• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True, and I was thinking about some of the comments on the SM Poser forum about using a "facade" or fake props would work for a second row behind the actual props. That won't add as much in the way of poly count as a second row of individual props.

eclark1894

Visionary
A small country store or mom and pop store would have required fewer props :wink:
Wouldn't have been as satisfying to me. To be honest, I'm STILL thinking about the shoe store. I could have finished IT by now. Of course, since I still have the register done, It wouldn't take that long to knock it out. Of course, I run into the same problem there of having products to put on the shelves. It's kind of a shame I can't just make freebies for Hivewire to give away, but since I am still a vendor at CP I guess I could do it there instead.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I run into the same problem there of having products to put on the shelves.
Not really Earl. If you think about it, no shoe store, at least not the nice ones, have that many pairs of shoes on a shelf, as you would have bottles of soda in a supermarket.

In fact, the shelves wouldn't be that long, like in a large supermarket.

eclark1894

Visionary
Not really Earl. If you think about it, no shoe store, at least not the nice ones, have that many pairs of shoes on a shelf, as you would have bottles of soda in a supermarket.

In fact, the shelves wouldn't be that long, like in a large supermarket.
I wouldn't have as many shoes to make, but I'd still have to make them. I'm terrible at shoes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I've never even tried to model shoes, so can't imagine what that's like. Then again, you can have other "accessories" as well, like purses to go with the shoes, so you wouldn't need all shoes on a shelf, or should I say only shoes on a shelf.

eclark1894

Visionary
I went ahead and modeled a boutique today. Basically just the walls, doors and windows. I didn't realize until I had pretty much finished that I was once a security guard for a "The Limited" store in a shopping mall near my home. This structural layout is almost identical to that store. The Limited sells, or rather, sold women's clothing, but I think I can make a few changes and it would be just as good as a shoe store.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, sounds good. Post a screenshot/render when you have something for us to look at.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Would you HAVE to make shoes for a shoe store? with all the outfits that our 3D characters have, couldn't the shoes from them be used? (people use from their own collection I mean).

eclark1894

Visionary
Would you HAVE to make shoes for a shoe store? with all the outfits that our 3D characters have, couldn't the shoes from them be used? (people use from their own collection I mean).
Of course. Any shoes I make would only be props for display anyway. So any renders with Dawn or Pualinine or Maisie or whatever figure you use would need to use shoes made and rigged for that specific figure.

upload_2018-6-12_19-44-46.png

And here's the boutique so far. If you're wondering what the structures are in front of the checkout counter, they're light refractions of the checkout counter as seen through the front bay window display.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I've been playing with Spin the past couple of days as well. I had first played with it while playing in a trial version of Rhino 3D years ago, and I liked it, but never tried it in more recent versions of Blender. I've been working on a set of glasses. The first, a wine goblet came out pretty decent. Now I have to figure out a nice Cycles material setup for it.

This is really coming out nice, but I have one question. Why is the front wall so much thinner than the other 3? Or is that just the perspective view of the camera causing that?

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh, I've been playing with Spin the past couple of days as well. I had first played with it while playing in a trial version of Rhino 3D years ago, and I liked it, but never tried it in more recent versions of Blender. I've been working on a set of glasses. The first, a wine goblet came out pretty decent. Now I have to figure out a nice Cycles material setup for it.

This is really coming out nice, but I have one question. Why is the front wall so much thinner than the other 3? Or is that just the perspective view of the camera causing that?
No, that's just kind of the way the floor plans look. The backwall and Outside back wall have a space between it for a stock room. You can see the entrance from this angle, but there's a entrance in the back corner.

Attachments

• boutique.jpg
    boutique.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 247

eclark1894

Visionary
I had to put some fixtures into the boutique because it really started to look too small. So I put in Dawn behind the checkout counter, equipped with the register and card reader I made for the Supermarket. I also put in a bench for the customers to sit on while trying on shoes. I imported some of V4's old shoes for display purposes.

upload_2018-6-14_10-16-37.png