• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Have them here in Aus too, growing up most school shoes come from Clarks Shoes (and I don't know if that has changed much) although I don't know if there are stores, I think its just the brand of shoes (but that logo is the same)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There ya go! :D

Ohhhh, now that I look at the store's sign, I remember Clark's shoes here in the US too, but in other stores, not their own. In fact, I just went into my closet to check, and I have a pair of Clark Shearling short boots (short as in just up over the ankles). I haven't worn them in years, because our winters aren't as cold as they were 20-25 years ago. Hmmm, there not in bad condition either.

eclark1894

Visionary
What I've wasted my weekend on so far...
Accessories!
upload_2018-6-17_6-36-18.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Doesn't look a waste of time to me either Earl. I'm liking the way you set that up, though I might just give them a drop more room. They look a bit too crowded to me. Of course, just my 2¢ FWIW.

eclark1894

Visionary
Doesn't look a waste of time to me either Earl. I'm liking the way you set that up, though I might just give them a drop more room. They look a bit too crowded to me. Of course, just my 2¢ FWIW.
Well, it's a wall display for the boutique and after I put it in place against one of the walls, it just looked so small.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I can imagine that. Also consider placing 2 purses of similar size on a shelf. Doing so will you to lengthen each of the shelves, and that alone will make it longer. Then check into placing each row of shelves a little higher than they are currently, which will eventually make it taller. Then it would take up more of the wall. I don't think it needs to take up the whole wall, but certainly 1/3 to 1/2 of the wall would look good. The rest of the wall can be for displaying the shoes. Again, just a thought.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh OK. I was visualizing it from the end of the wall towards the center, but I see what you mean when placing it centered on the wall. That doesn't look too bad. Can you do a closeup . . . well closer, so that Dawn and the purses are more in view? It would be easier to see how the look as if we were in the store looking at them ourselves.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that definitely gives the feeling of what it would really be like if you walked into the store.

I would suggest you get rid of the top shelves, and move that small purple purse to the empty shelf on the right. Dawn's supposedly over 6' tall, and reaching that top shelf, even viewing it, wouldn't be that easy.

Only other thing is, the shelf above the tall white purse in the left column needs to be lifted a fraction, as the shelf above it looks like it's going to crush it. Make it even with the shelf above the white purse in the second column from the right, the one with the small blue purse on it. Or, move the white purse to the empty spot on the right, and move the purple purse from the top left to where the white purse is now on the left. Otherwise, they look pretty nicely spaced.

eclark1894

Visionary
What's the difference between a handbag, pocketbook and a purse?o_O

Would you be interested in a laptop or tablet that doubled as a purse?

Leana

Enthusiast
What's the difference between a handbag, pocketbook and a purse?o_O
I'm not a native English speaker, so take it with a grain of salt, but if I remember my English classes correctly, in American English purse and handbag would be equivalent, while in British English a purse would be a smaller bag to put your coins in and that you would have in your handbag.
Never heard the term "pocketbook".

The bag shelves look great so far.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not a native English speaker, so take it with a grain of salt, but if I remember my English classes correctly, in American English purse and handbag would be equivalent, while in British English a purse would be a smaller bag to put your coins in and that you would have in your handbag.
Never heard the term "pocketbook".

The bag shelves look great so far.
Thanks. After a little more research, I'm to understand that the term "pocketbook" is rather old school. When I was a child, women carried "pocketbooks, and purses. Sometime after I reach puberty I guess, Women started calling them handbags. So basically it seems to boil down to no difference, just interchangeable.

For the record though, I think a "purse" can be used interchangeably with a coin purse, a small bag or a wallet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think making the walls narrower might be a good idea. As for the last screenshot you posted, that's looking better, as it doesn't look so cluttered. I would watch the top two shelves on the left, as the tall white bag just over dawn's left shoulder looks as if it's about to be crushed. Having them at different heights from each other horizontally will make it look more interesting. Nothing more boring than objects lined up perfectly symmetrical.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think making the walls narrower might be a good idea. As for the last screenshot you posted, that's looking better, as it doesn't look so cluttered. I would watch the top two shelves on the left, as the tall white bag just over dawn's left shoulder looks as if it's about to be crushed. Having them at different heights from each other horizontally will make it look more interesting. Nothing more boring than objects lined up perfectly symmetrical.

The white bags are just placeholders. The danger here, while not needing as many props as the super market is needing more details in the bags and shoes. I can't just array them and I need more variety other than color.