• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It rained most of the night and has paused for now, but more rain is expected later. It's very warm though, already 17C.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
19C where I'm at right now. A little chilly for this area at this time of year, but we're expecting rain today or tomorrow, and it usually cools down a day or so ahead of the rain when we get it. Still expected to reach about 26C at the high point for today, though.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, it's a bit warmer where you are Seliah, but not by much. It's currently 64ºF, or 17ºC, downstate from you, and I think we've already hit the high for the day.

At least the horrific humidity we had yesterday is gone, though probably not for long.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
At least the horrific humidity we had yesterday is gone, though probably not for long.

That's one thing I'm immensely grateful for. Usually by now we are so humid that the air is too thick to breathe easily. I'm counting my blessings for us not really getting much for humidity yet. We had a fair bit of it the other day, but it's only been a bit here or there so far.

I'm sure we'll get ours later on. Usually about August is when this area has it's nasty summer stretch. At least by then, we won't still be harvesting the mulberries, as they usually finish up around late June or early July...

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Yesterday when I was heading home from work, the weather was okay, but not raining. As soon as we got near my home it started to dump. I had to get out of the taxi to walk down my driveway in the rain. Of course I could not ask the taxi driver to stay there until it stopped raining so I would not get wet. I got wet. Today the weather is fine.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Almost forgot, it is just after midnight and 11C at the moment. I woke up a few minutes ago and opened my bedroom window, and it's so nice and cool.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Last few days here on the south coast of NSW has been rainy and cold with temps around 15c during the day.. colder during the nights.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
friggin cold.... and miserable... where has that yellow thing gone.. o_O

upload_2018-6-8_12-6-29.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The weather here is currently 78ºF, with a prediction of an 81ºF high for the day. The humidity's not too bad, so should be fairly comfortable.

Hornet3d

Wise
iPhones don't like it either, I learned that the hard way. :(

Most smartphones hate moisture and they do not have to be dropped in it or be used in heavy rain to fall victim as sudden changes in temperature can cause condensation in some. It also does not need much as all have a moisture detector pad inside so even if that is not the cause of a fault and subsequent failure will not be repaired under warranty. In my few years in a phone shop I found the most common failures of the iPhone were cracked screens and moisture ingress. Not a failure as such but lost/stolen phones were equally as common.

Terre

Renowned
Sudden changes in temperature? So the customer has to pay for an engineering limitation/flaw. That sucks.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sudden changes in temperature? So the customer has to pay for an engineering limitation/flaw. That sucks.

I wouldn't argue with that and it was also an excuse in many cases. I opened a couple of smartphones a day dealing with battery problems, not on the iPhone of course, and it was regular to see the tab inside the phone as having turned red yet the phone still worked but any fault in the future would not have been repaired based there having been moisture ingress. Believe me you do not need to drop a phone in water to turn such a test strip red, you might even happen if you have the phone in a bathroom when you take a shower. Also the phones are not waterproof, many battery covers have no rubber seals, and even those phone with non replaceable batteries are not sealed, take the headphone socket for instance.

That said the phone makers are not alone in playing fast and loose, how about the petrol stations who profess to dispense fuel of a certain brand when they do not, the brand delivered merely depends on who owns the refinery/storage site closest for the delivery driver after his previous delivery. Or the insurance companies that agree a standard charge for car accident repair, so any repair below the agreed price the repair shop make but they lose out on major repairs. This can result in repair shops where they will scavenge parts from other vehicles to complete a major repair. Which is why a customer can come back complaining of rust in a door that was replaced after only a year or so, what the customer does not know is that the door was already a few years old when replaced. Of course the insurance companies and repair shops will deny all of this but I have seen it with my own eyes and an accepted practice in some repair shops. What about the computer repair shops where the technicians take personal copies of any photos or music that take their fancy. This should be a sackable offence but I have worked briefly in some small companies where even the owner has his own interesting store of copied data. Not only that customers are fobbed with fault reports being told it is the manufacturer's problem when the law states it is the sellers responsibility. Another earner is to charge a premium to dispose of old computers and monitors in a environment way and then throw in a skip which is emptied by a mate, who works for a domestic disposal company, who takes a back hander. A win - win situation as long as you are not a customer. Have a problem exporting to a country who has a ban on products produced in a certain part of the world, no problem, print some new labels saying manufactured in a country of your choice and hire an agency worker for a week to swap labels. I will stress all of this only relates to practices in the UK where I have first hand experience of all of this and so much more. Believe me it leaves you with no real trust in any company, large or small.

Guess why I support the family oriented TOS here at Hivewire and why I think Hivewire is a breath of fresh air in an environment where fresh air is normally so sadly lacking.