season 1 of Sirens, not sure how I feel about it yet. Started on Season 1 of Knightfall, and really like that so far (except I keep expecting a guy in a hood to leap out of a bush and kill someone...gamer joke). I have missed out on most of this season of 2 shows I wanted to follow and had been, so I can't say where I stand on them currently: Elementary, and the 100.

That's been my viewing lately.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Season 2 of Anne with an E is finally on Netflix, and I am down to the last two episodes of Season 2. So sad :(

I absolutely love this series, and Amybeth McNulty is absolutely perfect as Anne Shirley.

I don't recall ever reading Anne of Green Gables, which on one hand is truly amazing considering all the books I read when I was young (including all the volumes of our Encyclopedia Britannica). But ... at the age I would have been introduced to Anne of Green Gables, I was firmly ensconced in the world of Oz, which was followed by Bradbury and co, and Agatha Christie.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It looks like that might work, thank you Bonnie!

Anne of Green Gables was one I didn't read either. I read every other classic under the sun, Austin, Twain, My first book though was A Wrinkle in Time and that book got me hooked on reading.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
One of my favorite series was one called Abandoned America. It's a documentary about places that are dying, decaying or uninhabitable. It looks at places like Detroit, a city that mined itself into poisoning in Oklahoma, Chernobyl and even a ghost town in California that just died off. Well I found something that reminds me a lot of this on Netflix tonight called Dark Tourist. A New Zealand journalist goes to weird places. Places where "dark tourists" actually go to vacation. He went to the nuclear fallout zone in Japan (and there was a tour bus with everyone carrying Geiger counters!), one of the places where Russians did a bunch of nuclear testing and lots others.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's interesting Janet, because last year there was a cable TV program he was staring in, but I don't recall the name. Evidently it didn't last.

Nod

Adventurous
I like loads of shows. My favourites vary, but it's usually Bilko, earlier Doctor Who (as I think the writing has dropped in quality over the last few years), and Family Guy.

Then, there's The IT Crowd, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Inbetweeners, Father Ted, One Foot In The Grave, Only Fools & Horses, Steptoe & Son, Married With Children, Toast Of London, Lexx, Monty Python, Red Dwarf, The Avengers, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Columbo, Murdoch Mysteries, Midsomer Murders, Poirot, Fringe, Archer, Being Human, Almost Human, The Flash (both versions, Arrow,Gotham, Stranger Things, Happ & Leonard, and Bosch.

I also like all the Star Treks, apart from Discovery, which is mince.

Nod

Adventurous
If I have to pick a favorite of all time though (remember I am in the UK) it would be the shows introduced by Edgar Lustgarten (which, as a 10 year old I thought was a brilliant name). Two such shows I do remember were Scotland Yard and the Scales of Justice. Both series dealt with reporting real crimes and were produced for the cinema in the 1960s and made in to the small screen ten years or so later.

Talking Pictures TV has been repeating them, as well as The Edgar Wallace Mysteries.

Nod

Adventurous
OMG, Diana Rigg in the Avengers! One of my all-time favorite of her roles, was that of Emma Peel, with Patrick Macnee as John Steed. I loved watching that showing.
As a point of trivia, when they were looking for a replacement for Cathy Gale (Honor Blackman), they were deciding on the qualities and the name of the character. They wanted a sexier sidekick with "Man Appeal", and someone wrote it down as M Appeal. The rest is history.

I have the complete set. (Well as complete as you can get, seeing as a lot of early episodes were erased, as it was shot on video tape which was reused.) It has the first half of the first episode, where Steed teams up with David Keel (the main character) to "avenge" the murder of Keel's wife, hence the title of the show.

Nod

Adventurous
So... last night I was watching something on Youtube. Don't even remember what it was now, but it reminded me of a show I used to love watching back in the 70s. No, it wasn't a cartoon or a sitcom. In fact it was an educational program on PBS called ... well, I'll get to that in a moment, because last night I couldn't remember the name of the show or the host. It nearly drove me crazy not being able to remember. But I couldn't so I just went to bed. So today, I'm at work, and all of a sudden the name of the show popped into my head. Still couldn't remember the host, but I'd wanted to look it up on Youtube and I needed the name of the show to do that, so I looked it up. Sure enough, there are several episodes of the show there. The show's name is Connections, and the host was named James Burke. This was an excellent show, and you ALWAYS learned stuff and it was entertaining as well. Burke just killed me with his British sense of humor. I had a couple of professors like this guy in college too.

So just for the sake of letting you see what I found so entertaining, here's a link to episode 1.

James Burke used to be on a show called Tomorrow's World, which showed you various wonders that were coming out like CD's (which were made of toughened glass at the time), or auto-focus lenses for cameras. It was live, so something usually went wrong for the team. He then did various solo shows, like the one you saw. Another good one, was a show called Think Of A Number with Johnny Ball. He did things, like showing how tough teeth were, by super gluing them to a drill bit, then drilling through a house brick. After that, he'd show how strong stomach acid was, by dropping a tooth into it and dissolving it!

Miss B

CV-BEE
They wanted a sexier sidekick with "Man Appeal", and someone wrote it down as M Appeal. The rest is history.
That is interesting, as I don't recall ever reading about that anywhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I also like all the Star Treks, apart from Discovery, which is mince.
I haven't watched Discovery, and I didn't like Enterprise, but all the other earlier versions were good.

That said, my all time favorite Sci-Fi TV series was Babylon 5.

Miss B

CV-BEE
She was apparently going to be called Martha Peel as well! Doesn't have the same ring to it. :laugh:
No it doesn't. There's something appealing about Emma. Martha just makes me think of someone's mother, or even grandmother.